(Topic ID: 43763)

pagg 2013

By mrgone

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Blue_Whitewater.jpg
    BettyWhiteOffTheirRockersKA_P.JPG
    IMG_0905.jpg
    IMG_0895.jpg
    0519131240.jpg
    IMG_3067.jpg
    IMG_3093.jpg
    IMG_3010.jpg
    IMG_3060.jpg
    IMG_3058.jpg
    IMG_3119.jpg
    IMG_3084.jpg
    IMG_3131.jpg
    IMG_3122.jpg
    IMG_3111.jpg
    IMG_3048.jpg
    There are 722 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.
    #651 10 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

That's just Rick's nature. He may seem disinterested or standoffish to those who don't know him, but PAGG is his favorite show. He was actually having a great time. Sara looked a little tired Saturday night, but after working that booth all day, I wasn't surprised.

Quoted from practicalsteve:

I like BAA and all but they almost sold my preordered Play field glass I bought two weeks ahead of time and they always seem really bummed and not into it at any show I go to.

After my above post I received an email from BAA apologizing for the glass mix up and my other complaints and it is greatly appreciated. I probably could have handled it better by emailing them and not posting to a public forum. This shows me that they really do care about customers and I will not hesitate to continue using them in the future. Also like phishrace says, maybe Rick is just a subdued dude and I took it the wrong way, and should not take that as a sign that they do not want to be there. Again, sorry to everyone at BAA, you did have a ton of stuff and your presence would have been missed. Thank you for your apology and please accept mine.

#652 10 years ago

Wow, a slightly negative thread resolved positively?!? Maybe there is hope for pinside after all!

My experience with BAA has been good. I have ordered from them twice without issues, and I like jelly beans.

#653 10 years ago

After my above post I received an email from BAA apologizing for the glass mix up and my other complaints and it is greatly appreciated. I probably could have handled it better by emailing them and not posting to a public forum. This shows me that they really do care about customers and I will not hesitate to continue using them in the future. Also like phishrace says, maybe Rick is just a subdued dude and I took it the wrong way, and should not take that as a sign that they do not want to be there. Again, sorry to everyone at BAA, you did have a ton of stuff and your presence would have been missed. Thank you for your apology and please accept mine.

I am local to BAA so usually pick up any parts I order in person. I've always been impressed by how friendly and helpful the gals taking care of the orders are.

#654 10 years ago

I am glad to hear all of this, I was very tired and dealing with a sick kid when I posted that. We all have bad days. I am glad we all could settle this like adults and that we all could admit that we were not perfect in handling it, could all apologize, and end it all well. Sorry this has to be the end of a great thread about a great expo.

#655 10 years ago
    Quoted from micro:

Thanks Sparky, though I never officially met you. Though my stomach met your meat (that sounds weird).

I thought we did officially meet. When you went through the line for food, didn't we talk a bit? I mentioned that I had been to Brad's and Jason's a few times for CCPL? Wasn't that you?

#658 10 years ago

Sorry this has to be the end of a great thread about a great expo.

Who said it has to end here?

#659 10 years ago

Thank you for your apology and please accept mine.

Well played sir! BAA is a good resource for us pinheads especially in the bay. I went down to buy a playfield from them a while back and they went way above and beyond to ensure I got what I wanted. Glad to hear this all worked out.

#660 10 years ago
    Quoted from 72Devilz:

Favorite game of the show AFM owned by Mark Birsching . The wife and I got our admissions worth on this machine, we absolutely LOVED IT! We were ready to buy but none were for sale at the show. BTW every game we played that was owned by Mark got the thumbs up for condition and playability. Thanks Mark and we WANT your AFM!

Thanks! I try to keep my machines in good running order - much more fun that way. I'm just glad everyone could enjoy them!

#661 10 years ago
    Quoted from birsch:

Thanks! I try to keep my machines in good running order - much more fun that way. I'm just glad everyone could enjoy them!

Thanks for bringing the AFM Mark and congratulations on winning the Novice division of the tournament!!

