joust full with tier (8) (resized).JPG
joust full with tier (2) (resized).JPG
joust full with tier (8) (resized).JPG
joust full with tier (2) (resized).JPG
IMG_7794 (resized).JPG
goodblacklight (resized).jpg
good, jpg (resized).jpg
IMG_7765 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

My kid made me a set of pacman ghosts, with fruit and pacman. Looks great. Decided to make a feature wall going down to my basement gamerooms. Think it turned out great. (also note: these are done with high quality perler beads. Not cheap knockoffs. The bond better and much higher quality melting plastic than the cheap stuff)

She told me to tell people she will make them sets if they like and told me to tell everyone I know (she's 11), so here you go. 2 different sizes available and many other video games available.

Large pacman set (shown) $50 shipped (to the US)

Includes your choice of

Pacman or Mrs.pacman
Any color ghost combinations, plus direction of eyes
Your choice of 1 piece of fruit.

She can do a half size set as well for $30 shipped.

She can also many any video game that's 8bit or 16bit.

Centipede
Joust
Zelda
Minecraft
Donkey Kong (pictures coming soon later in the thread)
Qbert
dig dug
and anything else you may want.DSCN1424_(resized).JPGDSCN1424_(resized).JPGinternet_version_(resized).JPGinternet_version_(resized).JPG

mrspacman_set_(2)_(resized).JPGmrspacman_set_(2)_(resized).JPG

IMG_7523_(resized).JPGIMG_7523_(resized).JPG

zelda_heart_necklaceintenet)_(resized).jpgzelda_heart_necklaceintenet)_(resized).jpg

frogger_completed_(resized).JPGfrogger_completed_(resized).JPG

dig_dug_full_set_(resized).jpgdig_dug_full_set_(resized).jpg

dig_dug_fullset_(resized).JPGdig_dug_fullset_(resized).JPG

IMG_7559_(resized).JPGIMG_7559_(resized).JPG
IMG_7566_(resized).JPGIMG_7566_(resized).JPG

frogger_2_set_(resized).JPGfrogger_2_set_(resized).JPG

centipede_small_(resized).jpgcentipede_small_(resized).jpg

joust large (1) (resized).JPGjoust large (1) (resized).JPG
joust large (2) (resized).JPGjoust large (2) (resized).JPG

joust full with tier (2) (resized).JPGjoust full with tier (2) (resized).JPG

joust full with tier (8) (resized).JPGjoust full with tier (8) (resized).JPG

#5 7 years ago

send a PM if you'd like to buy something. She will make per order.

#9 7 years ago

yea, took her 7 hours to make all 6. Each ghost is well over 800 beads.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

Really awesome, man. Tell her great work. I know how fragile those things can be. Are you a little nervous about shipping?

She melts them together front and back, so they are very durable. You can actually flex and bend them without problems.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from TK2012:

Guess I overlooked the other games you had listed. pm sent

she can pretty much do any video game you want. 16 bit systems and lower look the best. Otherwise they have to be insanely large to capture the detail.

#14 7 years ago

Here is some of the Donkey Kong ones she is working on for a customer. This set will also include the oil barrel on fire, as well as a hammer and Donkey Kong (larger than pacman ghosts) (which will be shown as soon as they are done). This set is also $50, with your choice of Donkey Kong pose, mario pose, fireball color, and choice of oil barrel, as well as barrel positions (side or front view). all to scale with each other. Also a Zelda heart necklace she did for someone else.

donkey_kong_pieces_internet_(resized).jpgdonkey_kong_pieces_internet_(resized).jpg

Note: mario is around 3" high, and pauline is around 4". Donkey kong is going to be over 6.5"

zelda_heart_necklace_(1)_(resized).JPGzelda_heart_necklace_(1)_(resized).JPG

#16 7 years ago

i'll have more pics available. I think there is a frogger and DigDug set coming up soon as well. Perhaps even a Joust set. Since it is almost fathers day.

