Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Blackbeard
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

791FE288-D7DC-40A6-ABA9-68D884A20DA8 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    BF6CD583-686E-4011-A247-E025560A072F (resized).jpeg
    75C43646-E56C-4AF0-A0EF-3D032897BCDC (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Williampinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago

Yes I restore many pins and I prime first then use all spray cans see if you can match your color first ,make sure with the primer when it drys too see if you have any marks u don't like and you can fix then and try again because when the real paint goes on u want it good for that

#22 4 years ago

I restore pins and I use old base spary cans A lot better doesn't mark easy and stronger in the long run

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

I think home depot does this, and Sherwin Williams. Need to call tonight. I'd rather spray can it, and take back the sprayer for a refund. Cheaper and easier for sure.

Yes for sure spary cans are way better nice even coat ,two or 3 times for the best coat

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Spray cans better than a dedicated gun? For ease? Sure .... For finish and application? No way....

No a real spary gun is the very best for spraying cars but I don't think he wants too do that ,spary cans for him would be great

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Should I sand with something like 400 grit paper in between coats of the paint the same way I do with the coats of primer?

Yes 400 or higher is better it will blend in better for sure ,then u can see as you go if u need too fix anything

#34 4 years ago

Great are u priming first a few coats ,sand between too see if there's anything too fix before painting

#36 4 years ago

Yes your right keep trying very small amounts as you can too test good viscosity less is better so u don't wast a lot of your paint as for sanding between coats your using water base paint ,I have always used oil base and I wait a day too sand so water base is faster drying time so I would guess 2 too 4 hours longer is always better anyways

#39 4 years ago

Yes when dry sand good too get the orange Peel out and try again ,there's no mixing with the sprayer you have ,I spary with oil base and car paints it's 3.1.1 so it's almost 1/2 not sure about water base all you can do is try a very small amounts too test or just keep try too add water too yours

#43 4 years ago

Looking good getting there looks like u got the mixing closer

#46 4 years ago

Yes wait until your done painting and dry time ,as Passave said ANY little flaw will show though ,hairs flaws in the paint ,lines every little think u wouldn't think it will ,try a off cut on something else too get the hang of it ,I always do the dry way but it's not that easy you only have one time too get it right if not it's too late

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Williampinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/painting-a-backbox-?tu=Williampinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.