View topic image gallery

Pinball_Magazine_Robert_Gagno_special_(cover)_(resized).png
Flu_map_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160408_123415429_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
PAPA_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

BTW, I hate it when I haven't had a chance to watch a weekend stream for a major event and check the forum Monday morning and there's a big "Contrats XYZ on winning ABC" thread. A less spoiled thread title would be nice

You have to enact an information embargo, just as you'd have to do with any other major competition. Regular sports = no TV, radio or spots/news sites. Pinball = no forums. Not realistic to expect everyone to keep mum on the results just because one or two people missed the livestream....

#50 8 years ago

But this isn't a case of assholes spoiling... it's just people talking about what happened. I disagree that people should censor thread titles and watch what they're saying just because a few people haven't seen the big event yet. It's up to the stragglers to embargo themselves.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You thinking those are 2 diff'rent things is exactly the problem

The problem is you can't tell the difference. They are very different.

Someone walking around a bookstore with a "Snape killed Dumbledore" T-shirt the day of the book's release = asshole

People posting on a pinball site about who just won a public pinball championship = normal conversation.

Expecting "everyone else" to self-censor, watch what they post and keep things under wraps is extremely selfish, not to mention unworkable. I mean really, you expect thousands of people to avoid mentioning a winner in public? For how long? It's not like people will even know when you have gotten around to watching it. If you want to keep yourself from seeing the results, keep yourself away from any place that might have them until you can watch. Very simple, and puts the onus on you (the laggard), where it belongs.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Talking about it is one thing, naming the thread after the winner is another. "PAPA 19 discussion" instead of "John Doe Wins PAPA 19". I can avoid info in one situation. In the other I might as well not bother watching the 10 hour video.

If you DVR'd a football game, would you surf ESPN before watching it? Of course not. Take the same care with pinball matches...

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

See that's fucking selfish...people can't control themselves for 2 seconds and start a thread, then mention something inside it.

I can't disagree more. What's "fucking selfish" is expecting thousands of people to self-censor themselves just because you can't be arsed to avoid pinball sites til you can watch the stream. See example to desertt1.. you'd never surf sports sites if you had a big game DVRd, so why expect anything different in pinball land? Solution is very simple - don't get on pinside til you watch the stream. Stop blaming everyone else.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 45.95
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.95
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-19-world-pinball-championships?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.