Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jackd104
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C80B56E7-8184-4D56-ADE0-DF66E47EFD1F (resized).jpeg
    1704 (resized).jpg
    F27D20C8-91F4-4BA4-A1B4-B88B99B218C8 (resized).jpeg
    061BA9AA-4AE4-4057-9895-CC0C0AFE2838 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8224 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8225 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8223 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iamabearsfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

So my wife wants the house white. Yes, she actually wants to go through our whole house and change the nice wood trim to white. We then take one room and paint it. Killed me to go over that nice trim, but it is what it is.

Here is the issue, the paint is coming up after we painted the trim. Is there a prep step you guys know of so this doesn't happen? We painted the trim first, then taped it off and painted the walls (slightly different color). When we pulled up the tape, the paint on the base board came with it. It is like the paint didn't adhere well to the base board.

Any ideas/thoughts/wisdom on this would be appreciated. And yes, she wants to do the whole darn house! Sigh....but I get to keep all my pins!

Dave

IMG_8223 (resized).jpegIMG_8223 (resized).jpegIMG_8224 (resized).jpegIMG_8224 (resized).jpegIMG_8225 (resized).jpegIMG_8225 (resized).jpeg

#14 2 years ago

As always, the wealth of info on these boards is priceless. What is clear is that this is going to take a hell of a lot more work to do correctly than I am willing to do myself. Time to rethink this entire project and probably hire someone to do it right. Might have to sell a pin to help pay for this :/

Crazy IMO. I really like the wood look, but what the hell do I know.

#18 2 years ago
    Quoted from sudbeckrn:

Painting trim and cabinets…….total PIA!
    Been in the paint business my whole life whether working in a paint store or selling it to contractors
    People don’t realize how much work goes into changing stained/lacquered trim and cabinets to white and the cost involved…….not cheap, and to get it to look nice takes a while
    Good idea to hire someone to do it!
    Good luck on your project!

and when we get done with this whole project, white will be "yesterday's" color and real wood will be in!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iamabearsfan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/painting-house-trim-question?tu=iamabearsfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.