(Topic ID: 127983)

Pagg what was your fav pin you played ??

By Delta9

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by maglar
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Mine had to be fb

#2 4 years ago

Liked the G spirit

#3 4 years ago

Blackout
-mof

#4 4 years ago

Game Plan Cyclopes for Solid state
and WMS Apollo for EM

#5 4 years ago

Spirit, only time of year I can, its like Christmas.
SOF
Hardbody (not kidding)

#6 4 years ago

Only games I went back to were: Elektra, stargazer, pharoah and WNBJM

#7 4 years ago

There were 4 machines I kept going back to play: MM, AFM, BoP 2.0, and Whitewater. Whitewater was a very pleasant surprise. I think I have played it before, but not sure. It was a fun experience.

#8 4 years ago

Night Moves, had read about it being one of the few good cocktails but have never seen one show up at PAGG or CAX last few years till this year. Good use of the limited playfield space by Trudeau. Thank you blownfuse for bringing this one.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from kerokero:

Night Moves, had read about it being one of the few good cocktails but have never seen one show up at PAGG or CAX last few years till this year. Good use of the limited playfield space by Trudeau. Thank you blownfuse for bringing this one.

I second that, I really want one now, that's a fun little pin!

#10 4 years ago

Unexpected Surprise:
- EM: Bow and Arrow (I need to find this pin now)
- SS: Hardbody (never will own it but very fun layout)

Not surprising:
- EM: Mars Trek
- SS: Toss up between Pharaoh and Alien Star (thanks to Steve for walking me thru the rules!)

#11 4 years ago

I still fairly new to the hobby, so for me PAGG is all about playing as many games as possible to refine my tastes & decide what I want to acquire next. Big thanks to all who make this event possible

Had Fun Playing for 1st time: Flash Gordon, Congo, Centaur, Eight Ball Deluxe, Fireball, X-Men, BSD

Biggest Disappointment: Wrestlemania

Unexpected Surprise: Metallica & Blackout

I thought Tron was at the top of my wishlist. Thanks to PAGG, Metallica just surpassed it. What a fun game! I'm slowly coming to realization that I want a lineup consisting of three early 80s Bally/Williams classics & three brand new Stern/JJP pins.

#12 4 years ago

Had very limited playing between '97 and last year so I was thrilled to try out many machines that were new to me. Liked Whitewater but didn't really get a grasp on the rule set. Swords of Fury and Grand Lizard were great and ST.:TNG was good fun but MMR was the highlight for me and both my sons (12 & 9)

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I'm slowly coming to realization that I want a lineup consisting of three early 80s Bally/Williams classics & three brand new Stern/JJP pins.

Wise man.

My EMs are in my office, and I have some swaps with people, so right now my garage game room is

Elvira and the Party Monsters
Monster Bash (on loan for my Scared Stiff)
The Shadow
Star Trek (sold, picking up ACDC later this week instead)
Tron
Metallica
Flash Gordon
Fathom (on loan)

The Shadow is staying. I think if I can I'd like to swap EATPM for an 80s Bally game. That would get me close to what you're talking about.

I keep missing out on Medusa!

#14 4 years ago

I know it would have been Viking if only the flippers hadn't been sticking the first two days I was there. Its tough to play when you have to hit one flipper to drop the other one. I can only assume they were the Linear flipper assemblies. Just shows how sucky those can be. Would be great to downgrade to the older style. I did it to my Centaur and couldn't be happier. Next is 8BD.

Otherwise, I enjoyed the fact there were 4 Black Knight 2000's available for play. At least one had LEDs which taught me never to put LEDs in a BK2K. At least not if you play in a dark hall. There is far too much flashing going on down on the bottom playfield for the instant on, instant off, of LEDs. I played 3 of the 4 and still find it to be a very fun game even though its not very deep.

Of course, Stern Star Trek was high on my list of likes. Just have to figure out where to come up with $8K.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I still fairly new to the hobby, so for me PAGG is all about playing as many games as possible to refine my tastes & decide what I want to acquire next. Big thanks to all who make this event possible
Had Fun Playing for 1st time: Flash Gordon, Congo, Centaur, Eight Ball Deluxe, Fireball, X-Men, BSD
Biggest Disappointment: Wrestlemania
Unexpected Surprise: Metallica & Blackout
I thought Tron was at the top of my wishlist. Thanks to PAGG, Metallica just surpassed it. What a fun game! I'm slowly coming to realization that I want a lineup consisting of three early 80s Bally/Williams classics & three brand new Stern/JJP pins.

If you want to check out some of the mods for Metallica, I have a Refinery Edition that has quite a few of them. They all improve an already great experience. Let me know if you want to play it one of these days.

#16 4 years ago

LOVED SPIRIT! Also, really enjoyed Excalibur, so I took it home. Haha. Andromeda was really fun as well. Learned I now need to buy some ems haha. Really enjoyed Apollo. Great show!