#19 7 years ago

if you click on the picture, you can zoom in. They are pretty hi rez pics. It was hard for me to get the lighting where the flash didn't bleach out the color.

#21 7 years ago

just completed a Mrs.pacman set with strawberry for a customer. This is the large set, which the ghosts are around 5.5" high.

mrspacman_set_(2)_(resized).JPGmrspacman_set_(2)_(resized).JPG

#22 7 years ago

Working hard on Donkey kong, who is a lot bigger than you think. Complete donkey kong set pics coming soon.

working_hard_on_her_perler_bead_business_(resized).JPGworking_hard_on_her_perler_bead_business_(resized).JPG

#23 7 years ago

Full Donkey Kong set done. For donkey kong, you get your choice of Donkey kong pose. One arm up, both down, or rolling the barrel. Choice of mario pose. Color of fire. Oil barrel on fire, low fire or high fire. barrels either side shot, or down ladder shot.

IMG_7523_(resized).JPGIMG_7523_(resized).JPG

#25 7 years ago

I don't think it's child labor when it's her business. I don't have anything to do with it except taking the orders and using my accounts for her payments. If anything, i'm being exploited by free labor without any gains. All I know is if a Joust Set doesn't show up for fathers day. I'm quitting.

#26 7 years ago

after she finishes a Frogger and Dig Dug set, she will be all caught up, so If anyone wants anything, this is the time, before she gets backed up.

#28 7 years ago

she just takes them from the actual graphics from the actual arcade and matches them up pixel per pixel.

#30 7 years ago

yes. I've mentioned the perler beads several times in this thread. Perler beads are the highest quality of the plastic bead fuse products. They fuse very well and durable.

#34 7 years ago

shes' almost done with the frogger set. the customer wanted a short log, 1 turtle, Frog, purple car. Everything is done except the purple car. Then I"ll post pictures of the frogger set.

Joust rider hopefully will be soon. Told her I want player 1, player 2, and couple enemy riders and a egg or two. Maybe the buzzard.

#35 7 years ago

Frogger set revealed. this is the Large Frogger set. Ruler added to show length. that short log is huge.

frogger_completed_(resized).JPGfrogger_completed_(resized).JPG

frogger_with_measurement_(resized).JPGfrogger_with_measurement_(resized).JPG

#40 7 years ago

she loves your art. That bowser one must have taken forever. The pen tool is really nice. basically you load the hopper up and you can lay down beads around 4 times faster. Problem is, sometimes is jams up because a bead gets stuck sideways, and you cannot get in areas that have beads all around it without knocking the other ones over. She will expand into the really large stuff. But she's worried that she would have to charge so much, nobody would want them.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from gtxjoe:

128x32 DMD artwork would be easy to do Perler bead style.
She could even colorize it

yes, she could. that is a great idea.

#46 7 years ago

she can do anything you want. TMNT is around 16 bit, so she can do it fairly easy. The higher the rez of the game, the bigger it has to be to make it look good. Cost is based upon size.

#47 7 years ago

Here is a teaser pic of Dig dug and joust. I had her make me a small set of the joust. Dig Dug is a large. SO you can see the size comparison.

Smalls are $5 a bird (or character). Or if you get really smalls like eggs, you would get 4 eggs for the $5. I'm having her make me a grey enemy and a blue standing hatched enemy and a player 2 flying. So that set would be $35 shipped. (small joust set)

IMG_7539_(resized).JPGIMG_7539_(resized).JPG

#48 7 years ago

Dig Dug set finally done. Fire was a huge undertaking and took her a long time to do. fire alone is 18" long in large form.

Dig dug set is $60 if you want full fire (pictured), medium fire is $50 and small fire is $40. Or you can get it without fire, and maybe with hover versions of fygor or pooka.

dig_dug_(resized).jpgdig_dug_(resized).jpg

#51 7 years ago

would look sweet tho. Once she's caught up with customer orders, i'll have her try one and see how it turns out.

#53 7 years ago

place an order, and everyone will see them.

