New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 99193)

PAPA Tokens

By robotronjohn

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-323.jpg
    image-137.jpg
    image.jpg
    PAPA TOKENS.pdf (PDF preview)
    PAPA TOKENS.png
    photo.JPG
    vintage tokens.JPG
    papatoken1.jpg
    papatoken2.jpg
    WP_20140812_001.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Is there a website that shows all the PAPA tokens? After the PAPA website change the posting with the token pictures seems to have been removed. It used to exist on the blog. I would like to compare my collection to the existing list and see what I may need to find for this trip.

#2 6 years ago

I will have to double-check if there are any missing on my end, but I have artwork for 26 of them.

http://papa.org/about-papa/tokens/

#3 6 years ago

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Mark! See you guys next week, I am volunteering about 20 hours!!!

John

#4 6 years ago

Actually Mark there is ONE missing in your list... the PAPA 14 2011 token....

#5 6 years ago

Yep. Found and added it. Thanks!

1 week later
    #6 6 years ago

I do not see the IFPA PAPA token on your list either.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

I do not see the IFPA PAPA token on your list either.

Yep. That one was missing. I just dug into the old orders, found it, and added it.

If anyone else spots one that's missing, let me know.

#8 6 years ago

mhs...how many of these tokens are still in circulation? One would guess that many have been gobbled up by folks collecting them.

Is there still an opportunity to find each unique pressing?

thanks for sharing,

rody

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rody:

mhs...how many of these tokens are still in circulation? One would guess that many have been gobbled up by folks collecting them.
    thanks for sharing,
    rody

I would say that there is no way to know which are still available. Last time I was there I found a rare token. That goes into the keep bin.

#10 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rody:

thanks for sharing,
    rody

They're all still in circulation. I keep an eye out for the two or three most rare ones and still see them occasionally.

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

They're all still in circulation. I keep an eye out for the two or three most rare ones and still see them occasionally.

Ok, looks like the hunt is on for this weekend If I can stop blindly plugging them into the games

#12 6 years ago

I can bring some extras along if people want to trade... I am aware of 3 that I am missing and I've been going to PAPA for 5 years!

#13 6 years ago

I set aside a bunch at Pinburgh but then got lazy and didn't want to break a $100 so in the machines they went.

#14 6 years ago

I have one extra papa token set and (cherry wood?) display box from the papa kickstarter, still brand new in the box for anyone that's interested.

I had my neighbor purchase it for me for an international pinsider that decided afterwards that they didn't want it.

from the kickstarter campaign:
    "20-WAY COMBO DELUXE. Based on record demand for token sets, we are now offering them in a deluxe case mounted for your viewing pleasure. The case you receive will contain a complete mint-condition set of every token PAPA has produced (there are 20 of them), including the new token available only through this campaign."

edit:
    correction, there are 27 [uncirculated] tokens included with the display case. 26 that came with the case, and an additional token that PAPA mailed out (still sealed in the envelope)

#15 6 years ago

I donated to the PAPA TV Kickstarter and received 27 tokens with a display case.
    WP_20140812_001.jpg.

1 week later
    #16 6 years ago

Very cool sets guys...

Despite my best efforts, still a few tokens short. Had a great time sorting and playing though, thanks PAPA!

r

3 weeks later
    #17 6 years ago

I am missing these 2 still. If anyone wants to trade, I think I have dupes of all the rest. I will be at Chi pinball EXPO this year as well. I also have some Seigecraft tokens and other older arcade tokens to trade as well.

papatoken2.jpg
    papatoken1.jpg

#18 6 years ago

Nice, I've been keeping a stash each year, pissing off my friends because I'm wasting time sorting though cups. The big thing that threw me off was the reverse image ones. After I saw that it was like "oh crap, do these all have reverse images?"

#19 6 years ago

Yeah the pirate ship is the only one I dont have too, apparently the rarest of the bunch.

I have an extra tv backer token if anyone wants to swap for a pirate ship?

were there no papa 17 issued tokens this year?

#20 6 years ago

Woo hoo! I caught them all. That link is what I was looking for. It wasn't updated when I last checked.

The one with the GR using a cab as a boat is to commemorate the flood at PAPA a few years back. I think it is the rarest of the bunch.

I also collect arcade tokens, specifically vintage arcade and pinball tokens. If this is your bag, drop me a p.m. and we can talk tokens. (and those drawn to exonumia, I am also a vecturist)

vintage tokens.JPG
    #21 6 years ago

There was no PAPA 17 token made according to Mark. Snyper2099 I think I have a spare of the rowing token, I'll check and let you know.

#22 6 years ago

that rowing token is dope! I had some extras I just looked through from Pinburgh. I have on FSPA and will be at Expo if any FSPA folks want that. I gave the BAPA ones to my BAPA friends. If anyone wants any of these let me know:photo.JPG

#23 6 years ago

I made this little cheat sheet today to figure out what I needed.

PAPA TOKENS.png
    You can get the PDF at the bottom of the post. Not sure why its showing an image for the pdf attachment.
    Print the pdf and you're off to easily figuring out which ones you need
    PAPA TOKENS.pdf

#24 6 years ago

Those will be really hard to find for sure. Good luck on your search.

Quoted from snyper2099:

I am missing these 2 still. If anyone wants to trade, I think I have dupes of all the rest. I will be at Chi pinball EXPO this year as well. I also have some Seigecraft tokens and other older arcade tokens to trade as well.

papatoken2.jpg 10 KB
    papatoken1.jpg 13 KB

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

papatoken2.jpg 10 KB

papatoken1.jpg 13 KB

The flood tokens ARE hard to find. I know I spent over an hour going through the token tub at PAPA and didn't find a single one. I will say if you talk to the right people at PAPA you may just get one....

The pirate ship (tech tribute) tokens can be found. I saw lots of those in the tub. I may have an extra pirate ship.. I will PM if I find it.

#26 6 years ago

I will find them. This ain't my first rodeo. I actually had both of them and gave them away to a friend at PAPA. Here's my extras. If someone is interested in other tokens, I have been collecting them for quite a long time.

image.jpg
    image-137.jpg
    image-323.jpg

#27 6 years ago

I had two of the flood tokens, but I traded one with a friend for the pirate ship token.

1 year later
    #28 4 years ago

What is this token supposed to be? http://papa.org/wp-content/uploads/173.jpg

Is it Bride of Pinbot?

Thanks

#29 4 years ago

2 new ones came out this year at PAPA.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Decals
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    € 3.70
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pinball Z
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 21.00
    € 9.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 45.00
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 221.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 249.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 104.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 1,000.00
    Playfields
    Pinball Playfields
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside