Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by westofrome
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Looking forward to seeing some ticket results pop up on http://papa.org/live/. Any word on streaming today?

UPDATE: follow this year's results at https://results.papa.org/#/papa/app/results

#2 7 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Looking forward to seeing some ticket results pop up on http://papa.org/live/. Any word on streaming today?

This stuff doesn't seem current. The finals shouldn't even be there yet.

Edit: The page title still says papa19. heh.

#3 7 years ago

They streamed the PAPA circuit event yesterday, was a really good stream. Watched it on youtube. Not sure what they are gonna stream today. They only streamed the finals for the circuit event.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

They streamed the PAPA circuit event yesterday, was a really good stream. Watched it on youtube. Not sure what they are gonna stream today. They only streamed the finals for the circuit event.

In preivous years at papa, they'd sometime stream later in the day qualifying, but not much - then they do the finals. And it's only A division, because they don't have cameras set up on the other banks/classics/etc.

#6 7 years ago

It's very mobile-phone style. Even on a desktop.

#7 7 years ago

And Bowen has already put 6.2B up on AFM.

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

It's very mobile-phone style. Even on a desktop.

yeah odd on my large computer to be looking at a super sized phone screen. But I guess that's the world we're living in now, and desktops are dinosaurs.

#9 7 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

yeah odd on my large computer to be looking at a super sized phone screen. But I guess that's the world we're living in now, and desktops are dinosaurs.

I'm sure 95% of the people looking at it are AT PAPA on their phones anyway -- I was just wondering if there's a desktop version and it's just not detecting, or if it's only this one version.

#10 7 years ago

Thanks for the link. If anyone wants to watch the ladder finals from yesterday youtube link is:

#11 7 years ago

Oughta edit that in to the OP

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

Thanks for the link. If anyone wants to watch the ladder finals from yesterday youtube link is:
    » YouTube video

Appreciate it! looking forward to checking this out and the finals from this weekend.

#13 7 years ago

Wish PAPA could strike a deal with ESPN 8 The Ocho to show the finals. They broadcast the cornhole championship, ffs.

#14 7 years ago

You can also scroll by holding in your mouse button and moving it up down with button pressed just like using your finger on a phone.

#15 7 years ago

is there a schedule of any sort to know when they are going to stream live? I searched around, but never found anything.

#16 7 years ago

I see a lot of players when they have a ball cradled they will flip the empty flipper a few times before making a shot. What is the reason for that?

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I see a lot of players when they have a ball cradled they will flip the empty flipper a few times before making a shot. What is the reason for that?

Depends on the situation. A lot of times they are doing it to get the ball to settle. This is particularly true when there is more then one ball cradled and they want them settled to try and separate.

#18 7 years ago

I understand that situation, but what about when only one ball is cradled and settled and none other in play? What is the benefit, if any, of flipping the other flipper a few times?

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I understand that situation, but what about when only one ball is cradled and settled and none other in play? What is the benefit, if any, of flipping the other flipper a few times?

Habit, flipper testing, flipping just to flip, essentially nothing....

#20 7 years ago

I've heard a theory that some do it as some kind of timing thing. I blame the devil.

#21 7 years ago

Does anyone know why they change out nearly all of the games from qualifying to the brackets and are those games predetermined or is it done by the top seed?

#22 7 years ago

I think they change them in order to provide additional challenge. The idea is the better players will be able to continue playing well on machines they aren't prepared for and haven't been adapting to for three days. I'm pretty sure they're selected by the tournament directors.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-20-has-begun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.