(Topic ID: 65135)

PAPA kickstarter, any updates?

By j_m_

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

has anyone that donated to the kickstarter fund receive anything from PAPA besides the t-shirts? I've emailed them a couple of times now on when I might see my deluxe coin set, but haven't gotten any response.

I don't see anything regarding the kickstarter event whatsoever on their website either (unless papa.org isn't the proper site to be viewing for such information)

#2 10 years ago

You should be getting update emails as a backer, here's the one regarding the tokens.

Greetings faithful and very, very patient backers! It's long overdue that we update you on our happenings, and this one is pretty much all about swag. Your swag. Your rewards.

SHIRTS - These all went out prior to PAPA 16. If there was an issue and it was returned to us, we've reached out to you. If you haven't received it or received the wrong size, please reach out to us!

ADOPT A PIN - All pins were plaqued prior to PAPA 16.

MOVE YOUR CAR - Brian Bannon and Joe Scaletta enjoyed full use of their reserved spots for PAPA 16, and there was only one incident where the parking sign was not respected. Channel 4 News will park wherever they like, thank you very much.

TAKE HIGHEST SCORE - Keith Johnson raised his baby daughter to affix her tiny hand print in the PAPA rafters. It was adorable and terrifying.

MOVIE NIGHT: Due to unforseen technical issues, the Pinburgh 2013 footage recorded by GeekGamer.tv will not be made available for viewing or for the creation of DVD / Blu-Ray. In order to satisfy our backers, we are upgrading all Movie Night tiers in the following way:

MOVIE NIGHT: 2013 Circuit Finals - Will Receive PAPA 16 & Circuit Final

MOVIE NIGHT II: PAPA 16 Finals - Will Receive PAPA 16 & Circuit Final

MOVIE NIGHT III: Pinburgh 2013 Finals - Will Receive PAPA 16 & Circuit Final

DOUBLE FEATURE: Circuit Finals and PAPA 16 Finals - Will Receive PAPA 16, Circuit Final, Expo, and Orlando

TRIPLE FEATURE: 2013 Circuit Finals and PAPA 16 Finals and Pinburgh 2013 Finals - Will Receive PAPA 16, Circuit Final, Expo, Orlando, and our 2013-14 Year in Review Blu Ray that will also feature coverage from Fairfax, INDISC, Louisville, and the 2014 Circuit Final.

We hope to start shipping disks in early to mid December.

Now on to the tokens.

The PAPA TV token was going to be produced with the PAPA 16 token. As some of you know, there was no PAPA 16 token at PAPA 16 due to a manufacturing issue with our producer. That's been cleared up, and both tokens will come in later this month.

Because we appreciate your patience, we want to let you know that everyone eligible for the PAPA TV token will also get a PAPA 16 token when they are ready to ship.

If you pledged for the 20-WAY COMBO or DELUXE 20-WAY COMBO we promised you one of every token we've ever produced - and that means the custom tokens in the MINTY FRESH level that are going in to circulation at PAPA, too. We're still waiting on the designs for a couple of those. However, we're going to go ahead and send out what we have for you in the next few weeks (we're waiting for the deluxe displays to arrive) and send you the rest separately.

For those at the MINTY FRESH level who have sent in their artwork and had it approved, those were produced prior to the manufacturing issue and with a different order we'd submitted. They will go out to you in the next couple of weeks.

We appreciate your patience and all of your feedback, and look forward to broadcasting from Pinball Expo in Chicago!

#3 10 years ago

That is pretty cool. I got a deluxe token set too, so it looks like I'll get an FSPA token in the mix!

5 months later
    #4 10 years ago

Has anyone got their blu ray DVD yet? I donated $100 a long time ago and although I got the tokens, so far no DVD.

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Has anyone got their blu ray DVD yet? I donated $100 a long time ago and although I got the tokens, so far no DVD.

No, I have not.

#6 10 years ago

Hmmmm.... Haven't got an email in quite a while, either.

#7 10 years ago

Got an email saying everything would not fit on dvd and if i wanted i could get a blue ray. I declined the blue ray. Can't remember if they said it would now be two dvds or just a shorter dvd than the blue ray.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinballkim:

Got an email saying everything would not fit on dvd and if i wanted i could get a blue ray. I declined the blue ray. Can't remember if they said it would now be two dvds or just a shorter dvd than the blue ray.

How long ago did you get the email?

#9 10 years ago

From: "Elizabeth Cromwell" <[email protected]> Date: Mon, Mar 3, 2014 12:57 pm Subject: PAPAtv Kickstarter DVD's To: "Elizabeth" <[email protected]>

Hello all!

If you are receiving this e-mail, it's because you pledged at a Movie Night level, and selected DVD as your preferred format. We've run in to a problem, in that we want to give you so much tournament pinball-y goodness that it won't fit on a DVD. Mark says we'd actually have to split the EXPO tournament broadcast across at least two disks, for example - and that's not the only one.

We do not run in to this issue with Blu-Ray, Mark tells me.

That leaves you fine folks with a choice:

1) Would you like to get the Blu-Ray insteadof the DVD? 2) If you would still like to go with DVD over Blu-Ray, Mark will lovingly craft you a full DVD set using the very same computer he uses to broadcast all the awesome pinball action to you.

Please respond and let me know which option you would prefer, so that we can get everything out to the printers.

Thank you, Elizabeth Cromwell Minister of Swag Professional & Amateur Pinball Association

#10 10 years ago

Hi guys. I'm the person who is working on the DVD's / Blu Ray's. There have been some hiccups in this process, mostly caused by the fact we're trying to fit an enormous amount of data onto a medium that can't handle it. The second issue, of course, is that we had to wait for several of these events to actually happen before we could create the discs.

To put the issue into perspective, the expo broadcast was 12 hours long, which is far too much video to fit onto a DVD. Factor in that we're trying to offer multiple tournaments for each level, and the problem becomes more complicated.

In the end, I'm confidant we will end up at a solution that will be satisfactory, but it's just not something that is going to happen overnight. If I could say anything, it's that I apologize for causing the lengthy wait. The issue is being worked on though. My desk currently has 25+ DVD's burnt and about 8-10 Blu-Rays, all in search of what will become the final master to be reproduced.

mhs

1 year later

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-kickstarter-any-updates and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.