(Topic ID: 100579)

PAPA 17 >> what a blast

By Whysnow

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0734a49.jpg
    Quadruple.png
    image.jpg
    papa.jpg
    IMG_4289.JPG
    IMG_4272.JPG
    image-372.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Excalabur.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#132 9 years ago
    Quoted from Newsom:

PAPA already bends over backwards to provide the intermediate and strong casual players a very serious, hugely competitive tournament in an awesome facility. C players are treated as well as the best players in the world.
    They play at the same venue with the same rules using the same format...

I would expect the world championship of a game or sport to be run much more like the "other" world championship. -IFPA. Where only the highest ranking players are invited.
    (The IFPA tournament does look sweet, I will have to go to it one year when I get serious about pin again).

Fundamentally, the question is:
    Why only bend over backwards for strong players? Many players are 'serious' without being good, or at least good on the standard of PAPA.

I'm not commenting on the various policy proposals. This is strictly a philosophy question.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Excalabur.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-17-what-a-blast?tu=Excalabur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.