20200729_122644 (resized).jpg
20200729_121630 (resized).jpg
20200729_121624 - Copy (resized).jpg
5a35550fec09d123a8500cdc1ee9297f930d2492 (resized).png
20210602_185403 (resized).jpg
rm (resized).jpg
rm2 (resized).jpg
D5E62A17-06F8-4274-ABC2-3B91732C079A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gambit3113.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 2 years ago

I have shipped in and out more than 75 pins since 2005. The only damage I have ever experienced on a "legs on" shipment to me was a scratched and damaged leg that they paid for without hesitation. I have never received a report of a "legs on" delivery that was damaged. I have had several instances of damage on a pallet, all of which damaged the cabinet or side of the head and required (at a minimum) re-decal. Pallets require forklifts to move, and forklifts and forklift operators are the pure nemesis of pinball machines. NAVL/STI/Beltman use man power to move machines in and out of the trucks. R&L Carriers is the worst for poking holes in a box or stabbing a cabinet with a fork, in my experiences. But I have had issues with all of the carriers when they use forklifts.

Just my two cents.

#21 2 years ago

1) Very often they take them back to the hub to wrap up per the directions. Very often. I always demand that they at least blanket wrap the machine before it gets picked up, and then have them send me pictures of the machine wrapped properly with corner boards if and when they don't have them when they arrive. Almost always the machine is being picked up and put into an empty or near-empty truck, and they are strapped onto the siderail. So I don't worry about that first trip to the hub as much as the rest.

2) Is it relevant that they were black?

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

What if you put a pallet on top of a pallet and bolted them together? If the forks missed they wouldn't tear up your game, they'd just go into the second pallet right? Is this crazy talk?
Also very interesting to hear everyone's different anecdotes. I would assume shipping on legs is bad for all the reasons already listed but sounds like a lot of people go that route. At the end of the day it's just a bit of a dice roll when shipping anything.

It's not when they go to pick the machine up. The stabbings occur when they are jetting around the warehouse at 30MPH on those lifts. They get stabbed high.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It’s funny to me that some of you guys trust 2 people carrying your game on its legs more than 1 guy with a pallet jack.

I trust pallet jacks. It’s the fork lifts that get ya.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 7.50
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 18.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models

$ 25.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gambit3113.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pallet-or-legs-on?tu=gambit3113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.