Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Prmailers
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

The PAPA Circuit Final will be broadcast today live by Geekgamer.tv. We're always looking for ways to bring more pinball to more people, and Chase at GeekGamer helped out big with this one.

http://www.geekgamer.tv/ggtv/ggtvpapalive/

#2 10 years ago

This is awesome. Lovin' the live coverage.

Standings thus far: http://papa.org/circuit/live.php\

I prefer watching using the 'pop-out' small window feature here: http://www.twitch.tv/geekgamertv

I think I've seen a couple of pinball babes too!

#3 10 years ago

Watched most of it.... Daniele starting in the first group and going 22 straight rounds without getting last and winning it all was pretty baller

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

The PAPA Circuit Final will be broadcast today live by Geekgamer.tv. We're always looking for ways to bring more pinball to more people, and Chase at GeekGamer helped out big with this one.
    http://www.geekgamer.tv/ggtv/ggtvpapalive/

It was a great job on the coverage. I see they have Sunday on the schedule at geekgamer also. I hope it goes well and possibly more tourneys / events will be covered in the future.

#5 10 years ago

I watched it from 10:30 till the end. Awesome coverage, do more!

And, my god, Daniele played amazingly. He 100% deserved that win

#6 10 years ago

I watched a lot of it, especially when I got home. pretty much figure about 4-5 hrs. I liked the quality, the commentary was good. I really hope this becomes a feature.

#7 10 years ago

it was very well done.

seperate dmd window, player cam, that is the way to do it.

#8 10 years ago

I almost never watch pinball on YouTube or PAPA videos but this tournament had me hooked since 9:30 am yesterday morning . I watched the whole event between my computer at work and my iPhone. Thanks to the op for posting link. Thanks to PAPA for reporting live coverage. Great effort by all the players but we all know it was Daniele's day and he was a one man wrecking crew.

I would definitely watch this type of tournament structure again it made it very entertaining for the viewer .

Thanks
    Mike

#9 10 years ago

I'll just add.... the "live" part of this really made it. All sports are watched live. No one watches video of last week's football game.

So, a definite step in the right direction.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I'll just add.... the "live" part of this really made it. All sports are watched live. No one watches video of last week's football game.
    So, a definite step in the right direction.

This isn't as true as it used to be. DVRs have changed it. For years I had to work sundays so I would watch the NFL games on Monday. So long as you don't spoil the results it feels exactly the same.

#11 10 years ago

I just wish that they had the live feed from the cameras instead of having to position their cameras to record the recording from the HDTVs. I'm hoping it was because they got their Thursday morning and didn't have the time to do it and not because it was not possible to do it.

I was watching at home and had to explain to them that the games didn't really look that bad. When I showed my friend what Iron Man really looked like, he was shocked.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from poopdotcom:

I was watching at home and had to explain to them that the games didn't really look that bad. When I showed my friend what Iron Man really looked like, he was shocked.

the commentators, were saying it was because they didnt have enough time to adjust the (white light ?) when going from game to game....i didnt really understand it but some games showed better then others

#13 10 years ago

sounds like technical details that they'll be able to work on and tweak with more experience.

#14 10 years ago

It probably means they need a dedicated camera on each game in the pool. That is a lot to ask of the pilot broadcast.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChadTower:

It probably means they need a dedicated camera on each game in the pool. That is a lot to ask of the pilot broadcast.

agreed and i totally would watch again. i think they are definitely onto something with that format. i wonder how much viewership they had??
    ..put it this way i was watching pinball all day at work on my pc while the guys on the trading desk had the masters on the high def tv. i enjoyed the PAPA event much more then the first day of the masters!

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChadTower:

They already have a dedicated camera on each game in the pool. Each game has a camera above it and there are TVs that receive those camera feeds from four different games per HDTV (with a nicely crafted cabinet that will allow you to press a button to switch between the four cameras on that TV). I think PAPA has three TVs and 12 cameras.

The problem is that the camera broadcasting over the web was not the camera over the game... it was a camera aimed at an HDTV showing the game.

I'm not sure why they couldn't tap into the actual camera feeds. I was guessing they didn't have time to set it all up, but maybe they will have that set up for Sunday.

#17 10 years ago

Yea, some of the games like Iron Man were really washed out. But overall I had a great time watching. I was very impressed with how professional everything seemed and the announcers were really entertaining for the most part.
    Kudo's to all involved and I hope to see more events like this.

#18 10 years ago

They have a camera on each game, but the live feed was showing the feed from the game to the overhead screens, not the direct camera feed. I think that the setup didn't have capacity to switch between all seven camera feeds--I asked about it in the chat and it was 'too hard'.

#19 10 years ago

I did not even see the chat till it was all over.
    I went full screen at the beginning and when it was done I finally saw the chat going on below.

#20 10 years ago

Hey Everyone,
    Chase here and I wanted to clarify some things and hope to answer some questions at the same time.

