6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 171 posts
  • 63 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by LEE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 6 years ago

Having a good time but wish there was a D class.

Collection is amazing!!! Met some great new people today. Got to hear some cool stuff about hobbit and jjp game 3.

#152 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Having a good time but wish there was a D class.
    Collection is amazing!!! Met some great new people today. Got to hear some cool stuff about hobbit and jjp game 3.

Haha. Just don't get too caught up. I remember running into a guy last year and he was just miserable. Had been there since Thursday trying to qualify, pretty much spending ALL of his time competing. I took the opposite approach and had a blast.

#153 6 years ago

I got there around 6 last night with the intention of putting up an early B ticket. It was around 11:30 by the time I actually started my ticket because I kept getting derailed by good times. Just go with the flow!

Brian

#154 6 years ago

Can anyone confirm if new software is on the TRON or METALLICA machines?
    If so, what new things did you see?

#155 6 years ago

New code on acdc in c division. I am not good enough to tell you what has changed, but i can confirm that hyman put the code in himself on thursday moorn.

#156 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

New code on acdc in c division. I am not good enough to tell you what has changed, but i can confirm that hyman put the code in himself on thursday moorn.

#157 6 years ago

Bowen just confirmed there is special tournament software on Metallica.

#158 6 years ago

I'll be score keeping in "C" or Juniors/Seniors on Saturday Noon till 4pm if anyone wishes to say HI and meet up. Just look for the tall guy w/short grey hair & glasses wearing a PAPA STAFF shirt holding a tablet.

Happy to put some names here with faces. After my score keeping session perhaps we can play a few pins.

#159 6 years ago
    Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Bowen just confirmed there is special tournament software on Metallica.

Um... okay? Must have been some other Bowen. The only apparent change for tournament is that every switch induces "valid playfield", a smart choice for competition.

#160 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Got to hear some cool stuff about hobbit and jjp game 3.

OK, if no one else is going to ask, I'll do it - what did you hear?

#161 6 years ago

Any updates on those Classics?

#162 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

this is one vowel away from being hilarious.

#163 6 years ago

Maybe I and the guys I was playing with are just that terrible, but I think there needs to be a TRUE amateur division. WAY too many seemingly semi-pros in C. If you can play a 15-20 minute game you don't belong in C. Sour grapes, maybe, and I don't expect to qualify by a long shot but the C division is crowded with far too many skilled players. Had a blast with my few entries as always nonetheless.

#164 6 years ago

Blip, I highly recommend Pinburgh! At this point you really have to be locked in and motivated to qualify for PAPA in any division. It's the best of the best.
    I don't want to endure the disappointment - it'd take me a few entries and some luck to qualify, so I'm just going for fun Sunday.

#165 6 years ago

I made it to the "B" finals today, root me on to victory.

Didn't meet any new pinsider's during the event as of yet. Hope that changes today. Will have an Orange Pittsburgh Pinball League shirt on while playing for the money today.

As for the 2 pittsburgh events I do have to say Pinburgh is created more equal for the amateur players in mind. During pinburgh you get to play people more of your ability throughout the event as the rounds go on. I've told people that qualifying in PAPA B is indeed a tad easier than in C for the reasons Shimmydisk & Blipsqueek stated above plus the fact you are playing against 200 in C versus about 100 in B.

#166 6 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

I made it to the "B" finals today, root me on to victory.

Would love to if your name was on Pinside Good luck.

#167 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Well actually, I installed it

But, Lyman brought it to us Thursday morning along with the new Metallica code which was on both Metallica Pros at PAPA HQ.

#168 6 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Can anyone confirm if new software is on the TRON or METALLICA machines?
    If so, what new things did you see?

No new software on Tron.

#169 6 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Well actually, I installed it
    But, Lyman brought it to us Thursday morning along with the new Metallica code which was on both Metallica Pros at PAPA HQ.

Didn't get to make it this year but from everything I read you guys did a hell of a job Doug! Congrats on another successful event! Hope to make it out next year!

#170 6 years ago

It was my first trip out and my first pingasm if there is such a term. LOL Seeing pictures just does not do it justice. I've only been into pinball for about 1.5 years and have owned 3 pins. Going there really lets you feel out machines to know what might be a potential buyer machine. Typically it seems that I tend to like less popular titles. Not quite sure why. Coming away from the show I learned that IMO I liked the Stern Indiana Jones, Transformers, Austin Powers and the Starwars with the big gun on the left side of the game. I found that I didn't particularly care for the Pinball 2k Starwars, Williams Indiana Jones, The Avengers, and Medieval Madness. I have mixed feelings on a few games like Metallica, ACDC, and Simpson's Pinball Party and Tron. Obviously when you are playing a lot of games which table you have a good or bad game on with limited play can skew your view of a machine. If anyone gave me any of those I'd like it, but when plunking down several thousand that is different. I'd say overall for the price that MM costs there is no chance I'd ever own it...it just didn't do it for me. I actually like LOTR much better. It is true that ratings do only go so far and each person has their own style that does it for them. I own a JM and an Avatar pro and like Avatar more which is ranked far lower than JM.

#171 6 years ago
    Quoted from bub2010:

Coming away from the show I learned that IMO I liked the ..................... and the Starwars with the big gun on the left side of the game.

Sega Star Wars Trilogy (SWT) is a cool game. Used to be mine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 119.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 9.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Bent Mods
    $ 42.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 159.00
    $ 275.00
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Mods
    $ 299.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 689.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 7.00
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    $ 249.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    There are 171 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside