View topic image gallery

Pinball_Magazine_Robert_Gagno_special_(cover)_(resized).png
Flu_map_(resized).JPG
IMG_20160408_123415429_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
PAPA_(resized).jpg
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

The PAPA 19 World Pinball Championships are less than one month away.

Today we revealed the game list:

All games listed below are subject to change.

Division A

Bram Stoker’s Dracula
Tommy
Whirlwind
Indiana Jones (Williams)
Dirty Harry
Game Of Thrones
Eight Ball Deluxe
Cirqus Voltaire
Avengers
Party Zone

Division B

Robocop
Attack From Mars
X-men
Corvette
Genesis
Terminator 3
Simpsons Pinball Party
Bram Stoker’s Dracula
Flash Gordon
Demolition Man

Division C

Iron Man
Phantom of Opera
Mousin’ Around
Indianapolis 500
Rollergames
Twilight Zone
No Fear
Full Throttle
Time Fantasy

Division D, Split Flipper, Juniors, Seniors, Womens

Target Alpha
Al’s Garage Band
Derby Day
Taxi
Car Hop
Shadow
Skateball

#2 8 years ago

Nice picks for the lineups. Excited for PAPA this year!

#3 8 years ago

Very excited for B and Seniors. Woot!

Just noticed BSD in both A and B banks. Nice.

#4 8 years ago

really wish this was not on the same weekend as MGC. I was hoping to make it back for PAPA this year.

Fingers crossed it wont conflict in future years. Have fun and good luck to all those attending.

#5 8 years ago

I see Avengers finally made it into A division. They used it at LAX a couple weeks ago too. Great to see the new code fixed the scoring dominance!

#6 8 years ago

Looking forward to watching the strategy the A players have with the new Avengers code.

#7 8 years ago

I think I'm going for the first time. Probably go into division c. Iron man, tz and nf!

#8 8 years ago

papa and pinburgh trump everything. doesnt matter if they fall on other dates. pinburgh is the best all out show and tourney and papa is the other best tourney. both with the highest payouts of any tourney.
any "show" or tourney should schedule around those 2 events.

1 week later
#9 8 years ago

The return of "Attack from the Back" mini tourney. Oh BABY!!

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

The return of "Attack from the Back" mini tourney. Oh BABY!!

Definitely sounds interesting from how they described it

#11 8 years ago

My lady and I are thinking of making a drive from Philly to PAPA 19 to check it out and wanted to know what it's like to attend as a spectator. I assume we can get into HQ to watch the tourny, but are there things to do inside such as play some games on free play, visit a vendor marketplace, etc.? Or is that exclusively done at ReplayFX in July and the April sessions are strictly tourny play and that's it.

If anyone can provide some insight that would be great.

Thanks!

#12 8 years ago

There is no admission fee you can come and go as you please.

All games are on token drop. There will be 400+ pins available for play.

No vendors at PAPA, as we don't really have the space inside the building because it is jammed with pins and vids!

Oh yeah, and there are tournaments for all skill levels of folks.

PAPA_(resized).jpgPAPA_(resized).jpg

#13 8 years ago

Are classics by day announced?

#14 8 years ago

Classics I has been:

Scuba
Poker Plus
Sharpeshooter
Super Orbit
Hulk
Hocus Pokus
Fast Draw
KISS
Quicksilver
Medusa
Seawitch

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from ninjadoug:

There is no admission fee you can come and go as you please.
All games are on token drop. There will be 400+ pins available for play.
No vendors at PAPA, as we don't really have the space inside the building because it is jammed with pins and vids!
Oh yeah, and there are tournaments for all skill levels of folks.

PAPA_(resized).jpg

Thank you for the clarification, Doug! Looks like we'll be heading to PAPA.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

My lady and I are thinking of making a drive from Philly to PAPA 19 to check it out and wanted to know what it's like to attend as a spectator. I assume we can get into HQ to watch the tourny, but are there things to do inside such as play some games on free play, visit a vendor marketplace, etc.? Or is that exclusively done at ReplayFX in July and the April sessions are strictly tourny play and that's it.
If anyone can provide some insight that would be great.
Thanks!

As a local (Grew up in Collegville) who's gone for 4 years as a spectator, it's a great time to play plenty of practice machines and meet a lot of great people and players. I'll be there.

1 week later
#17 8 years ago

Could this post be classified under Events? I couldn't find it at first and thought there wasn't a thread yet for PAPA.

Looking forward to hitting the games! Look out B Division...

#18 8 years ago

World pinball championships and "SUPER AWESOME EXCLUSIVE PINBALL AND VIDEO ARCADE THAT IS ALMOST NEVER OPEN"

Try that subject line next time.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

World pinball championships and "SUPER AWESOME EXCLUSIVE PINBALL AND VIDEO ARCADE THAT IS ALMOST NEVER OPEN"
Try that subject line next time.

My lady and I are leaving Thursday for a little road trip to visit PAPA Thursday/Friday. I'd love to see some of the comps going down and obviously play a bunch of games myself. I hope this can be done.

I checked the PAPA site and it looks like they're open from 9am - 12am midnight Thursday and Friday. http://papa.org/competitions/papa-world-championships/papa-19-world-championships/

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Could this post be classified under Events?

Good point. Done.

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from davebart5:

I checked the PAPA site and it looks like they're open from 9am - 12am midnight Thursday and Friday. http://papa.org/competitions/papa-world-championships/papa-19-world-championships/

They are also open Wed from 9am-10pm for the circuit final if anyone is getting in town early.

