(Topic ID: 214818)

PAPA accused of negligence (alleged parking lot injury)

By VectorGamer

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 303 posts
  • 112 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by NathanP
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10910323-448D-427E-9286-4DC24A619697 (resized).jpeg
    spicoli-righteous-2.jpg
    1508C21E-6FE9-4AC9-B70E-83E8A214E7BD (resized).png
    9E7EE147-DE54-4D43-AD7E-E7397EAF48CD (resized).jpeg
    E50B0517-D8C0-466B-9302-56A2A464531F (resized).png
    erin-brockovich-neckbrace (resized).jpg
    aflac (resized).jpg
    gregg2 (resized).JPG
    gregg (resized).JPG
    superior2 (resized).JPG
    superior (resized).JPG
    bestfriends (resized).jpg
    A59BB0CC-A17C-4E65-AB0B-F9B38B0B3D40 (resized).jpeg
    Root (resized).jpg
    large-potholes (resized).jpg
    TEXTING+WOMAN+FALLS (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #75 The legal complaint document Posted by pinball_keefer (6 years ago)

Post #77 Summary of injuries Posted by westofrome (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frippertron.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 6 years ago

I'm sorry but this is horseshit! I hope they dig up stuff on this Jill Jasik character and find out she is just a junkie looking for a payday. I'm sorry, how about some personal accountability you dumb shit!

#16 6 years ago

Just because you're into pinball doesn't mean you can't be a terrible person (allegedly) like a certain ex pinball designer.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

In California this is a million dollar settlement.

That would end PAPA. I don't understand people today. But This girl LOVES pinball

#32 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Yes..how about that, you hypocrite? You have no idea what the hell really happened, but you're clearly okay with making a ridiculous insinuation that this person a drug addict.. clearly you've waived your own personal responsibility to even remotely attempt to be a decent human being, and have sunk to the level of people filing frivolous lawsuits.
    We're all tired of the lawsuit-happy environment in the US. Especially me, because a rural district in my state is frequently used to abuse copyright/trademark/patent laws. Note: I got kicked off a jury for a slip-and-fall case because I knew how to answer the question "What is Occam's Razor?" and the prosecution DID NOT WANT ANYONE WITH A BRAIN ON THE JURY. I was the only one that answered it after several seconds of really uncomfortable silence, and I knew answering it would probably get me removed...it was the only thing I said at all in voir dire, and sure enough...I got dismissed. I really wanted to be on that jury, too, because it was looking like it was going to be a comedy of someone trying to prove culpability where it was clearly the plantiff's fault.

I didn't assume anything. I said, I "hope" not she "is" to explain the situation. These kind of lawsuits really bother me due to personal experience. I knew I should have bit my tongue and I'm sorry for offending you. I will reserve judgement until more information comes out. Thanks for keeping me on my toes Frax. No disrespect.

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

yup 09 April 2016 and the suit claims an inability to do hobbies but she has had no trouble playing in more pinball competitions...
    One as recent as April 30th 2016, just a few short weeks after this injury???
    It gives pause to see such a major injury and still standing on a fracture for long hours of pinball in such a short time frame.

This is money right here! He got ya!

#108 6 years ago

I'd like some European perspective here. Tell us all how stupid this is.

#119 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I wonder if that lady that broke her leg while stealing packages off someone's porch ever sued the property owner.

She would probably win. Only in America!

#121 6 years ago

If you break your wrist ice skating at Rockefeller Center, do you get to cash in too?

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from AaronJames:

What happened to this Pinball community?
    I never thought I would see as many hurtful and troll-ish remarks as I have reading this thread. People who know nothing of what happened are so quick to demonize one of their own so they can write some cheeky Pinside post and look cool amongst other Pinside fools.
    What happened to edifying and encouraging another? All this thread is ,apart from a couple of posts, is just tearing Jill down.
    I am really ashamed at the Pinball / PinSide community right now. Everyone is acting like they are the judges when they know nothing.
    Yes, I am from Michigan and know Jill very well. She is a good person, and I’m not afraid of what any of you delinquents will say about me either.
    Grow up Pinside.
    Sincerely,
    Aaron Grabowski

Aaron it's because PAPA is so important to pinball. It's like a Trekkie suing Gene Roddenberry

#185 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballwife4life:

If any one of you got hurt like she did, you would be suing the shit out of PAPA
    Its amazing to see how some of you are the same ones fighting against sexism in pinball and then turn around and Bash a women because she’s suing your beloved PAPA for getting hurt at their business.
    Jill has done a lot to help promote pinball and get more people into this hobby. Yet you call her a junkie & try to down play her injury. Grow up
    Also FYI for the idiots who don’t understand how insurance works.... do some actual research outside of IFPA... you might learn something

The gender card is completely irrelevant and stinks of sensationalism.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frippertron.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-accused-of-negligence?tu=frippertron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.