Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 198 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by aobrien5
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

rebound-rubber.jpg
    There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #3 9 years ago

This is cool.

#4 9 years ago

12 pins for Classics I ? I was thinking theyre was less than that last year.

#5 9 years ago

Dirty Harry is in the line up! I suck at this game (and I own it), will be fun to watch skill players kick ass on it!

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChadNC:

There were 12 games in classics last year as well.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from ChadNC:

There were 12 games in classics last year as well.

#8 9 years ago

Looking fwd to seeing the other line-ups.

#9 9 years ago

Hating the seniors lineup!

#10 9 years ago

Looks like they're posting a Division each day. C Div is up now. B Div slated to be announced tomorrow.

#11 9 years ago

Division C:
    Jackbot
    Johnny Mnemonic
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Future Spa
    Batman Dark Knight
    Corvette
    Addams Family
    Wheel of Fortune
    Attack from Mars
    F14 Tomcat

I am debating on C or B - this makes me lean to C, pending B list obviously. Great lineup.

#12 9 years ago

Awesome. Only 3 games I need to brush up on for C Division.

#13 9 years ago

I put in C when I did my registration whenever that opened up, and after seeing the game list I'm certainly happy with that decision.

#14 9 years ago

Yuck on TAF. I can hit the bear ramp a ton of times in a row and I suck compared to these guys. IS there any strategy on TAF or code that makes right flipper to ramp impossible?

Other games are a nice mix

#15 9 years ago

I've played plenty of AF with really difficult right-flipper-to-ramp shots. Probably some combo of weak flippers and steep pitch. Who knows how the PAPA game will be set up.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

I've played plenty of AF with really difficult right-flipper-to-ramp shots. Probably some combo of weak flippers and steep pitch. Who knows how the PAPA game will be set up.

Just set it up. Right flipper to right ramp isn't possible on the fly. It is possible from a cradle, but it's a tight shot. I would expect as the game gets hotter toward the middle or end of the day, that shot will no longer be possible.

Chair is protected with two yellow posts.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

I just checked again and this isn't true. It's two black posts. The yellows are on the other one I played earlier. The game plays clean and fast but is available for nice scores if you can do it. I would expect someone in C to tour twice during qualifying.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

I just checked again and this isn't true. It's two black posts. The yellows are on the other one I played earlier. The game plays clean and fast but is available for nice scores if you can do it. I would expect someone in C to tour twice during qualifying.

Do the black posts still block shots from the right flipper as badly as the yellow ones in Bowen's tutorial video do, or is a right flipper shot to the chair still very possible on this one?

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

Just set it up. Right flipper to right ramp isn't possible on the fly. It is possible from a cradle, but it's a tight shot. I would expect as the game gets hotter toward the middle or end of the day, that shot will no longer be possible.

Ironically the yellow posts make it easier from a backhand. Just put a Cliffy on it

#20 9 years ago

Dumb question, but why does the machine heating up make the shot more difficult?

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Dumb question, but why does the machine heating up make the shot more difficult?

Flippers get weaker as they get hot.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Do the black posts still block shots from the right flipper as badly as the yellow ones in Bowen's tutorial video do, or is a right flipper shot to the chair still very possible on this one?

That's kind of hard to answer. If you hit the shot, you'll make it. The black posts are standard black posts as found on most addams I've seen.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from sk8ball:

Ironically the yellow posts make it easier from a backhand. Just put a Cliffy on it

Shouldn't you be reading up on your Surf n Safari rules instead of posting here?

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

That's kind of hard to answer. If you hit the shot, you'll make it. The black posts are standard black posts as found on most addams I've seen.

Alright, thank you that answers my question.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

Shouldn't you be reading up on your Surf n Safari rules instead of posting here?

Don't need to. Only location game I play here

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

I would expect someone in C to tour twice during qualifying.

Greaaaaat.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from mhs:

I would expect someone in C to tour twice during qualifying.

canceling my plane tickets now.

It was fun to dream

#28 9 years ago

Me too. Although I may just show up anyway for the t-shirt. And humiliation.

#29 9 years ago

Who doesn't love a good humiliation every now and then?