#662 10 years ago
    Quoted from Jvspin:

Thanks for bringing the AFM Mark and congratulations on winning the Novice division of the tournament!!

Hell yeah. Mark kicked ass in a lot of areas over the weekend. He does it quietly, but he was a huge contributor all weekend. Congrats on the win Mark. Enjoy it while you can. Next year you'll have to play with the big boys.

After reading 72D's post, I went over and played Mark's AFM. 72D was right. Awesome playing game. I'm already working Mark to get him to let us use it in the tournament at CAX this year. I think it would be an awesome tourney game.

#663 10 years ago

Final thoughts on the show...

Those of you (you know who you are) who put tons of love into your machines -- I want to thank you for raising the bar on how smooth an old machine can feel. Bear in mind, I didn't play any games after 1992 at the show -- so I am talking about machines (20-30 years old) -- and making those playfields feel like glass, and the flippers punchy, and ball travel accurate as hell.

Thank you for your fanatic attention to detail and love of the game. I will remember your efforts and strive to make my games even more smooth and playable.

thanks!
    -mof

#664 10 years ago
    Quoted from birsch:

Forgot to mention, that slightly sticky right flipper is probably the fault of my wife and I, we played about 30 games on your machine on Saturday. I think I got 9B on my first game and I've never played it before, sadly I never managed to beat my first game.

#665 10 years ago
    Quoted from daley:

Great show!!
    I must give a big shout out to Rob Anthony for spending the time to fix all the issues on my Hook CPU board. Thank you, its working wonderfully. I can't believe you come out here all the way from St. Louis. Its awesome you make it out to these shows and help out the collectors...

Really great to hear you're 100% Bryan. As I mentioned, I was worried about the switch matrix.

Thanks again for your patience on this, it definitely took longer than expected, and I didn't mention it, but my desolder station crapped out right about when I showed you what the final issue was. Luckily I carry a Hakko 880 as a back up, but definitely prefer the Metcal, and it sucked ( not really since it wasn't working not having it for the rest of the show.

Really great show as always. Hat's off to all the guys and gals that make this show possible!

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#666 10 years ago

no group photo I was almost sure one of those sheep by the flag poles would have been violated in it...

#667 10 years ago
    Quoted from micro:

Thanks to the PAGG volunteers that East Bay Pinball got to steal to help load our 30+ games into the truck on Sunday. You guys rocked. Especially cause we were all draggin ass.

You're welcome. we weren't scheduled to help with load out. Keith asked if we could help and of course we said yes. great meeting you guys

#668 10 years ago
    Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

no group photo I was almost sure one of those sheep by the flag poles would have been violated in it...

Ya a group photo would have been cool lets set that in stone for next year

Quoted from pinwillie:

You're welcome. we weren't scheduled to help with load out. Keith asked if we could help and of course we said yes. great meeting you guys

Your cart got its workout for sure on thursday.Cool meeting you Willie. I missed out on Sunday had to drive out to the bay for my ToM. Big thanks to Keith and the Bay guys for the second room

#669 10 years ago

Great show this year! lot's of machines, really had a good time. Swap meet, food, people, and vendors all great! Class act

#670 10 years ago
    Quoted from 72Devilz:

Forgot to mention, that slightly sticky right flipper is probably the fault of my wife and I, we played about 30 games on your machine on Saturday. I think I got 9B on my first game and I've never played it before, sadly I never managed to beat my first game.

How about the broken target? (Just kidding!). The plastic part of the T target broke off and ended up in the ball trough late Friday night. Thankfully the target still worked without the plastic as I didn't have a replacement with me. I'll check the flipper.

#671 10 years ago

This was my first time at PAGG. I think it is going to end up being a very costly experience. I really need an AC/DC now.

I thought the show was great. I was able to play most of the games I wanted to play. I even got to play a few games on the Back in Black LE on Sunday. I played GnR for the first time as well, which has now also been added to my wishlist.

I just have to say thanks to the guy who brought Metallica and Tron. Tron next to Metallica was great! I think I played for about 40 minutes straight Friday night because no one wanted to get out of the Metallica line. lol

I am looking forward to next year already!