She's still working on my "small" joust set, which I should have pictures for soon. I thought a Defender set would be cool as well. Easy to paint the wall black and throw these on it to make it look like a game screen.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The full dmd is 4096 pixels, and a bitch to iron together without messing it up. I did the CCC attract screen in 3 shades like a regular dmd. Wouldn't be so bad if she just did portions of the screens.

I think if she does just the scene part, it wouldn't be as massive or try and half size them?

#59 7 years ago

it starts curling before your even done ironing a lot of times. I try to throw books or something on it to minimize it. but still curls somewhat, and I just bend it straight after it's cool. It is movable after it's cold and can form it. She has me in charge of ironing.

#61 7 years ago

that's how I mounted mine to the wall as well.

#62 7 years ago

here is the dig dug set with Rock.

dig_dug_fullset_(resized).JPGdig_dug_fullset_(resized).JPG

#63 7 years ago

forgot to mention.

If you want things like Glow in the dark sections, or clear transparent sections so you can backlight them. Let her know with your order. She has the product to customize with Glow in the dark or transparent.

#64 7 years ago

Just completed a Joust set for me. This is the small version. $35 (shipped for 5 birds, little man and 2 eggs).

She can do the large version in these as well, which would be more detailed looking and the edges wouldn't be as rounded.

IMG_7566_(resized).JPGIMG_7566_(resized).JPG

#66 7 years ago

I like it. it was my fathers day request. Going to do a wall scene like i did for the pacman set she made me.

also with Joust, you can have wings up or wings down or walking bird pose, with any of the characters.

Since this is the small set. Each figure is around 3" high. Half the size of the large pacman and donkey kong sets.

#70 7 years ago

new set of frogger just completed. She has caught up with all her orders, so if you want something, nows the time.

frogger_2_set_(resized).JPGfrogger_2_set_(resized).JPG

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

These are great! I'm curious tho.. Exactly how big is the small joust characters?

Joust birds are 3 1/2" wide and 2 3/4" tall. Those are the small ones. If you wanted large versions, they are 4x's bigger. For smalls she does single beads per pixel. for larges she does 4 beads per pixel. And can go larger yet if you wanted.

#75 7 years ago

So a large Joust would be 7" wide, 5 1/2" tall for each bird if in flying mode. She can do walking versions as well.

#76 7 years ago

she's all caught up right now. So if you want something. She will start it right away.

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Pretty cool. I like how you mounted the Pac-Man set on the wall. I would love to do something similar, maybe with Double Dragon II from the NES.

she can do this. Technically she can do anything you want. But the higher rez it is, the bigger is has to be to have it still look really good.

#78 7 years ago

moms birthday is coming up, so she got a bonus item.

IMG_7574_(resized).JPGIMG_7574_(resized).JPG

#80 7 years ago

nah, not only do I NOT get any of the money, but I have to offer free labor as well. I'm the one that has to do the ironing, and boxing stuff up and get it ready for shipping for her. :/

Besides that, i'm trying to teach her about running a business and balancing her money. When she needs supplies, I help her take inventory and place her order. She keeps a ledger and it shows her income, and expenses. She also knows, that she has to keep money aside for when she runs out of certain colors, so she has the money to purchase more supplies when needed.

#83 7 years ago

I think a centipede set would be cool. Small version so you could have like 20 or 30 mushrooms.

#84 7 years ago

This is a small centipede set. $36 shipped to the US. Can choose which board color pattern you want. style of damaged mushrooms.

if you want this set in large form. You would get 6 pieces and would be 4x's larger.

for small set. Each mushroom is 1 1/2" high.

centipede_small_(resized).jpgcentipede_small_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#85 7 years ago

anyone interested in the centipede set, she has an extra set she made that's ready to go.

3 weeks later
#92 7 years ago
Quoted from MPierce:

How about Mario Bros. arcade set?

she can pretty much do any arcade you want. old school and 8 bit are easiest to do. Modern games can be done in detail, but they get huge to do them pixel by pixel. Mario bros she could handle fairly easy. Just have to let her know what characters you want.