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Tron
Metallica
Flash Gordon
Fathom (on loan)

I should just move into your garage. Haha. You've got almost my entire wishlist.

Also that Viking was beautiful by the way. What an outstanding paint job on the cabinet. Wish my Seawitch was that nice.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

If you want to check out some of the mods for Metallica, I have a Refinery Edition that has quite a few of them. They all improve an already great experience. Let me know if you want to play it one of these days.

I might have to take you up on that! I still haven't met any other pin fans in Reno yet

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I should just move into your garage. Haha. You've got almost my entire wishlist.

If you're ever in SoCal let me know.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I know it would have been Viking if only the flippers hadn't been sticking the first two days I was there.

Agree.
-mof

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballholder:

Unexpected Surprise:
- EM: Bow and Arrow (I need to find this pin now)
- SS: Hardbody (never will own it but very fun layout)
Not surprising:
- EM: Mars Trek
- SS: Toss up between Pharaoh and Alien Star (thanks to Steve for walking me thru the rules!)

Told you hardbody rules.

#22 4 years ago

Loved: Barracora (sp?), Original Flintstones, STLE, Monopoly, RCT (Missed buying it by thismuch), Beat Time, METLE, BOP2.0, MMRLE, BJM, Cyclopes, and more I can't think of right now.

Confirmed on why I don't like them; Popeye and Punchy

Disappointed: WWE and TWD. Granted, it's not fair to judge a game without hearing the audio, but to this Stern geek, WWE annoyed me with the nudging you have to do in the ring (plus, admittedly, I sucked at this game) and TWD bugged me with the "Mick on the Stick" toy that kept getting in the way.

.....What a fun weekend!

#23 4 years ago

Liked pharoah, star gazer, rfm, flintstones,

Radical, hardbody.

Finely got to play a spiderman that was working properly.
Cyclopes, and Excalibur were both fun.
Biggest surprise, the silverball mania with the new playfield.
It played perfect and was fun.
That and the new world em with the cool stand up targets that are drop targets.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Disappointed: WWE and TWD. Granted, it's not fair to judge a game without hearing the audio, but to this Stern geek, WWE annoyed me with the nudging you have to do in the ring (plus, admittedly, I sucked at this game) and TWD bugged me with the "Mick on the Stick" toy that kept getting in the way.

I haven't heard a single person from PAGG say anything positive about WWE. Universally dumped on. "Terrible" has been used a lot. That's the word I'd use for the theme myself, so it's not like there was even a remote chance I'd want one, but sounds like it's gonna be a flop.

I really wish I could've have made it to PAGG just to get some more time in on 80s pins, I need to play more and learn what else to watch out for besides the obvious 1980 Bally titles.

#25 4 years ago

MMRLE was impressive. Surprised at how fluid the game play was. Did someone purchase the black trimmed LE? Noticed it was not there Saturday. $8K for a MM original project game that was sitting next to the MMRLE.

Spirit rocked. The LCD CFTBL was a blast to play. Kept draining balls as I was trying to watch the LCD screen

#26 4 years ago

Can't pick one. I kept going back to Swords of Fury, Judge Dredd, Walking Dead, Sopranos, Wrestlemania and Metallica.

#27 4 years ago

Did you guys catch the alien that was riding the buck on Big Buck Hunter? I've got a picture somewhere. Too funny!

#28 4 years ago

Hardbody, hands down was the biggest surprise. I kept going back to it, very unique layout also Radical was awesome. Thanks again to those who brought those pins

#29 4 years ago

Night Moves... Which is why I bought it LOL!

#30 4 years ago

I was surprised by Striker. Quite a fun game to play, added a few new dimensions to play.

Joust was a blast, even though it took some figuring out as to what the objectives really were.

It was nice playing a well done Space Shuttle with nice, strong flippers(the one in the back by the Trudeau row). I loved that game when it came out and it still holds up. Great game!

Played Gilligan's Island so I could know what one plays like when it's 100%(I'm working on one for a guy right now). Ended up playing it a lot, and liking it a lot.

Played the CCC quite a bit. Love that game, but it's flippers felt a little weak.

Played A LOT of EM's this year(that was my goal for this year). Centigrade 37 is always fun. Atlantis was cool, as was Apollo. Can't remember some of the names of the other machines I liked.

PAGG was great as usual, but with each successive year, I play less and less pinball and talk to people and friends more and more.

#31 4 years ago

Got to play my two grail pins from Bally and Stern.

Star Gazer is the one I wanted to play the most, was not disappointed. I bought one of Great Pinball Limited's new playfields, now I just need to find the game.

Viking is my Bally grail at the moment and it was a fun game. Like someone mentioned the left flipper was sticking but I did get to hit that cool left flipper shot that goes to the top right, back across the playfield, around the habitrail and into the saucer. Sweet!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Glen Ellyn, IL
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside