View topic image gallery

Pinball_Magazine_Robert_Gagno_special_(cover)_(resized).png
Flu_map_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160408_123415429_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
PAPA_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silver_spinner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 8 years ago

papa and pinburgh trump everything. doesnt matter if they fall on other dates. pinburgh is the best all out show and tourney and papa is the other best tourney. both with the highest payouts of any tourney.
any "show" or tourney should schedule around those 2 events.

1 month later
#109 7 years ago

Baywatch flippers were way to weak. couldn't hit a ramp shot in practice, that's why no one chose it.
no one chose genesis bcuz the thing was set up super ultra hard and the pops would throw balls out the side with no way to save and the tilt was to tight to compensate. the slings were ultra sensitive as well.
those things are game changers.

Quoted from Edenecho:

Very exciting finals!
Only a shame noone had the balls to pick Baywatch, would be cool to see it in a finals and see how it played. It must have played better than WH2O.

#110 7 years ago

im with you ed on the classic waits. i like to play my games quickly after another. that's why i only played a couple times in classics 1 and did not play classics 2 or 3. i cant stand waiting. 45 minutes between games at some points on classics 1 when i played.
I'm impatient and it ruins my flow. they need 4 score keepers and more games in classics, not 2 score keepers. 2 is not enough and i hope its addressed. the 2 score keepers at a time do a fantastic job, but its to much on them. its like a packed restaurant having 2 waitresses. they can only do so much.
papa attendance has outgrown the facility just as pinburgh has (which is super for pinball). The parking is ridiculous. even at 11am on a thursday its already overfilled. i had to park 5 blocks away on friday and way to many people got tickets for parking in the street.
we all need chip in and help get another location. a larger facility, with way way more parking.
Kickstarter anyone?

Quoted from ezeltmann:

PAPA 19 Will go down as the most crowded PAPA ever (until next year). Long lines for A and Classics were the norm, even first thing in the morning (Classics). Having the circuit the day before helped bring everyone into town.
Personally , i like to be able to play my entry one game after another, without too much wait. For A, it was a little better , but in Classics it was near impossible without just choosing "shortest line". Had much more fun playing the non-tournament games, due to sucking in the other stuff.

#112 7 years ago

2 scorekeepers at a time in classics 1 when i played. its too much to handle for 2 or even 3 people. herb style is different because score keepers only need to punch in your score if its higher. with papa format, they have to do it every time. Then, if there is a machine error, lagging data entry system, or any issue, they have to deal with that, press the button for trouble lite and other distractions they have pulling them from score keeping. As i stated, they all do a fantastic job, its not pointing any fingers at them and we all appreciate all of them and all PAPA staff, it's simply that there needs be more help, they cant do it all. Perhaps let more people qualify so everyone isn't playing so much to try to make top 24 (over 170 players and only 24 qualify). Adding 2 or more machines to the bank would also help. Same when there are lines 20 + people deep at the front counter with customers needing different things. A dedicated area or line just for entries would be great. Maybe could sell entries at each division's location itself such as a runner at a sports game or concert event that takes order for food and drinks? Could have a POS station (or simply an ipad) set up at each division or let players buy more than 2 entrees at a time at the front?. Papa patrons have grown largely over the years, not only the tourney players, but people who just show up to play the other games. Who knows, maybe im thinking to big, just thoughts. it was crazy packed this papa from the second the doors opened Thursday.
some numbers from papa 18 (2015) to papa 19 (2016):

Papa 18:
A- 92 players
B- 85"
C- 122"
D- 72 "
classics 1- 135 "
classics 2- 165 "
classics 3- 180 "

Papa 19:
A- 120 players
B- 94"
C- 159"
D- 73"
Classics 1- 177"
Classics 2- 179"
Classics 3- 191"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, TX
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 79.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Mary, FL
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 16.00
Playfield - Other
Slap Save Creations
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Displays
Retro Electro Designs
Displays
$ 18.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silver_spinner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-19-world-pinball-championships?tu=silver_spinner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.