(Topic ID: 9086)

PAPA gave us all a gift, a pinball video database!

By practicalsteve

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by dung
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Cat_Drinking_Beer.jpg
    IMG_20111223_091722.jpg

#1 9 years ago

Just found this database this morning on the PAPA blog. It's a whole slew of pinball videos done by PAPA (who do pinball videos best IMO). Each game either has a tutorial, tournament, or regular gameplay video. This will be a great resource and fun thing to watch. One of the best presents I got this year.

http://pinball.org/videos/

#2 9 years ago

Sweet! These are like the best things going in pinball. Plus you can watch vimeo on your tv.

#3 9 years ago

Checked a couple, not bad at all! Shame the loud echoing hall picks up the solenoids so much, but being able to see the playfield makes a nice change.

#5 9 years ago

These videos are awesome, period...

#6 9 years ago

Great resource. Just watched 5 of them. Awesome

#7 9 years ago

They are awesome videos - It's like 3 way combo video viewing power! I subscribe to them on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CGRpinball

#8 9 years ago

I've been watching them off and on all day, with a few breaks in between to play actual pinball. IMG_20111223_091722.jpg Giving my X-mas present a little love too...

#9 9 years ago

Very cool, thanks for posting.

#10 9 years ago

Awesome, I've always enjoyed PAPA videos. Thanks for sharing

#11 9 years ago

What a great link, thanks,added to favs.

Quoted from Leeb18509:

Giving my X-mas present a little love too...
    Attachments
    IMG_20111223_091722.jpg (151.5 KB, 0 downloads) 2 hours old

Ummm awsome. Can Im in my basement having a few cold ones myself.

#12 9 years ago

What an awesome resource. Thanks for the link! After watching the Pinburgh 2011 Semifinals on Tommy, I don't feel nearly as bad about sucking at the game. Even some of the best players in the world were getting hammered by those merciless side drains.

#13 9 years ago

These are awesome!!!! And it'll only grow. Man, I would love to fly out to Pittsburgh to help them film some more of those! Kevin, Bowen, anyone listening?

#14 9 years ago

Giving my X-mas present a little love too...

I can haz sippy???

Cat_Drinking_Beer.jpg

As for the thread,
    Thank you Bowen for allowing the pinball community to partake in your "skillz", you make it seem so effortless!
    A big KUDOS as well to PAPA for making this an enjoyable reality!

#15 9 years ago

Watching the TSPP tutorial.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from guymontag451:

These are awesome!!!! And it'll only grow. Man, I would love to fly out to Pittsburgh to help them film some more of those! Kevin, Bowen, anyone listening?

We're listening, and yep, it'll grow. The gameplay section will grow fastest in the near future. Bowen lives in Boston and we film a few tutorials every time he comes into town, which is a few times per year. The tournament footage will grow as the tournaments happen over the coming year. Lots of stuff from PAPA 14 still to be posted as soon as I can get to it.

Always love feedback to help make the resource better, and especially love hearing when the resources help people learn new things or play better. That's what it's all about.

Keep flipping!

#17 9 years ago

I wish I could take the credit, but I only posted about it first, all the guys at PAPA rock! I learn so much about pinball from them. I LOVE the tournament videos with commentary.

#18 9 years ago

The tutorial videos Bowen does are the best pinball videos on the net. Period! Do one for every game at papa and put it on DVD or something. I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

#19 9 years ago

I cant give enough praise for these. Totally awesome. I have learned so much about the pins I have owned for years. Thank You for making these available. Now its time to go practice.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

The tutorial videos Bowen does are the best pinball videos on the net. Period! Do one for every game at papa and put it on DVD or something. I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Agreed. A DVD of Bowen's tutorials would sell very well, and would be a great way to raise money for PAPA.

#21 9 years ago

This is sweeeet! this will be great watching at work tomorrow

#22 9 years ago

This is amazing! Thanks for sharing

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Agreed. A DVD of Bowen's tutorials would sell very well, and would be a great way to raise money for PAPA.

even with them all online I would buy one.

#24 9 years ago

Thanks for the info. i have watched some of their tutorials, but have never seen this list. Right now I am trying to watch the Elvis video, but it won't load

Really would like to watch a good video of it. My lineup is leaning towards RBION and LOTR. I would like to get one more whitestar machine from a different designer and Elvis would be great.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside