P1010110.JPG
P1010109.JPG
before.JPG
DSCF2661.JPG
DSCF2644.JPG
DSCF2642.JPG
DSCF2631.JPG
#1 14 years ago

Just to share the labour I had during Christmas holidays.
Started from black cabinet.. I have never found a replacement one...
Sanded manually, and at this moment.

Is Michel Angelo pinsider ?

Some news at the end (..in some weeks!)

DSCF2631.JPGDSCF2631.JPG DSCF2642.JPGDSCF2642.JPG DSCF2644.JPGDSCF2644.JPG DSCF2661.JPGDSCF2661.JPG

#2 14 years ago

I wish I would have posted this earlier for those that have painted cabinets. I bought this machine last Thursday for $25. It was in bookkeeping mode and the cabinet was painted.

3 min to get machine going.
$6 for external battery holder and plugs.
3hrs cleaning pcbs and re soldering all connections on boards.
$6 can of goof off. Bought @ lowes etc. not to be confused w/goo gone
Machine works flawless only thing it needs is two glass score displays.

one side took 48 min from start to finish.

Not too shabby for $37 and less than 10 hours of my time.
Before:
[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/muscle_cars_only/House/Arcades%20in%20progress/P1010111.jpg[/IMG]

After:
[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/muscle_cars_only/House/Arcades%20in%20progress/P1010112.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/muscle_cars_only/House/Arcades%20in%20progress/P1010114.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/muscle_cars_only/House/Arcades%20in%20progress/P1010115.jpg[/IMG]

#3 14 years ago

lb45 had problems attaching with this post and I see MCO also has some issues. I'll contact Robin and have him check if there is a problem on the server with attachments.

#4 14 years ago

I wish I would have posted this earlier for those that have painted cabinets. I bought this machine last Thursday for $25. It was in bookkeeping mode and the cabinet was painted.

3 min to get machine going.
$6 for external battery holder and plugs.
3hrs cleaning pcbs and re soldering all connections on boards.
$6 can of goof off. Bought @ lowes etc. not to be confused w/goo gone
Machine works flawless only thing it needs is two glass score displays.

Not too shabby for $37 and less than 10 hours of my time.

Paint removal Start to finish on one side = 48 minutes
Before:

before.JPGbefore.JPG P1010109.JPGP1010109.JPG P1010110.JPGP1010110.JPG P1010112.JPGP1010112.JPG P1010113.JPGP1010113.JPG P1010114.JPGP1010114.JPG

#5 14 years ago

Whouaaahhhhhhhh --> argh .
I ' m sure that i didn't destroy my pinball , because the left side was without picture under the final paint . Directly to the wood !
But what a magic product , your Goof of. I would had better to use it on the upper part and on the right side . (argh..).

I'm not sure about the translation , so i'm not sure about the product : --decapant--Is this stripper - remover ?
Thank's for this method.
A picture of your magic product (Better EAN Code (UPC-A)) to [email protected]
Thank's MCO

#6 14 years ago

lb45 my batteries need charged in my camera, I only had time for one shot. Hope this helps,If you need more close up pics let me know and I'll get you some more after it charges.

Goof Off

P1010116.JPGP1010116.JPG

#7 14 years ago

I could never understand why the 1st thing people do
when they get an old pin home is to paint it over?
do they really think solid black is an improvement over the factory look?
-Nuts

#8 14 years ago

Haven't you watched all the home renovation shows AF ???

It can't be old or 70's paneling or etc ... paint paint paint it

#9 14 years ago

The original Panthera paint looked like it was in pretty good shape. I could understand maybe painting over it if it were pink or risque' or something but that panther is pretty cool. Must not have matched the sofa.
At least now you can make your own stencil if you wish.

$25 for a pin that works. JACKPOT!

#10 14 years ago

The Flight 2000 APPEARED in my garage over two years ago, I still don't know who dropped the pin off. Strange part : Play field has absolutely not the first nick etc. , everything works - It's flawless!!!!!! Close to a museum piece.....

The bubble hockey was dropped off by a coworker - He found it sitting outside a dumpster with a note taped to it "WORKS" so he brought it to me. I'm waiting for the ice banks and new nets. I checked it over- all it needed was a fan on the scoreboard to be operational.

#11 14 years ago

FYI -BD I hate those renovation shows all they push is earth tones
brown and tan - ha ha ha
but you guys are finding some great deals!
every day I keep reading -and now I'm looking

#12 14 years ago

Wish I could come across some deals like that!Will keep looking. great job guys on your restorations!

1 month later
#13 14 years ago

Hi guys,
Happy to be back with you !
I was offline , due to holidays in "Auvergne" , the area I do love.

These 6 days were with far of snow, and i was able to change my Panthera in ..... blue.

I'm slightly disappointed because i couldn't finish this job, but i prefer to take time between the differents coats.

Thank's for your help.

Message for Lorenz : Je vais y arriver ...la brosse a dents pour les taches de blanc , la prochaine fois ; je manque de temps !

// Error: Image 643 not found // // Error: Image 644 not found // // Error: Image 645 not found //

#14 14 years ago

That comet is in amazing shape. I can't believe someone let that go for 30$ I sold one more beat up than that for $400

:]

#15 14 years ago

Hi maldoror .
Why are you thinking to a comet ? Perhaps to the two lines of railway ,but it was before !

No , I have started to make a panthera , i will finish in Panthera.
Hum, I'll try.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/panthera-michel-angelo-needed-4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.