• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by oldschoolbob
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Meteor Stern Electronics, 1979

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3452 (resized).JPG
IMG_3462 (resized).JPG
IMG_3458a (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Has anyone tried to refinish the ball trough area that I showed in this photo. It looks a little rough and I thought a little sanding and clear finish would make it look better.

What would you use for this?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Bob

IMG_3458a (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

There have been a couple threads on possibly sanding out wear and dirt:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/shooter-lane-wear

#3 1 year ago

I painted the trough black on a TMNT that needed some serious bondo work and restoration at the trough. No way to make bondo-ed wood a transparent finish. The black turned out pretty well and there is a natural transition point on that trough to stop the paint so it looked really good

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I painted the trough black on a TMNT that needed some serious bondo work and restoration at the trough. No way to make bondo-ed wood a transparent finish. The black turned out pretty well and there is a natural transition point on that trough to stop the paint so it looked really good

I assume you cleared it after painting? Photos?

#5 1 year ago

Yup, clean the shooter lane as best you can to get the dirt out. Use alcohol and magic eraser. Then you can find a socket the same diameter as the lane. Wrap that in sand paper and sand out the remaining grime. Then it gets cleared along with the rest of the playfield.

#6 1 year ago

Commonly referred to as the shooter lane. Might hwlp in your searches for ideas.

#7 1 year ago

I wanted to thank everyone for their comments and suggestions. I followed your suggestions and sanded the area smooth. Then gave it three coats of clear - sanding between coats. Then went over the area with Novus 2. It came out really nice. See before and after photos. Unfortunately you can't feel how smooth it is from the photos.

Thanks

Bob

IMG_3462 (resized).JPG

IMG_3452 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside