Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 171 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by LEE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bkerins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Cynical and critical are very different things.
    Got to start somewhere. The only way to move up in wppr is to accrue points. As usual with these sorts of events the point accrual is favored towards the top players.
    Why not at least award some points to those playing in B or C? Why not lump everyone into the points...so the 1st in b comes just after the last in A?
    What is the logic? Serious questions

Please know that these are decisions being made independent of the PAPA organizers. Don't ask these questions to the people who run PAPA, ask these questions to the people who run IFPA. Their answer is that only tournaments or divisions where any player may compete are eligible for ranking points.

#109 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

So I have to play all 5 games consistently well in order to have a shot?
    The way I am understanding what you are saying >> if on entry 1 I do well on games 2 and 5. Then on entry 2 I do well on games 1, 3, and 4. I still have to pick either entry 1 or entry 2 as my one to be used for ranking?

The scoreboard will automatically display your best run at all times. In C bank, 3 good games out of 5 can sometimes be enough to qualify for finals. You don't need all 5 games to be good, a great game can counterbalance a mediocre one.

#110 10 years ago
    Quoted from bub2010:

I see a lot of people talking about classifications and qualifications and such, but just wondering... do many folks like myself just come out to play pins and not be in the tournament, but rather just come out to play?

Yes. Most people who come into PAPA HQ do not play in the tournament, they just play a ton of great pins around the facility. I'd say that most people who come from out of town end up playing an entry or two, even if they're not expecting much to come from it.

#129 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

???? !!!! ????

Shh! Don't tell him about the afterparty! You fool!

#159 10 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Bowen just confirmed there is special tournament software on Metallica.

Um... okay? Must have been some other Bowen. The only apparent change for tournament is that every switch induces "valid playfield", a smart choice for competition.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bkerins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/papa-16-are-you-going?tu=bkerins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.