Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by edednedy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200210_182056AA (resized).jpg
20200212_165733 (resized).jpg
3CE2CBCC-25BB-4CD2-9542-18E7D2977C1D (resized).jpeg

#1 6 days ago

I am getting this Top Card ready to take to the Texas Pinball Festival to show/sell, and other than one really noticeable missing spot below the thousands unit (the white part), the glass is in pretty decent shape.

Not perfect, and there are some other small flaking spots and fading, but generally speaking it’s in good enough shape that your eye doesn’t really notice the other flaws.

I’m considering trying to touch up that white spot but don’t want to make it look worse. Anybody found something that’s relatively simple to do that looks decent on the white spot? I don’t want to ruin the glass, of course.

3CE2CBCC-25BB-4CD2-9542-18E7D2977C1D (resized).jpeg
#2 6 days ago

very difficult in lit areas... sending to a resource via pm

#3 6 days ago

Might be better off just letting it be. If you want to try to fix it, seal it first. That way if you don't like the repair you can wipe it off while the paint is still wet. They make transparent and translucent glass paint that light will shine through, but it can be very tricky to get right.

With some patience, you might be able to make it look better, but not perfect.

#4 6 days ago

Why risk it? Let the buyer work on it.

#5 6 days ago

I have had better results using colored photo studio gels. They come in every color you can imagine.
Seal the glass with Triple Thick and cut/tape the gel in place. There is also vinyl sheets of tracing material that is a translucent milky white that work good in white areas.

#6 6 days ago

Thanks, guys. I'm leaning towards leaving it alone.

#7 6 days ago

Get a piece of plexiglass the same size as your backglass and make the repairs to the plexiglass. Haven’t done it a while, but it works.

#8 5 days ago

I had a Fast Draw glass with a lot of bad spots including the score windows. I scraped off the old windows, triple thicked and masked off the numbers and used white spray paint after masking off the windows. Acceptable results but the above idea using gels sounds better, paint was not as smooth looking as the original. Good thing they made new Fast Draw glasses.

#9 4 days ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

Good thing they made new Fast Draw glasses.

Top Card is available too, though yours doesn't look bad enough to need it.
http://bgresto.com/?p=1097

#10 4 days ago

Sorry to the op but im after a solar ride or triple action back glass anyone making them or?.
Raff

#11 4 days ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Top Card is available too, though yours doesn't look bad enough to need it.
http://bgresto.com/?p=1097

Yeah I thought about going the BGResto route, but since I'm selling it I didn't want to add that much additional cost. I guess I could and then just add that to the sale price, but also don't think I'd get it back in time for Texas Pinball Festival at end of March, which is where I'm hoping to sell it.

#12 4 days ago

Backglass touch up takes a lot of practice and willingness to try new techniques, this is my most ambitious yet.

I'll post an after picture in a few more days, it is already substantially better. It was so bad you could see the display board for player four through the planet. I'm actually working on some miniature stencils for some areas, something I had not done before.

To answer the OP's question, that is a tough spot to touch up. Translucent areas always are. What I would do is fill the white area and then mask off the windows and do all the white area with a white spray to level it. Best to leave it alone if you don't have some practice.

20200212_165733 (resized).jpg20200210_182056AA (resized).jpg
#13 3 days ago

I couldn't imagine paying what? $250 or so (with shipping) to have that backglass repaired when it otherwise looks real nice.

If I was buying the machine I would much rather buy it the way it is, and pay $250 less for it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 132.00
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 124.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 27.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside