(Topic ID: 100579)

PAPA 17 >> what a blast

By Whysnow

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0734a49.jpg
    Quadruple.png
    image.jpg
    papa.jpg
    IMG_4289.JPG
    IMG_4272.JPG
    image-372.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

worth mention that active period events are tallied off of each individual event. A small bar monthly counts as 1 event similar to a larger show competition. I play in tons of monthly and league events but they dont provide much experience on the bigger stage.

Word on that. It's a whole different beast when you see 50+ people that you're directly in competition with versus the same 5 friends. Probably the number one reason I did extremely badly at TPF 2013 and gave up before I really gave myself a fair chance.... I was nervous as CRAP with all of those people.. couldn't focus at all and just TILT TILT TILT TILT as I got more frustrated with myself.

#258 9 years ago

Man, I just want one tournament where I have a showing that I beat Bowen at something. Though at this point, I'm more shooting for "playing in the same room as Bowen" since I haven't ever made it out of state to play in anything like PAPA as of yet. Then again, if these guys show up, I'm probably not getting my TPF plaques, so feel free to stay home..

I'm not going to mention names, but I had two victories at TPF this year that were very sweet... and short lived.

#337 9 years ago

I have to choose between PAPA and TPF....I'm gonna go to TPF. I start getting a third week of vaction next year, but I can't allot it until october. I have two applications out for MUCH better paying jobs, so travel might be more of an option. Pinburgh/REPLAY, maybe? : |

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-17-what-a-blast?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.