View topic image gallery

Pinball_Magazine_Robert_Gagno_special_(cover)_(resized).png
Flu_map_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160408_123415429_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
PAPA_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ezeltmann.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 8 years ago

World pinball championships and "SUPER AWESOME EXCLUSIVE PINBALL AND VIDEO ARCADE THAT IS ALMOST NEVER OPEN"

Try that subject line next time.

1 week later
#107 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballcorpse:

Thanks for the updates, good job to Danni, and most importantly, feel better soon!
I have never been to PAPA (but understand the format). However, given the volume of players, I don't have a feel for things like lines and gameplay times at the PAPA event other than what I see looking at entries online and pictures of people waiting.
With 115 players in A division, realistically, how many full entries could a person in A division possibly play? You said you played 5 or 6 entries (I assume the full 5 games on each?) I see the statistic for all *submitted* entries for each competitor, but I suspect there had to have been some voids. The neverdrains software for Herb events shows how many total games were played and voided. Seems like some of the top qualifiers like Keith and Bowen only play 1 or 2 entries and it holds all weekend (incredible!), whereas some are constantly moving up and down.
I guess I am questioning could someone actually play 60 entries? I can't even understand how one divides their time up between all the events-3 classics and the main? For a player like Bowen to be in the top spots in all 4 events is truly amazing.
I'll have to go eventually just to say I did it

PAPA 19 Will go down as the most crowded PAPA ever (until next year). Long lines for A and Classics were the norm, even first thing in the morning (Classics). Having the circuit the day before helped bring everyone into town.

Personally , i like to be able to play my entry one game after another, without too much wait. For A, it was a little better , but in Classics it was near impossible without just choosing "shortest line". Had much more fun playing the non-tournament games, due to sucking in the other stuff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sterling, VA
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monrovia, MD
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ezeltmann.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-19-world-pinball-championships?tu=ezeltmann and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.