Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by JOESCHALL
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

Your experience is totally up to you. What Division will you be playing in?

What to do: Play pinball. Keep in mind that every day there is a classics tournament, along with other stuff like Split Flipper, so you may want to allow yourself time to do everything.

What not to do: Nudity, excessive drunkenness, violence, stuff like this is discouraged.

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Sign up for D division (I think you have to choose a division in advance for PAPA), do your best, and have a great time!

You don't. You can make your decision when you show up. You can also move up in division during the tournament if you decide, but not move back. I'd probably suggest doing the lowest division possible - I did C my first year and won it. I would have done D if I could have, but if you have played virtually ANY IFPA pinball you won't be eligible for D.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

I believe the Allentown and the York show were IFPA tournaments. So does this mean I have to play in C? Not that it matters, just asking for clarification. My goal the first year is to definitely have fun first and foremost!

Most likely.

D is for absolute beginners and if you have a couple IFPA events under your belt you are probably restricted to C.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-2107-first-timer-seeking-advice?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.