(Topic ID: 329767)

Pandemic pet boom is over, is pinball next ?

By pookycade

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 37 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210912_112853 (resized).jpg
    IMG950036 (resized).jpg
    20220828_154311 (resized).jpg
    20220324_201037 (resized).jpg
    3CED9557-DD25-4B94-B7B8-F981C1E6BF39 (resized).jpeg
    8BB1BAE4-265E-48A1-9571-1B3C5C915F5A (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

Or maybe people just gave up on new pets so they could afford their new Stern or JJP. Me personally, I’d take Rover or Fluffy over a new pin any day. They at least try to love you back

8BB1BAE4-265E-48A1-9571-1B3C5C915F5A (resized).jpeg8BB1BAE4-265E-48A1-9571-1B3C5C915F5A (resized).jpeg

#3 1 year ago

Nothing worse than overpaying for a turd, especially one that produces lots of them.

#4 1 year ago

I almost bought a new Scotty for 3500

#5 1 year ago

Please always visit a shelter before you think you need a pinball machine or an expensive AKC pure breed.
    All my pets are rescues and there is nothing more rewarding than saving an animal from the shelter.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

All my pets are rescues and there is nothing more rewarding than saving an animal

#7 1 year ago

Sad part ... when did animals become dispensible.
    Humans just a terrible species, we should be ashamed of how we treat other species.

#8 1 year ago

Dogs, meh. I don't pick up poo for anything. Cats are way smarter - they shit in their own toilet and I just empty it into a bin every week.

And I agree completely with ^. Humans are a terrible species, the worst on Earth by far. But don't worry, Mother Nature will get rid of us soon enough.

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

But don't worry, Mother Nature will get rid of us soon enough.

This is exactly what is wrong with the younger generations today. I hate to burst your bubble but the world is not ending.. More pinball and less doomer.

#10 1 year ago

I love dogs so much. Will always have at least one in my life. No Staffordshire in the list , not popular over there?

And it all makes sense now slamtilt, you are a cat lover!

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from pookycade:

Or maybe people just gave up on new pets so they could afford their new Stern or JJP. Me personally, I’d take Rover or Fluffy over a new pin any day. They at least try to love you back
    [quoted image]

These are all those weird mixed breeds, so it seems like people realize buying these silly breed combos aren’t worth the outrageous price tag. Just get a regular dog.

I will also say, it seems hard to believe, but similar to the electric car market, there’s a lot of subsidies and money involved in pushing the “adopt, don’t shop” mentality. It’s not all true. If you take the time to look it up, you’ll find there are many shelters that are disgusting and inhumane, no better than the puppy-mills/unethical breeders the rescue dogs come from.

Reputable, ethical breeders are the reason we even have good dogs today. They play a huge role in health testing, ensuring that only healthy, strong dogs continue their breed linage, and that chronically ill, genetically unfit dogs don’t continue to reproduce and cause issues seen with backyard breeders and puppy mills. Without breeders, all you’d have is lots of dogs with severe congenital defects filling shelters. Some people can’t risk a shelter dog that may be dangerous to them or others.

Lotta money in the game for both sides.

#12 1 year ago

Real question is how much does a used, HUO, one owner dog go for?

Seriously though, rescued a dog, or she rescued us, either way, my pup is for family - not bragging rights. Best security system I've ever had too!

#13 1 year ago

The "designer" dogs that seem to be so popular these days, are just overpriced mutts.

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from electricsquirrel:

The "designer" dogs that seem to be so popular these days, are just overpriced mutts.

The issue is how they have been breed for shows and higher puppy fees.... this champion line... etc. the shows are also to blame. Look at the American German Shepard as an example. The clubs and breeders have ruined the dog.

#15 1 year ago

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

But don't worry, Mother Nature will get rid of us soon enough.

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I hate to burst your bubble but the world is not ending..

Well actually the world is ending...the only question is how soon. The absolute best case scenario is the earth is able to sustain human life until our sun supernovas. But way before that happens I believe the human race will have vanished off the face of the earth, or at least be unrecognizable as we know it today. If you haven't had your head stuck in the sand you might’ve noticed an increase in extreme weather events, regular setting of record temperatures across the globe, and an increased scarcity of natural resources which are being consumed at record rates. Of course this is assuming some little asshole dictator or fanatical religious group doesn’t unleash nuclear or biological warfare on all of mankind. Oh yeah, and eventually there will be an outbreak of a newer deadlier pandemic which will kill millions/billions of people. Okay, now back to our regularly scheduled program. Who’s a good boy?

#17 1 year ago

Human interaction with the environment has a real impact on nature. I took the photo below. Country on the left is one of the worlds worst combat zones and nothing but desert, country on the right is lush as far as the eye can see.

3CED9557-DD25-4B94-B7B8-F981C1E6BF39 (resized).jpeg3CED9557-DD25-4B94-B7B8-F981C1E6BF39 (resized).jpeg

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mundy53:

Human interaction with the environment has a real impact on nature. I took the photo below. Country on the left is one of the worlds worst combat zones and nothing but desert, country on the right is lush as far as the eye can see.
    [quoted image]

#19 1 year ago

Anyone here interested in pinball?
    I have a collection of several games and really enjoy it.
    Seems like more folks than ever are interested in pinball playing, fixing, and collecting.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Dogs, meh. I don't pick up poo for anything.

Then goes onto describe how he picks up poop.

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Dogs, meh. I don't pick up poo for anything. Cats are way smarter - they shit in their own toilet and I just empty it into a bin every week.

My little shelter Chiweenie goes out the doggie door and only poops under bushes and other places where I never walk, never right in the middle of the backyard, so I don't have to pick up or empty nothin'. I can't even FIND her poop. Free plant fertilizing, too.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from frenchmarky:

My little shelter Chiweenie goes out the doggie door and only poops under bushes and other places where I never walk, never right in the middle of the backyard, so I don't have to pick up or empty nothin'. I can't even FIND her poop. Free plant fertilizing, too.

Before we put up a fence, our dogs only pooped in the woods.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Before we put up a fence, our dogs only pooped in the woods.

Did they ever run into the pope?

#24 1 year ago

Whenever I’m driving down the freeway and someone passes me with one of those “who rescued who” bumper stickers I always imagine seeing them spin out and flip their car in front of me just to see if their dog will rescue them.
    I try to will the event into existence but it never works

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

"Cats are way smarter - they shit in their own toilet".

And then walk on the counter and table where you prepare and eat food.

#26 1 year ago

This thread needs to be rescued. Or euthanized.

#27 1 year ago

Levi!!!!!!!!

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Reputable, ethical breeders are the reason we even have good dogs today.

Purebred dogs are prone to lots of health problems -because- of the breeding. They are creating little cookie cutter Frankensteins with lots of unintended consequences.

Example: French Bulldogs can rarely give birth without human intervention. I think breeding out the ability to reproduce safely as rather... unhealthy. And not good.

I have no problem if someone wants to go to a breeder, but consider those breeds "man made" - there were no German Shepherds and Pugs in the wild.

#29 1 year ago

uh-oh, mention of the real world! Is that sirens I hear coming this way?

#30 1 year ago

Cats. Is this the reason why people put blankets on pins?

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

Cats. Is this the reason why people put blankets on pins?

I'm guessing dust and UV rays are the other two.

Dust doesn't bother me. Got plenty of Sprayway in a can.

#32 1 year ago

The way this thread is going seems that it’s only about Jackapoo, Cockapoo and Cavapoo.

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

The way this thread is going seems that it’s only about Jackapoo, Cockapoo and Cavapoo.

My girl's father breeds Cockapoos. This post is spot on. He used to have a waiting list a year and a half long. Pandemic pet boom is over. As a longtime lover of big dogs, I will admit that the little cockapoo has grown on me. Fun dogs to have around.

#34 1 year ago

Me and my rescue boy. He was terrified of water when we got him, now you can't get him out of it.
    And he likes going to breweries too. :

20210912_112853 (resized).jpg20210912_112853 (resized).jpg20220324_201037 (resized).jpg20220324_201037 (resized).jpg20220828_154311 (resized).jpg20220828_154311 (resized).jpgIMG950036 (resized).jpgIMG950036 (resized).jpg
    #35 1 year ago

To all of you having your cat and dog wars I’m jealous. I got to choose between having my allergic wife or a pet. 20 years later pretty sure I made the right choice. Though I have in place of it become an addict for Facebook dog and cat videos.

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from galore2112:

Ha. We have a shih-poo.

#37 1 year ago

This one’s too stupid for even me to weigh in on.

And I once took the bait on a beanie baby thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pandemic-pet-boom-is-over-is-pinball-next- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.