4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Bos98
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball tournament (resized).jpg

#1 4 years ago

Hopefully this isn’t taken the wrong way but with so many people staying home and with so many of us having the same games, would anyone be interested in a Google Hangout based video streaming pinball league?

We could meet weekly via a Google Hangout or something and just play, and while I know not everyone’s machines play identically and the Purists won’t like this, I am thinking more about the social aspect than the competition side of things.

Just a thought while trying to work from home, teach my kids, try not to get sick or go crazy.

#2 4 years ago

The 518 Pinball facebook group does a local selfie league--since they've already established something like that, maybe you can copy that model. Or, maybe someone participating in that league can go over the guidelines & rules they established.

#3 4 years ago

Is there a league that uses web cams to watch play? Could we use Twitch?

#4 4 years ago

I am up for suggestions but I figure something is better than nothing!

I have no league experience and am not a great player but my guess is everyone is going to need some level of social interaction in the coming weeks+ and this seemed doable.

Google Hangouts is free supports multiple people and works on any device.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

Hopefully this isn’t taken the wrong way but with so many people staying home and with so many of us having the same games, would anyone be interested in a Google Hangout based video streaming pinball league?
    We could meet weekly via a Google Hangout or something and just play, and while I know not everyone’s machines play identically and the Purists won’t like this, I am thinking more about the social aspect than the competition side of things.
    Just a thought while trying to work from home, teach my kids, try not to get sick or go crazy.

I would be up for this . I recently played my first competitive tournament in Colorado Springs and it was so much fun. 28 players . Baseball strike out format on each machine . 7 strikes you are eliminated.
    1st = 0
    2nd = 1 Strike
    3rd = 2 Strikes
    4th = 3 strikes

Pinball tournament (resized).jpgPinball tournament (resized).jpg
    #6 4 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

I would be up for this . I recently played my first competitive tournament in Colorado Springs and it was so much fun. 28 players . Baseball strike out format on each machine . 7 strikes you are eliminated.
    1st = 0
    2nd = 1 Strike
    3rd = 2 Strikes
    4th = 3 strikes[quoted image]

How does that work exactly?

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bos98:

How does that work exactly?

You play 4 player games, and you play random games until you receive 7 strikes using your finishing rank to receive strikes, as shown above.
    Think there's diff'rent weightings to it if you use an app, like you can make players with similar strike total ply each other etc.

Amount of strikes is up to you. Trent had one that was 21 strikes last summer and a shit ton of people.

#8 4 years ago

While I would like this, I just don't see how you could make this work.

Even finding one machine owned by everyone who wants to play will be difficult, never mind how the machines are set up.

Maybe, if you went to one of the owner's club threads for a particular machine, you could set something up for owners of just that machine, but even that seems unlikely.

#9 4 years ago

Again, worrying about how the games are setup, beyond resetting to a default set of rules, is really not the point with what is going on. It's more about maintaining a live community and interacting with other pinball people beyond the keyboard on this forum.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pandemic-pinball-league-online-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.