Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by meSz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

i know this is were the famous papa tournaments are held, but is it a place you can visit year round? has anyone from the forum visited there when the tournament wasnt going on. there doesnt seem to be too much information on the website like a phone #

#2 9 years ago

Sorry, they don't operate as an arcade. You'll have to wait and try to sign up for the next tournament.

#3 9 years ago

.....or get into a pinball league that is fortunate to play there on occasion. Saw a PAPA league challenge they streamed in November

http://papa.org/2013/11/13/ppl-vs-fspa-league-challenge/

#4 9 years ago

you need to find a cool place like galloping ghost arcade here in chicago. 15 bucks and everything is free play. http://gallopingghostarcade.com/ not a whole lot of pins and when i went the pin room was closed

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Sorry, they don't operate as an arcade. You'll have to wait and try to sign up for the next tournament.

Actually during Papa and Pinburgh the place is open to the public. Pinburgh just passed so wait for Papa.

#6 9 years ago

unfortunately the way my job is, it is impossible to attend the entire event. i could maybe go for 1 day. that is the way it works even using a week of vacation. last year i went to oshkosh, WI for EAA air-adventure a place i am not likely to return to for a long time, and i had to leave 2 days early. i might be able to go to papa for two days at most.

#7 9 years ago

Do not enter the tournament then you can go for just a day. Most DMDs are 50 cents a play.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from Syco54645:

Do not enter the tournament then you can go for just a day. Most DMDs are 50 cents a play.

Or if you want to play in the tournament go Saturday and Sunday!

#9 9 years ago

I have never been there, but from what I have seen, it is well worth a trip over there to play the machines casually. Great selection.....even if only a day

#10 9 years ago

Definitely stop in for just the day when they're open. Great collection in playable condition.

#11 9 years ago

PAPA is only officially open to the public during the two major tourneys held there each year: PAPA World Championships and the Pinburgh Match Play championships.

If you go during those times, and don't care to play in a tournament, there is no fee to enter. All games are on token play. Prices as stated earlier by another post.

For non-tournament play, you'll find a greater selection of pins available during PAPA World Champs than during Pinburgh, because Pinburgh uses over 200 pins set up for tourney play that are off limits.

It's worth every penny of a trip you'd make there, even if only for a day.

#12 9 years ago

Seems a shame to have such a nice collection only used a couple of times a year. Bit like Augusta National Golf Course, stays closed for 6 months a year to prevent any damage during winter.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from dementedwarlok:

you need to find a cool place like galloping ghost arcade here in chicago. 15 bucks and everything is free play. http://gallopingghostarcade.com/ not a whole lot of pins and when i went the pin room was closed

Doesn't sound much like a cool place at all.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

Doesn't sound much like a cool place at all.

i had fun on the almost 500 arcade games. TMNT, simpsons, pole position. it was cool tho. maybe I should have said I am a pin owner and have much respect for them and wouldnt hurt them in any way. I enjoyed it.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from dendoc:

Seems a shame to have such a nice collection only used a couple of times a year. Bit like Augusta National Golf Course, stays closed for 6 months a year to prevent any damage during winter.

The games are often transported for local tournaments or put on route between tournaments. It varies depending on the year or local situation, but the games see the light of day more often than most probably realize.

1 week later
    #16 9 years ago

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-headquarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.