#672 10 years ago
    Quoted from birsch:

How about the broken target? (Just kidding!). The plastic part of the T target broke off and ended up in the ball trough late Friday night. Thankfully the target still worked without the plastic as I didn't have a replacement with me. I'll check the flipper.

Hi Mark! Welcome to Pinside.

Todd

#673 10 years ago

How many days until PAGG 14?

#674 10 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

How many days until PAGG 14?

I think if you ask Brad Grant that question right now he would have a heart attack.

#675 10 years ago
    Quoted from Nexyss:

This was my first time at PAGG. I think it is going to end up being a very costly experience. I really need an AC/DC now.
    I thought the show was great. I was able to play most of the games I wanted to play. I even got to play a few games on the Back in Black LE on Sunday. I played GnR for the first time as well, which has now also been added to my wishlist.
    I just have to say thanks to the guy who brought Metallica and Tron. Tron next to Metallica was great! I think I played for about 40 minutes straight Friday night because no one wanted to get out of the Metallica line. lol
    I am looking forward to next year already!

The tron was not my pin but I did shop it out for Pagg, it played great. I dialed that bad boy in and also installed the Leds.

#676 10 years ago

Hmmm.

Sounds like a non-pinhead in Sacramento bought a Flash at the show, and seems to not know anyone that can help repair it. That's a shame. I wonder if he has contacted the seller of the Flash for help?

sfbay.craigslist.org link

-mof

#677 10 years ago

how much is that Flash worth?

#678 10 years ago

I seen that...poor guy maybe someone should contact him and direct him here and earn some REAL pin-karma.
    Im guessing more than the $400 they want for it.

#679 10 years ago

Awww its gone I hope they got it working that would suuuuck.

#680 10 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Hmmm.

Sounds like a non-pinhead in Sacramento bought a Flash at the show, and seems to not know anyone that can help repair it. That's a shame. I wonder if he has contacted the seller of the Flash for help?

-mof

Quoted from SKILL_SHOT:

Awww its gone I hope they got it working that would suuuuck.

I actually called that guy hoping to trouble shoot the problem over the phone for him. I was hoping that he just had a slam tilt switch stuck but unfortunately he was having more problems than that that I could help fix over the phone. He was having boot up problems and when I mentioned checking his chips, he said he tried reseating one and one of the pins broke. Oops! I told him he should join pinside and he would get all the help he needed, but he did not seem like he wanted to spend any additional money on it and was hoping to just get most of his money back. Best advice I could offer was to stick to his asking price of 400$ that it was more than fair and not let anyone haggle him down. Too bad, I am sure he could have fixed it, just did not seem into it. .

Want to add that this is my main argument when any mention of pinflation happens. People buying a pin, it breaks, and they sell for less.

#681 10 years ago

I actually was going to do the same after I thought about it but it was too late. Hey you tried too help REAL pin-karma heading your way!

#682 10 years ago
    Quoted from birsch:

Hee hee, the target was broken on Saturday but still played fine . The right flipper would stick about 5% of the time, not energized just sticking up. Wouldn't you know it we get home and check the going price on AFM and it's way up there.... Goes to show we have great taste, never fails so I guess I'll start saving now! Welcome to Pinside BTW!

#683 10 years ago

I think that was the guy that was interested my red cab MGoW but he decided to go for the Flash because it was cheaper. If he would have bought the MGoW, I would have stood behind any repairs if they were needed from transit. Heck, I'm still standing behind some of the games I've sold years later because the buyer became a friend. If he has the game up for sale now, it sounds like the seller of the Flash might not have been of that mindset.

Quoted from mof:

Hmmm.
    -mof

#684 10 years ago

whose Transformers LE was at PAGG?

#686 10 years ago

If it was in the EBP area it was EBP's Jim V.

#687 10 years ago

Whoever brought the Championship Pub, I just want to say thank you while shaking my fist at you because I now have to have one.... however my pinball fund and space in my house are both at zero.

