• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#2 11 years ago

thanks for the heads up...

#3 11 years ago

I hope they do a tutorial video.

#4 11 years ago

That's a departure from their normal format...

Guessing that wasn't done at papaHQ.

#5 11 years ago

There is a second vertical video too

#6 11 years ago

When are we going to see helmet cams, would certainly be interesting. Avengers video turned out nice and fills the screen.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Prmailers:

That's a departure from their normal format...
Guessing that wasn't done at papaHQ.

It was filmed inside the new film studio at PAPA HQ.

#9 11 years ago

^^^^^ nice!

I checked out the vertical vid a little while ago.

Thanks for the heads up.

#10 11 years ago

Interesting video. Did anyone notice the pitch setting and how he couldn't make the BW shot unless it was a rebound. Is this a common TAVLE issue or would setting the coil strength to hard fix it?

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Interesting video. Did anyone notice the pitch setting and how he couldn't make the BW shot unless it was a rebound. Is this a common TAVLE issue or would setting the coil strength to hard fix it?

I have no problems with the shot on mine. It is a very tight shot and requires a prefect shot. A few folks around here claim you can even backhand it, but I haven't been able to yet.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from ninjadoug:

I have no problems with the shot on mine. It is a very tight shot and requires a prefect shot. A few folks around here claim you can even backhand it, but I haven't been able to yet.

Both ramp shots are tight but widow is really hard to hit when you need it (hulk mb). If you don't hit the ramp just perfect with speed it will roll back down.

I've been trying to backhand the ramp, the closest I got was getting the ball just past the spinner. Hard to get enough speed on the backhand. Might be possible by lowering the pitch to a really low setting.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from ninjadoug:

Yep, I can backhand it from a stopped ball on the flipper once I regapped the flipper bat and waxed the playfield. The playfield is clear coated but waxing it really sped up the access to that ramp shot. Lowering pitch is not needed. I can make those shots fine at 8 degrees or whatever.

#14 11 years ago

I've backhanded it a few times. IT feel sweet!

#15 11 years ago

Great vid, thanks to all that took part in providing it for all of us....

I had problems with the ball hanging up in the right ramp just before the Loki up post...

At 16:22- 16:30 you can see it happen once, my issue was way worse than that, but i got it straightend out...

It is a very fun game..

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Jokercyclone:

When are we going to see helmet cams, would certainly be interesting. Avengers video turned out nice and fills the screen.

Unfortunately, helmet cams don't work in the way you'd want them to, because the player's head is almost constantly in motion. The result is choppy and unwatchable. You can ask the player not to move their head, and then you get a choppy, unwatchable, poorly played video instead.

Better is a small camera placed below the flippers or in a specific spot on the game, to get a second camera angle besides the top-down. You can see this on the Addams Family tutorial video, for example, as well as the second angle on the Avengers game. Long-term, some more tutorials may be shot with multiple camera angles, but it is a fairly involved process to set this up, record, then post-produce. To some extent there's a choice of quantity over quality in play.

#17 11 years ago

I've backhanded the ramp several times. Can't o it consistently but I feels good when you do

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-avengers-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.