View topic image gallery

Pinball_Magazine_Robert_Gagno_special_(cover)_(resized).png
Flu_map_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160408_123415429_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
PAPA_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You have to enact an information embargo, just as you'd have to do with any other major competition.....

just like anything anything these days. Tv Show, Sports, Music, kids playing in the park...if it can be spoiled some assholes love it.

#51 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

But this isn't a case of assholes spoiling... it's just people talking about what happened.

You thinking those are 2 diff'rent things is exactly the problem

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Expecting "everyone else" to self-censor, watch what they post and keep things under wraps is extremely selfish, not to mention unworkable.

Quoted from metallik:

I disagree that people should censor thread titles and watch what they're saying just because a few people haven't seen the big event yet.

This is the diff'rence...I don't expect people not to talk aboot whom won the second after it happens; I would.

The diff'rence is starting a thread called "Papa 19 (or whatever)" vs. "Congrats John dickinhiemer for winning papa 19."
See that's fucking selfish...people can't control themselves for 2 seconds and start a thread, then mention something inside it.
They have to be the first breaking "news." Which is why 5 people all start "code just dropped" threads an hour after the other 4 people did...instead of taking 2 seconds to simmer down and look on the front damn page.

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Stop blaming everyone else.

I do really get your point and mostly agree with it. There's people at my work that LITERALLY still don't want Star Wars talked aboot. So I tell them I'm going to talk aboot it and tell them to leave...I think its a courtesy thing.
Same with the title of a thread...but whatever man; agree to disagree.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I've never played PAPA, but if I went, I would always try for A. I'm sure I wouldn't come close, but i would want to see how much I could improve each year against the worlds best.

I guess....or you can see how not close you'd come in B division. papa is HARRRRRD man...like insane. When I went I walked in the door it was like the beginning of Kingpin. I grabbed some dudes slice of pizza and ate it, walked up to WhirlWind and blew...I don't know 20+ million or something and got a $100 bonus...then it was all down hill. It really has little to do with other players honestly...the qualifying is just so brutal. I chose B over C because I liked the bank more...friend of similar level to me entered C and won a giant awesome trophy...so yeah.

EDIT: You can't trust those game there...DW was in the bank which is a slam dunk...I don't know if I made 3 loops the entire weekend. End of qualifying frenzy with people trying to make the cut DW was sitting totally open...no one wanted to play it.

#75 8 years ago

If it was a standard tournament style, A all the way dude...but the bank game play is such a bitch. You'd have $100 in your little paw, you'd blow the first game and that qualifying chance is over in 120 seconds... only $75 left

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So the guys that qualify for A, thy are putting an amazing score up on every game on their ticket? That's impressive. I figured there would be maybe 3-4 big scores on them, but not all 5.

Well the ones that are going to end up qualifying do.

Believe me it kept me up at night thinking whether to go A or B. I talked so some big names when I got there, almost ashamed to tell them I entered B. First thing they said "you're stupid, you've never been here before you should have entered C."
*cue the Larry David music*

#82 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If the bank is all games I know backwards and forwards and I'm confident on all them, that is my best chance at qualifying, not the players that are also playing those games.

That's logical thinking, but completely incorrect
You'll ALWAYS have a better chance of qualifying/winning C.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

4,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-19-world-pinball-championships?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.