7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by paintpins
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

542922_R_Z001paint pads (resized).jpg
    IMG_4787 (resized).JPG
    #1 7 years ago

Hi Fellas

Have a Williams coin door that goes to my recently acquired shuffle alley. Would like to be able to paint the raised "Williams" silver and the balance if the door black. I seem to recall when I was into pedal cars that there was a product you could pour into a surface and it would hide whatever you did not wish painted by the second color. Any thoughts for how to accomplish this it is this requiring of enough skill it is best to have a sign painter do it?

Thanks for your input

G

IMG_4787 (resized).JPGIMG_4787 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Hi Guys,

Any thoughts?

Thank you

G

#3 7 years ago

You could use one of those painting pads. A small one, or one that will cover that script, in one pressing. Load up the pad with paint then press it against the raised logo. I would use a pad that is very stiff. The foam type may be to flexible and will not give consistent coverage.
    542922_R_Z001paint pads (resized).jpg542922_R_Z001paint pads (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

Search for liquid mask. Why not just hand-paint the silver after doing all black?

#5 7 years ago

Thank you guys. Grateful

#6 7 years ago

I agree with the paint pad idea. You can always try before you paint the black to see how it goes.

#7 7 years ago

Its raised lettering... Just spray entire thing black, and use a sanding block (piece of plywood) with 1000 grit sandpaper. Spray clear satin lacquer over whole thing.

#8 7 years ago

Hi J
    Really like your idea. Damn why didn't I think of that. Will give it a go and see how it comes out. Thank you

G

4 weeks later
    #9 7 years ago

If you're still figuring this out, send it over!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/painting-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.