Large sets get 5 main large characters about 5 1/2" high and one medium size or 2 small items. Like say a Shell, or something like that maybe POW box.

1 week later
#94 7 years ago

Just finished a large Joust set. Looks really good.

joust large (1) (resized).JPGjoust large (1) (resized).JPG

joust large (2) (resized).JPGjoust large (2) (resized).JPG

#96 7 years ago

if you didn't see it in the other thread. she is also expanded into DMD animations

AFM (resized).jpgAFM (resized).jpg

#97 7 years ago

Here is the size difference between a large set and a small set.

IMG_7708 (resized).JPGIMG_7708 (resized).JPG

#98 7 years ago

Need an idea for options to do the terrain in joust. To do them this way, would end up being 16" long for smalls and 32 long for Large. Just massive. So looking for ideas.

2 weeks later
#99 7 years ago

Blacklight and glow in the dark small joust set. Yes, I know the black light picture is blurry, can't get the camera to take it with fast shutter speed.

IMG_7761 (resized).JPGIMG_7761 (resized).JPG

IMG_7765 (resized).JPGIMG_7765 (resized).JPG

#100 7 years ago

here's the black light set with player 2 bird. Plus I got a good pic in blacklight.

good, jpg (resized).jpggood, jpg (resized).jpg

goodblacklight (resized).jpggoodblacklight (resized).jpg

#102 7 years ago

you could just do a velcro wall and move them around all the time and change up the scenes.

#103 7 years ago

she also just finished a large set of drink coasters for someone.

IMG_7794 (resized).JPGIMG_7794 (resized).JPG

#104 7 years ago

she saidshe can do any of the sports logos for coasters or wall hangings.

3 weeks later
#105 7 years ago

She just finished her largest set yet. Large Joust set with 3 tiers. Set was huge and took a long time for her to make. Looks really awesome tho.

joust full with tier (2) (resized).JPGjoust full with tier (2) (resized).JPG

joust full with tier (8) (resized).JPGjoust full with tier (8) (resized).JPG

1 week later
#106 7 years ago

Just tapped into the NES world. Her first NES order. This is the small version. Which samus is 6" tall and the metroids are 5" tall. Large set would be 4x's larger.

created (3) (resized).JPGcreated (3) (resized).JPG

created (6) (resized).JPGcreated (6) (resized).JPG

1 month later
#107 7 years ago

another pacman variation done.

pacman white ghosts (1) (resized).JPGpacman white ghosts (1) (resized).JPG

1 month later
#108 7 years ago

this is what she made me for my birthday. This is going on the other side of the wall as a scene.

IMG_8047 (resized).JPGIMG_8047 (resized).JPG

zelda good color (resized).jpgzelda good color (resized).jpg

#110 7 years ago

I tried to take pictures of the wall, but a stairwell is impossible to take a pic that close and have it look good.

#115 7 years ago

sure. my kid likes to see stuff people make. Some of the huge stuff is really elaborate. I always try to talk her into doing a life size Link, but she isn't having it.

#118 7 years ago

i love the supermario 3 map. That looks awesome. that has to be like 5 feet.

#119 7 years ago

if anyone has any tricks to not warping the boards when ironing, i'd love some tips. She likes it if I iron everything so the center hole is melted flat. But creates a lot of heat on the panels and warps them after a couple of uses. I tried heat gunning them back, which worked, sort of. Some I ruined beause it made the pointy grid part, melt flat.

They should have pearler bead metal panels.

#121 7 years ago

the light ironing and removing is a good idea technique. Since i'm in charge of ironing, I may do that. But she has been starting to practice ironing herself now, but hasn't quite got it, where she's comfortable doing customers projects. Seems stuff for me is the test subjects. May try the epoxy method on some as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
Displays
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 10.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Boards
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pacman-arcade-wall-hangings?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.