#22 8 years ago

Depending on travel time might just head out to the Papa facility for some practice.

#23 8 years ago

is the PAPA Circuit Final going to be streamed at all?

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from MagicMako:

is the PAPA Circuit Final going to be streamed at all?

The plans are to stream the ladder portion of the circuit final.

#25 8 years ago

Anyone know if the brackets will be online?

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from ninjadoug:

The plans are to stream the ladder portion of the circuit final.

Can you post a link to where it will be streamed? I'm assuming the stream will be archived as well?

Best of luck to everyone that gets to attend and play!

#27 8 years ago

Are live standings of the first two rounds posted anywhere?

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Anyone know if the brackets will be online?

Circuit finals is what I was asking about...

Stream has gotta be https://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball

#29 8 years ago

Update: Bracket is up!

Edit: forgot the link - http://www.papa.org/live/playerIndex.php?bracketId=101

#30 8 years ago

If you weren't nerdy enough to sit around and watch the circuit final today - you should at least hit this video and jump to about 3:37:39 and watch Elwin blow GOT's mind on Hand of the King.

https://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball/v/59008075

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

If you weren't nerdy enough to sit around and watch the circuit final today - you should at least hit this video and jump to about 3:37:39 and watch Elwin blow GOT's mind on Hand of the King.

that was rad! we were watching at the bar.

#32 8 years ago

Holy heck that video start was the worst 4 games of CV I've ever witnessed LOL.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

That was sick. He had to have known about that scoring bug, right?? (not that he needed it)

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

That was sick. He had to have known about that scoring bug, right?? (not that he needed it)

Yeah, he explained it on the microphone earlier in the broadcast.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Yeah, he explained it on the microphone earlier in the broadcast.

Yup, he was commentating during the ladder phase before he joined the ladder (as a higher seed), and gave the whole world -- or at least those watching -- the insight on how it worked. And ended up being a prelude to exactly what he was going to do.

His obliteration of HOTK was the Red Wedding of pinball.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

His obliteration of HOTK was the Red Wedding of pinball.

Well played.

#37 8 years ago

Hm. Guess I need to watch this too.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I'm surprised the commentators hadn't ever seen that before. I did that back to back in the semi finals and finals at state on GOT for 10.3 and 10.8 billion. In super league play one of the guys here hit a HOTK hurry up jackpot for 9.4 billion alone, which was absolutely disgusting. Keith played it perfectly letting the ball drain on ball 1 to make sure he had his add a ball for HOTK to help ensure he could max out those shots. I'm sure they will do something about that scoring. I've gone through Iron Throne completely and only got 3.6 billion for the beating the wizard mode, but you can hit single shots in HOTK that are worth that much or more which is kind of odd.

#39 8 years ago

Is PAPA streaming today? If so, what time does it start? Would really like a distraction at work

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

Is PAPA streaming today? If so, what time does it start? Would really like a distraction at work

Have they streamed qualifying any other year? I can't remember.

#41 8 years ago

During yesterday's broadcast they only mentioned streaming the finals on Sunday, no mention of qualifying.

They have streamed qualifying in years past but it's kinda random.

#42 8 years ago

Seems odd that with all of that equipment, they couldn't just stream. I know it's probably all hands on deck to actually make qualifying run smooth, but it would nice to just be able to watch a machine or two being played throughout the day.

#43 8 years ago

Last year they streamed Saturday evening late when qualifying was wrapping up.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Last year they streamed Saturday evening late when qualifying was wrapping up.

Correct. In years' past, the final hour or so of qualifying Saturday night has been streaming.

#45 8 years ago

Standings now showing Dave Stewart had a 14 billion GOT game? Is it me, or does this scoring issue/bug/whatever sound as bad as that one on WOZ that everyone tried to hide, or the Prime Directive 3 exploit from Stern Star Trek?

#46 8 years ago

Thanks to pointing to the spot in the video where a really interesting event happened, but without ruining the ending. I watched the whole thing because it was pinball, but that event was just crazy.

BTW, I hate it when I haven't had a chance to watch a weekend stream for a major event and check the forum Monday morning and there's a big "Contrats XYZ on winning ABC" thread. A less spoiled thread title would be nice.

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

BTW, I hate it when I haven't had a chance to watch a weekend stream for a major event and check the forum Monday morning and there's a big "Contrats XYZ on winning ABC" thread. A less spoiled thread title would be nice

You have to enact an information embargo, just as you'd have to do with any other major competition. Regular sports = no TV, radio or spots/news sites. Pinball = no forums. Not realistic to expect everyone to keep mum on the results just because one or two people missed the livestream....

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

You have to enact an information embargo, just as you'd have to do with any other major competition.....

just like anything anything these days. Tv Show, Sports, Music, kids playing in the park...if it can be spoiled some assholes love it.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Thanks to pointing to the spot in the video where a really interesting event happened, but without ruining the ending. I watched the whole thing because it was pinball, but that event was just crazy.
BTW, I hate it when I haven't had a chance to watch a weekend stream for a major event and check the forum Monday morning and there's a big "Contrats XYZ on winning ABC" thread. A less spoiled thread title would be nice.

I stay off Facebook because I know I'll see it posted there, but I tend to find Pinside to be safe (as long as I stay off competition related threads). The only time I had an issue was with the US National Championships.

#50 8 years ago

But this isn't a case of assholes spoiling... it's just people talking about what happened. I disagree that people should censor thread titles and watch what they're saying just because a few people haven't seen the big event yet. It's up to the stragglers to embargo themselves.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 109.00
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-19-world-pinball-championships?hl=chrispoint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.