7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by arolden
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Hi all.

My DW is displaying this error during the display test and has vertical lines across the right side if the screen.

What components should I be targeting for replacement?

Thanks for any advice.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

try a new ribbon cable if it still does it, the ram on the display board is likely bad. If it still does it with a new RAM.... it gets a bit more complex. There are a TON of ttl chips on that display board to check out.

#3 7 years ago

Most likely bad RAM at U24.

#4 7 years ago

Reseat the ribbon cables, and order a new set if yours are original. If you can't replace the RAM yourself, I can give you a couple recommendations for technicians in your country who can help.

#5 7 years ago

I swapped the ribbon cable for a known working one - same issue. So I will order a new RAM chip. I swapped a working display driver board in and this eliminated the issue, so definitely a problem with the board.

Out of interest, I also pulled a different display driver board out of one of my project machines. This one displays a couple of lines on the right side of the screen and fails the display test with a RAM address error. I assume this one also needs U24 to be replaced?

Also out of interest, I put both boards into my FT, which has a colour DMD. The issues were exactly the same on FT, and the display was greyscale instead of colour. This is expected I suppose, since the colour DMD still uses the original ROMs for display data.

John, I would appreciate those recommendations also

2 weeks later
    #6 7 years ago

Just an update on this. I replaced both U24s and both displays are working properly now. Thanks for the advice!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/paging-error-on-wpc-dmd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.