PAPA and Dutch Pinball: Lebowski high quality video

By bkerins

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

The PAPA crew got an up close look at the Big Lebowski recently and produced a short video to show off some of the game’s features. All questions about the game should be directed to the folks at Dutch Pinball.

http://papa.org/2014/12/12/big-lebowski-pinball-machine-by-dutch-pinball/

#2 9 years ago

Awesome thanks for posting the video, it looks amazing. I hope DP can knock this out of the park with rules, dots/video and possibly some custom sound and maybe some other goodies.

#3 9 years ago

Well thanks a lot Bowen, I was 2 doors down from that suite and you didn't even stop to say hi. Or invite me to play games for dollars. LOL

#4 9 years ago

Awesome!

#5 9 years ago

Man...this is great, been looking foward to seeing it.

#6 9 years ago

My dream theme. If I wasn't saving for my daughters wedding I would order one.

#7 9 years ago

Love the video, the music is great, not sure "flowy" is what comes to mind but I like all kinds of pins and this one has an awesome theme going for it.

#8 9 years ago

God I cannot wait for this to be completed. It looks amazing and isn't even done yet. I hope this gets multiple runs made of this game. I want to see this thing everywhere haha. By far the best theme I have ever seen for a pin.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from cards25:

Well thanks a lot Bowen, I was 2 doors down from that suite and you didn't even stop to say hi. Or invite me to play games for dollars. LOL

Psst: you can say hi, too

#10 9 years ago

Awesome video of a beautiful game. Very jealous of those in NYC this weekend. Love watching this one come together!

#11 9 years ago

I am speechless...
That video is simply amazing.
Way above everything else I saw.
Great players, great video technical quality, sound... and Fantastic game.
(I am still not thrilled about the lower bowling area, but that's personal)

Seems almost unfair for the other manufacturers! (PS: I need one like that for AMH and Wooly!)

#12 9 years ago

Wow nice and to think I was thinking no more pins

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

PS: I need one like that for AMH

There's one from a few months back. Check the archive.

#14 9 years ago

Yes, a similar gameplay video was built for America's Most Haunted when it came out.

http://papa.org/2014/09/24/americas-most-haunted-pinball-gameplay/

#15 9 years ago

Watched the movie yesterday, now this great footage (thx Bowen!)

I am starting to want one, shit only have one slot free for a future AFM ....

Think this badboy would really tie my cave together

#16 9 years ago

Now that is how you film a pinball machine! Fantastic job!
After seeing that I cannot wait now until mine arrives. Just a great looking pinball machine.
I really think DP is spot on with the theme integration. Lighting and artwork is off the charts!
To think this is just pre alpha. This is going to be an unbelievable machine.
I'm so glad I ordered one.

#17 9 years ago

So people can now use the words "pinball and "marketing" in the same sentence?
Unbelievable!
Great video. Thanks for sharing BK!

#18 9 years ago

Wish I had the cash for one. Way cool! Great job on the video .

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#19 9 years ago

The split screen is excellent.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

So people can now use the words "pinball and "marketing" in the same sentence?
Unbelievable!
Great video. Thanks for sharing BK!

The PAPA crew did all the legwork on this, thanks to the PAPAtv Kickstarter money. No marketing or endorsement was implied!

#21 9 years ago

Well it is an awesome video, but this is a game that's not gonna make it to production from some info that's come to light.

#22 9 years ago

Uhhh... what? New shit has come to light? Please let us know what you are talking about, KC.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Uhhh... what? New shit has come to light? Please let us know what you are talking about, KC.

He's talking about this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game. First few pages just set the stage.

#24 9 years ago

Great video....and a great looking game. I'm gonna hate John Goodman forever if he ends up being the blockade in the production of it.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

He's talking about this thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dp-usa-refund-still-want-the-game. First few pages just set the stage.

What he said.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Great video....and a great looking game. I'm gonna hate John Goodman forever if he ends up being the blockade in the production of it.

I bet... I mean seriously why should DP have to get his approval? It's not like they used any of his quotes or his face is on the back glass or anything like that... It's not like he was an integral part of the movie at all... Basically an extra on the set

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

The PAPA crew did all the legwork on this, thanks to the PAPAtv Kickstarter money. No marketing or endorsement was implied!

So "marketing" and "pinball" still can't be used in the same sentence?
: (

#28 9 years ago

ugh they only thing stated was that they wouldn't be able to create new john goodman assets for this game; where they could potentially get actors approval for new assets for the rest. So, who knows how many assets were already available but it's not zero.

#29 9 years ago

that looks good….REAL good!

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Quite frankly, even if unintended it is an excellent marketing TBL video at least to me. I was almost sold based on that video only. Then came the train wreck

#31 9 years ago

The train ain't wrecked yet

#32 9 years ago

I like it over here better than the other place. It's a far more positive outlook.
I am still in because of this video. This machine must go into production.
It is beautiful!

#33 9 years ago

I'm not sure what the deal is with that other thread, but to not send this game to production is like saying, Dutch Pinball doesn't like making money, and I be that isn't true.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'm not sure what the deal is with that other thread, but to not send this game to production is like saying, Dutch Pinball doesn't like making money, and I be that isn't true.

They just don't like following the rules in regards to the licensing. Depending on how things shake out, they may not be the ones deciding if it goes to production. They're sure establishing a pattern with that so far. 2 for 2.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

They just don't like following the rules in regards to the licensing. Depending on how things shake out, they may not be the ones deciding if it goes to production. They're sure establishing a pattern with that so far. 2 for 2.

Okay gotcha. Well then it's their fault if things fall through. That would truly be a shame.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Cenobyte:

The train ain't wrecked yet

Just some little delay, as with all trains in Holland, haha .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-and-dutch-pinball-lebowski-high-quality-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.