If you are going to crap the bed, PAPA is the best place on earth to do it !

#30 9 years ago

B games look tough. Think I'm going with C.

Division B:
    Metallica
    Target Pool
    Scared Stiff
    NBA Fast Break
    Dr Dude
    AC/DC
    Centaur
    Ripley’s Believe it or Not
    Mustang,

#31 9 years ago

I'm happy with that B bank!

#32 9 years ago

I so wish B bank was flipped with C bank!

I am at best a C player but really like B games better.

#33 9 years ago

Don't forget there are division restrictions based on your IFPA rank as well.

#34 9 years ago

Right. I'm a noob and not a masochist, so it's Division C for me! Then again, maybe the fact the I'm showing up to be publicly slaughtered actually does make me a masochist.

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

... Then again, maybe the fact the I'm showing up to be publicly slaughtered actually does make me a masochist.

Quoted from beelzeboob:

... And humiliation.

They kinda go hand in hand.

And I'll be right there with ya.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from KoolFingers:

They kinda go hand in hand.
    And I'll be right there with ya.

Good to know. I'll need someone to hold my hand when I begin feeling verklempt.

#37 9 years ago

Loving the B bank! I will go ahead and predict a few of the A bank games! LOTR, Avatar, BSD, TSPP, FGY, S-M, MM. OK, I forgot Star Trek, WOF, FH, WW, WH2O.

Edited early Wednesday morning. Now how am I doing, Mark?

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Loving the B bank! I will go ahead and predict a few of the A bank games! LOTR, Avatar, BSD, TSPP, FGY, S-M, MM.

You got 1 correct.

#39 9 years ago

I'm thinking Tron in the A bank

#40 9 years ago

Division A:

Twilight Zone
    Star Trek
    Surf n Safari
    Mousin Around
    Spiderman
    Quicksilver
    Fish Tales
    High Speed
    World Cup Soccer
    Wizard of Oz

OK, so I only predicted 2 games. You guys are doing a good job of keeping us guessing. And I am SO glad this is not the B bank!

#41 9 years ago

Surf n Safari!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Good to know. I'll need someone to hold my hand when I begin feeling verklempt.

lol No problem. And I should have the cure for those feelings in the car, which I visited often last year.

#43 9 years ago

Thats gonna be so awesome to watch, I know a lot of people have been waiting to see the best in the world play WOZ, awesome job Mark.

#44 9 years ago

Love the A lineup! Wondering what changes will be made to Oz. Center post will be pulled for sure, but what else?

#45 9 years ago

Does anyone know which C bank games will/will not be found in duplicate in the practice games?

There are many I am not familiar with and those also are not found on location in my areas from searching so far.

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Does anyone know which C bank games will/will not be found in duplicate in the practice games?

Purely going from memory so I cant be 100% but i think there are multiples of these games

Jackbot
    Corvette
    Addams Family
    Attack from Mars
    f14 tomcat

and only 1 of these, but again Im not positive

Johnny Mnemonic (there may be another of these)
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Future Spa
    Batman Dark Knight
    Wheel of Fortune

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

There are many I am not familiar with and those also are not found on location in my areas from searching so far.

If I had to guess these would be the ones with dupes in the practice area from "C"

Pirates of the Caribbean
    Batman Dark Knight
    Addams Family
    Attack from Mars

#48 9 years ago

For POTC, don't forget that they're also using one in J/S Div. I don't recall if they had 3 -- that's definitely not a pin I'm playing on the floor at PAPA in my free time.

#49 9 years ago

thanks guys.

Kevin > can you confirm?

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

There's duplicates of

Jackbot
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Batman Dark Knight
    Corvette
    Addams Family
    Wheel of Fortune
    Attack from Mars

Any other questions about the games, let me know. I'll be checking semi-regularly for the next few days. Also, as always, the contact page from papa.org comes my way too.

Overall, the games are set pretty reasonably. It's a four-day tournament with plenty of qualifying time, so there's no point in making them luck boxes. Expect them to play fast with tight slings but also be available for big scores. Posts should be in virtually everything with a possible exception here or there in A bank.

There are 198 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-17-games-revealed-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.