What a fun machine. How have I never played it before?

#688 10 years ago

I fell in love with TCP at pacifific pinball expo then played it at pacific pinball museum where it kicked my ass! then the one at PAGG just owned me I rocked that TOTAN wich suprised me
    As for the FLASH S-happens but if thats his first that sucks, on the other hand he sounds like he wasnt comitted enough.

#689 10 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Whoever brought the Championship Pub, I just want to say thank you while shaking my fist at you because I now have to have one.... however my pinball fund and space in my house are both at zero.
    What a fun machine. How have I never played it before?

Champion pub is a fun machine. I picked one up a while ago but only recently got it set up. It's a blast! Good luck with the search.

#690 10 years ago

I was super happy to nab an acdc keychain, signed by Steve Ritchie even. Was hoping to find an Iron Man keychain but no such luck.

#691 10 years ago

Wait champion pub was for sale? I had room in my van too, damn! That game rocked!

#692 10 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

I was super happy to nab an acdc keychain, signed by Steve Ritchie even. Was hoping to find an Iron Man keychain but no such luck.

Where were those!?!

#693 10 years ago

Where were those!?!

They were on a table behind the spot where you bought tickets. The signed ACDCs sold out pretty early on Friday though.

There were a bunch of other keychains too.

#694 10 years ago

Where were those!?!

I gave away around 50 keyfobs in the tourney area. I still have a few left but I think they're the meh ones, like POTC and WoF. Oddly enough, Stern keeps sending me little plastic wheelchairs. I think they were going to be in x-men or something.

#695 10 years ago

This years PAGG was great! I had alot of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was nice meeting some of you pinsiders in person. Here is a link to some crappy pics i took with my phone

http://s264.photobucket.com/user/ttaki/library/PAGG%202013?sort=2&page=1

#696 10 years ago

They were on a table behind the spot where you bought tickets. The signed ACDCs sold out pretty early on Friday though.

Oh ok, I did see those then, but since I only went Sunday all teh signed ones must have been long gone.

Oddly enough, Stern keeps sending me little plastic wheelchairs.

Are you sure thats not a hint? I think the next title from Stern is going to be "Betty Whites off their rockers." You heard it here first!

BettyWhiteOffTheirRockersKA_P.JPGBettyWhiteOffTheirRockersKA_P.JPG

#697 10 years ago

We had a fantastic time! We finally finished unloading the van last night. My girlfriend and I got there mid day Thursday and volunteered setting up until pretty much the show opened. It takes a lot of work to get 267 games up and running for the public! We took two EMs (Target Alpha and Magnotron) and they both got over 320 plays. Amazing!

We also brought back several new project machines and other great stuff thanks to some seriously cool people we met out there. Thanks to Steve(s), Brad and the PAGG team and all the great vendors (Rob Hawkins and Don M, Helm, Rob Anthony, Mike from Fathom and a bunch more)

PAGG really is the show to go to!

We also took a bunch of pics we'll be uploading soon....

Cheers,
    Art.

#698 10 years ago
    Quoted from 72Devilz:

Hee hee, the target was broken on Saturday but still played fine . The right flipper would stick about 5% of the time, not energized just sticking up. Wouldn't you know it we get home and check the going price on AFM and it's way up there.... Goes to show we have great taste, never fails so I guess I'll start saving now! Welcome to Pinside BTW!

Thanks - don't know why I didn't join sooner Good luck on the AFM search!

#699 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

I thought we did officially meet. When you went through the line for food, didn't we talk a bit? I mentioned that I had been to Brad's and Jason's a few times for CCPL? Wasn't that you?

Oh shit that was me! Must have been all those adult beverages fogging my memory. Now I have a face to the name.

And you mentioned that you tend to come out to league more in the Summer months, I think. If so, I hope you do.

Thanks for feeding a non-Sacto pinhead. You rock!

#700 10 years ago

Where was all the beer? Next year I'll bring my own, since I didn't see any this year;(

There are 722 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pagg-2013/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.