20200729_122644 (resized).jpg
20200729_121630 (resized).jpg
20200729_121624 - Copy (resized).jpg
5a35550fec09d123a8500cdc1ee9297f930d2492 (resized).png
20210602_185403 (resized).jpg
rm (resized).jpg
rm2 (resized).jpg
D5E62A17-06F8-4274-ABC2-3B91732C079A (resized).jpeg

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 10 days ago

Then there's this, still no proof of it working but.....

5a35550fec09d123a8500cdc1ee9297f930d2492 (resized).png
#52 10 days ago

Guess there is no real consensus. I’ve done both ways successfully and luckily have never had an issue even when shipping a pin to the other side of the world. It takes me a few hours at least to wrap a game regardless of how i ship it. I also like the numerous warning signs but have written in huge letters with sharpie about fragile and no forklifts, and “truck from this side” if on a pallet etc.

This is the guys grail pin and I simply want to make sure it arrives unscathed on the other side of the country.

Thanks for all the input!

#53 8 days ago

The pics below were from FL to CA. As soon as I opened the door the freight driver shook his head and said "you gotta come see this" and I said ohh no, is it that bad, and he said "Yes".

Later had one shipped from OH to CA pallet / wrapped and there was no issue. Shipping on legs allows for the pin to be more vulnerable, not to say that a pallet / wrapped pin cannot sustain damage. However, some have told me that they ship all games on legs and this was the only the 2nd incident. At this point, I would never ship on legs nor would I buy a pin that would be shipped on legs...

20200729_121624 - Copy (resized).jpg20200729_121630 (resized).jpg20200729_122644 (resized).jpg
#54 8 days ago

Just a little novus and bend the legs you are right back in business !!

#55 8 days ago

I ship and receive a fair amount of games.
I always recommend shipping on legs.
If you think they wont pick up a pallet with fork lift just because there is a sticker that says dont, you are kidding yourself.
In last year or 2, I have noticed that trucks are being equipped with lift carts, so even better for legs on ship.

#56 8 days ago

Legs in with STI. The last few I bought came on a lift cart. They wheel it off the truck. Seems safer than on a pallet to me. I had one on a pallet years ago that got forked! My opinion might be skewed!!

#57 8 days ago

We can discuss this for eternity...to each there own.

#58 8 days ago

My buyer wanted it specifically, on a pallet , paid what I asked, no debate , so I did what he wanted.

#59 7 days ago

Used STI about 8 years ago to move my purchased IM from Chicago area to my workplace. I asked the seller to wrap the shit out of it before pickup with legs on. He did great job. Thank goodness. When STI delivered it was like during a tropical storm. Guy backs up to dock two guys get out open the rear door and here is my machine sitting on rear just below the rain soaked door. Glad seller put all the extra wrap on it. Major wet damage before my own eyes was about to happen. Water pours off door into rear of truck. I received pins from STI with very little wrap that they’ve done for protection.
No question you’re rolling the dice no matter how you ship them.

#60 7 days ago

I cant believe shipping with legs on is even a consideration. This is exactly what I would expect to happen.

Quoted from Energyspike:

The pics below were from FL to CA. As soon as I opened the door the freight driver shook his head and said "you gotta come see this" and I said ohh no, is it that bad, and he said "Yes".
Later had one shipped from OH to CA pallet / wrapped and there was no issue. Shipping on legs allows for the pin to be more vulnerable, not to say that a pallet / wrapped pin cannot sustain damage. However, some have told me that they ship all games on legs and this was the only the 2nd incident. At this point, I would never ship on legs nor would I buy a pin that would be shipped on legs...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#61 7 days ago

PALLET ! And plenty of stickers! Just like HEP ! Why all the stickers? Because insurance will cover any damage with the stickers on it! So if some moron does use a fork lift and damages your machine and the sticker CLEARLY says NO FORKLIFT. The insurance company will pay for the claim.

ALSO, something VERY IMPORTANT……Take pictures of the pallet and all the stickers before it is shipped and show this to the insurance company’s claim agent. This will speed up the process in receiving your claim for damages…

#62 6 days ago
Quoted from jj44114:

Stickers won’t save you. They will still use a forklift

He knows. We all know. Its because of this:

Quoted from loghome895:

PALLET ! And plenty of stickers! Just like HEP ! Why all the stickers? Because insurance will cover any damage with the stickers on it! So if some moron does use a fork lift and damages your machine and the sticker CLEARLY says NO FORKLIFT. The insurance company will pay for the claim.
ALSO, something VERY IMPORTANT……Take pictures of the pallet and all the stickers before it is shipped and show this to the insurance company’s claim agent. This will speed up the process in receiving your claim for damages…

#63 6 days ago

Did you guys know that shipments on pallets overseas must be a HT rated pallet, Heat Treated.

#64 6 days ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

Did you guys know that shipments on pallets overseas must be a HT rated pallet, Heat Treated.

I did, especially for Australia and New Zealand.
They dont want any strange bugs hitching a ride on pallets.

#65 6 days ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I did, especially for Australia and New Zealand.
They dont want any strange bugs hitching a ride on pallets.

Just an FYI for others. Don't do all that work with the wrong pallet, also an interesting fact about shipping internationally , you may have to give your SS # if you do not have EIN# , which i did not and I wasn't giving a 3rd party internationally shipping company my Social .
Buyer got a round it somehow....

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside