Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by GravitaR
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

mgc2 (resized).jpg
    mgc1 (resized).jpg
    BRAIN (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Turns out tiltforums is about more than just bitching about pinside!
    Pretty sweet shitstorm going down about the new PAPA 20 rules. No longer about a 5 game ticket, now it's best game pump n dump. A lot of the old schoolers are melting down over it.
    I thought it was cool before but I'm sure this new system will be fun too. Certainly less stressful. Seems "easier." In the end I bet it will have a bit of an effect on who gets in.

I've only been to PAPA once (this year) and the 5 game ticket system was very foreign to me. I soon got the hang of it though.

Even though I had the flu bad, I'm not consistent enough to compete with those top guys. I got some good scores but not all on one ticket. That's what sorts out the men from the boys! Well, I did get 40th in classics between coughs so that wasn't totally hopeless.

The pump and dump would give me some chance to make the playoffs. Well, more than the ticket system would anyway haha.

I read the Tilt Forums thread and I can understand how some of the guys really like the current format. It is different to everything else out there, and really rewards the consistent players.

rd

#5 7 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Tournament play has always seemed over-complicated to me.

I'm with ya. I'm a great proponent of using the KISS principles wherever possible.

rd

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wizcat:

It's interesting that a couple of people have said they feel this new format will give them a better chance. You don't also think that the top players in the world also now have a better chance?

They are going to qualify anyway, no matter what the format. They are the best for a reason.

rd

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from nikpinball:

Fuck the new format. It rewards big spending not good play, guess I'll switch from papa to pinburgh. Will really miss the classics.

The "high ups" told me that one guy spent over $1000 on $15 entries for A division in 2015 ... and still didn't qualify.

So don't think people aren't spending huge money as it is now ... it's pretty expensive, especially as the entries were $20 each this year.

I think I did two entries in A a day lol. Probably why I came 100th. Plus I was sick as hell. 10,000 miles to play at PAPA and I get sick. What a bummer. Lol.

rd

#63 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Is your tournament strategy to get everyone else sick?
    I say it only half-jokingly.
    EDIT: rockstar beat me to it.

Actually, it was surprising how many other people were coughing too. There was a cold snap happening and it bought a few people down.

rd

#95 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cdoubleu1:

Oh no..RotoDave got sick

Stink eh. Shit happens.

rd

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-going-pump-n-dump?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.