Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9816 (resized).PNG
    NjYQSLM.gif
    giphy.gif
    source.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

<type your bug report here - please try to be as concise as possible!>

If I'm using Windows at work or my Mac at home with various browsers, logged out, Pinside pages load very fast, once I try to login and thereafter, they load super slow, sometimes up to 15 seconds to even start loading the front forum page. Front page loads instantly when not logged in.

This has been going on for a few weeks now. Have cleared browsers and nothing changes. Logged out pages load fast, logged in they load at a snail's pace.

--------------------------------
    Your browser/os information:
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/79.0.3945.130 Safari/537.36 (this will help us make sense of your bug report)

#2 4 years ago

Now on Safari 11.1.2 thru my blazing fast home internet.

Prior to logging in, Pinside pages loading like-

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

After logging in, more like-

source.gifsource.gif

#3 4 years ago

Now trying Firefox 73.0. Same thing.

Mozilla molasses bump!

NjYQSLM.gifNjYQSLM.gif
    #4 4 years ago

Is anybody else having this issue? Has anybody read this thread at all?

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

I am not experiencing any super slowness (same speed logged or not logged in) Ipad - Safari browser

Weird. I don't have a tablet or smart phone, but it is doing it on every desktop I use. Two Windows computers at work and my Mac at home. Seems to be worst when refreshing the front page of the forum.

It's like AT+T is in charge of my account now and as soon as I log in my speed gets throttled way back. Wonder if mine is the only one.

Thanks for responding Rob, I was kind of feeling this thread was in the land of crickets.

Edit- I don't use AT+T. I've got super high speed cable internet at home.

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from onemoresean:

Most pics in threads aren't loading for me today.
    I'm on an old iPhone.

This has been going on for weeks. It's not so much pictures loading, but trying to open a page, especially the front page. Not every time but most times. Always works super fast when logged out.

When I do it just stays on the last page for quite a while, and once it does start to load, it all comes up pretty fast.

#11 4 years ago

Thanks. I read all that, but what doesn't make sense is how it only happens when I'm logged in to Pinside.

When logged out I can browse the entire site as fast as can be. It's like my user account itself has some kind of bug.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from Manic:

Hmm. Maybe your freewheeling comments are being "de-emphasized" FB censorship-style

The thought had crossed my mind. lol.

Quoted from Manic:

Nahh... have you written Robin about it?

Not yet. I was hoping this might get some kind of response or resolution through this thread. If nobody else is experiencing this phenomenon, then it must indeed be my user account has gotten buggy. Nothing else makes sense.

Other options would be to stop logging in. Or have two screens open on two different browsers, one logged in, one not. Or only log in when extremely necessary.

Or close my account and start another. I had to do that when my paypal account got buggy. Or just close the account period.

#15 4 years ago

Thanks buddy!

I think I'm just going to log out for a while and play some pinball. I'm sure eventually Robin might see this thread being it is in the website bug subforum. If not I might send him a message. It really surprised me to find out I'm the only one experiencing this. But two days with no response led me to believe I am. My Pinside cache must be overloaded by now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pages-load-super-slow-when-logged-in?tu=o-din and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.