pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
DSCN3831 (resized).JPG
DSCN3884 (resized).JPG
DSCN3928 (resized).JPG
DSCN3918 (resized).JPG
DSCN3920 (resized).JPG
DSCN3919 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 5 years ago

Seeing this post around again reminds me of an event that happened to me a few months ago. I was given the Sing Along free in advance for fixing another game, a Triple Strike. I didn't realize they had both been heavily infested at one point until I got them loaded up. Promptly brought them back. Too risky. Only time I ever returned a free game! Free is nice but nothing is worth the cost of risking all of my other games. I didn't lose any sleep over bringing them back but would have lost sleep for months if I put them with my collection wondering if they were getting infested or not. No signs of an active infestation risk but it was never certain enough for me. Some things just ARE NOT worth it, no matter how certain you are it's fine.

Brought them back without even bringing them inside that night. Thankfully. Guy was pretty upset I went back on the deal but he shouldn't of been, if I had known I wouldn't of touched this with a 10 foot pole and he should've never bought them either and I was very kind with him letting him know the risks he may face with them.

It's hard bringing back a *free* very desirable game, but termites just ain't worth the trouble. Fumigation doesn't always work. Burn, baby burn. I told him to burn the cabs and I think he did. He was getting new cabs made but I told him even the playfield and backbox board is a danger, but it sounded like he wanted to take the risk. Not sure what ever came of them. Don't really care, to be honest. They were a mess! Funny how the previous poster in this thread had such an angry tone.

If this happened to me with these games and somebody tried to rub it in my face like that I would say "sorry for your loss and I'm glad it's you and not me!". Kudos for taking the higher road Skyking. You should not feel bad about getting rid of it. Termite games SUUUUUUUCK! Months later I have absolutely no regrets and will wait for a nice bug-free Sing Along to come along. If somebody ends up buying them and rubs it in my face how much of a "deal" I lost out on by bringing them back I will just laugh very hard. Some things just aren't worth the work and risk. I will never regret bring them back at all, and certainly if it would have caused any harm to my house or collection. We all love pinball but drawing the line is smart. Let some other idiot deal with them instead and you are the true winner

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

That is Powderpost Beetle damage. Just as bad as termites.

Yeah, that came up in my discussion with the seller. It was a very big "So?!?!?!?!" moment, as if he was trying to make it sound okay. They're just termites 2.0, if not scientifically at least in the way they operate. Very destructive and swarm all the same. Dodged a bullet there

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Yikes. That's bad looking damage.
I suppose you could've just let them sit outside overnight for a day or two. I think we're supposed to get freezing temps at least tomorrow. That may have done the trick to kill whatever's inside.

This was a few months back in the hot season. Also, no amount of "fixing" would have convinced me these did not pose a potential risk.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Mods
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pain-in-the-frass-termites?tu=otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.