(Topic ID: 100579)

PAPA 17 >> what a blast

By Whysnow

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0734a49.jpg
    Quadruple.png
    image.jpg
    papa.jpg
    IMG_4289.JPG
    IMG_4272.JPG
    image-372.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 9 years ago

I'd like to know what was up with that TAF in Division C. That "thing" kicked my ass twice, and I bailed on it for my third ticket. I almost always get multiball on that game, but on one game I actually scored just over 3 million...and 2 million of that was a skill shot. I heard a lot of people were having trouble with that machine. Not all, obviously, but a lot.

I was actually thinking about someone from PAPA saying in this forum that they expected anyone competing in Division C to be able to tour the mansion twice. That simply HAD to be tongue in cheek...

...right?

#134 9 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

I don't think 'penultimate' means what you think it means.

I always thought it meant the best writing utensil. No? Anyone? A little help here...

#178 9 years ago

I competed for the first time at PAPA 17. At the end of Day 1, I finished 16th, but had to go home on Friday. I went just to feel it out and to see if I actually could compete in Division C. I know where my skills rank in my house, but wanted a real world test. From home, I watched my rank slip down into the 40s by midnight on Saturday, and it told me with all the people beneath me and only one day of qualifying, I can definitely compete for real given the three full days to qualify. I'll definitely be back, if not next year, then the year after that.

My point is, I didn't come away wishing there was a Division D at any point. I figured if I couldn't compete, I'd just have to practice more. How many divisions do you want? After three, I think it gets a bit ridiculous.

#269 9 years ago

I just want to say as a fan, I felt a thrill being in the same room as Lyman, Cayle, Keith, Keith, and you, Bowen (as well as others). Wanted to say hi, but didn't because at the time you were piiiiiiiiiissed! Thanks for the great post - someday I hope to play as well as you guys. But first I've got to figure out the whole keep-two-balls-on-one-flipper-while-you-shoot-jackpots-with-the-other-during-multiball thing...

#270 9 years ago

One other thing: Where'd you get the "I've got an extra ball" shirt? My wife wanted to get me one for Christmas, but we can't find it. She thinks it's funny because we both know I have no balls whatsoever.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-17-what-a-blast?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.