Thank you all for watching the coverage of the Circuit Final! It was something that was put together over a month period when I had Bowen on my pinball special. After that show we chatted a few times and in working with Mark and Kevin, I offered to bring my assistance and equipment from WA to PA to make this happen.

For background, this is NOT my job and at this time, I do not make any money from this. For the past 7 years I have built this network with a lot of personal investment, time, money, and more time and money. Hoping to someday to be able to do this full time (internet broadcasting, pinball, etc)

I have always had a passion for creating content and pinball, and when I had the chance (and experience and equipment, to pull it off, I offered myself and my network to try to do it)....and so I did!

With Bowen as my "Play-By-Play man", he rocked it! Then I got my good friend Eden Stamm to be Mr. Interviewer....and then Greg Dunlap to assist me when Bowen was booked or called away. A solid broadcast team!

When it comes to ads...here is the deal....

GeekGamer.TV does NOT receive any revenue from ads that are forced on the UStream feed. They are providing a free service to me, in addition to front page placement and promotion to their 1.5 million twitter followers. I'm okay with this because it helps the exposure of pinball and my small internet network.

Any donations that are sent into GeekGamer.TV, go to me and I reinvest them into the network. In the form of equipment, expenses, etc. If you enjoyed the coverage....(cough cough)....also don't forget to support PAPA as well!

There was technical limitations for pulling the feed from the overhead cameras, so I had to make a different solution, but it worked. Sorry about the white balance.....totally forgot to set it on that camera.

Anyway...if you have more questions about me, the coverage or the network, please fire away.

The next pinball live coverage will be on Sunday, 9:30am for coverage of the Pinburgh 2013 finals!

Already have Eden, Greg lined up to help!

- Chase

#21 10 years ago

great, great job. watched tons of it. almost better than the player's perspective.

first time i've seen 'watching' pinball fun...

-jon

#22 10 years ago

Nice Job Chase, enjoyed the broadcast and hope to watch more events.

#23 10 years ago

Thanks Chase for the info and great job on Thursday! I'm going to check out that pinball special and I'll pony up a small donation in gratitude while I'm there.

Good luck today qualifying btw and looking forward to the broadcast on Sunday although I'll be out the first half of the day. Any chance there will be a replay of the day's broadcast.? Ditto Thursday.

#24 10 years ago

More Bowen.

He's a pinball rockstar. His video tutes are awesome.

I don't know how many times I've watched Flash Gordon and Paragon. HS was good too.

Adam Becker's gameplay analysis is good too.

#25 10 years ago

Job well done, Chase.

hey, I was thinking, as you continue to tinker and experiment with the broadcasts, why not try a player cam with the camera facing the player? the camera could be beside the machine facing out. Then you'd see their facial expressions and I think it would be really dramatic.

#26 10 years ago

I thought Eden was a great interviewer. It being live was also great and commentary was also brilliant. Well done!

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from Chase:

Any donations that are sent into GeekGamer.TV, go to me and I reinvest them into the network. In the form of equipment, expenses, etc. If you enjoyed the coverage....(cough cough)....also don't forget to support PAPA as well!

Message received. Donation made via Paypal. My son and I loved the coverage.

#28 10 years ago

FYI: Finals of Pinburgh are being livestreamed now. Link at live.geekgamer.tv or papa.org/blog

#29 10 years ago

Watched nearly the whole thing in my house on the main home theater. Awesome. Loved every minute of it.

#30 10 years ago

Really loved the coverage. I could care less about advertising when using a free service.

#31 10 years ago

I could watch that all day. Wife thinks I am nuts. Awesome entertainment.

#32 10 years ago

We DID watch all day and the wife thinks we are nuts!

#33 10 years ago

I watched this all day. Simply awesome being live. Thanks Chase and everyone involved with this live streaming. Hope this becomes a regular thing. Thanks also to PAPA for holding these great events and to Mark for his endless work.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from ChadTower:

We DID watch all day and the wife thinks we are nuts!

We watched ALL day as well!! But I am the wife...so I guess that makes us both nuts!!!

Congrats to all the winners!!

Phoebe

#35 10 years ago

great job once again. Live broadcasts rule.

#36 10 years ago

I haven't been able to watch this afternoon...phone can't handle it grrrrr..... Anyone have the results?

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from geet84:

I haven't been able to watch this afternoon...phone can't handle it grrrrr..... Anyone have the results?

Keith won A. Chase Nunes won C. Not sure how the others shook out.

#38 10 years ago

Congrats Keith Elwin!!!

#39 10 years ago

Thanks!

#40 10 years ago

Any chance these being uploaded somewhere for us that couldn't watch today?

#41 10 years ago

Got to watch most of it.
    Had to go to dinner after Keith took second on Addams Family.
    Guess he did better on the other machines.

#42 10 years ago

Watched it all, was great.

Just hope next year it's not the same weekend as the masters!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-circuit-final-live-coverage-today and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.