joust full with tier (8) (resized).JPG
joust full with tier (2) (resized).JPG
joust full with tier (8) (resized).JPG
joust full with tier (2) (resized).JPG
IMG_7794 (resized).JPG
goodblacklight (resized).jpg
good, jpg (resized).jpg
IMG_7765 (resized).JPG
There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 7 years ago

Joust set looks great. I think because you could mount each piece to the wall separately. You could make free floating rock pieces to mount under a couple of the birds.

Very impressive afm rfm animation.

#102 7 years ago

you could just do a velcro wall and move them around all the time and change up the scenes.

#103 7 years ago

she also just finished a large set of drink coasters for someone.

IMG_7794 (resized).JPGIMG_7794 (resized).JPG

#104 7 years ago

she saidshe can do any of the sports logos for coasters or wall hangings.

3 weeks later
#105 7 years ago

She just finished her largest set yet. Large Joust set with 3 tiers. Set was huge and took a long time for her to make. Looks really awesome tho.

joust full with tier (2) (resized).JPGjoust full with tier (2) (resized).JPG

joust full with tier (8) (resized).JPGjoust full with tier (8) (resized).JPG

1 week later
#106 7 years ago

Just tapped into the NES world. Her first NES order. This is the small version. Which samus is 6" tall and the metroids are 5" tall. Large set would be 4x's larger.

created (3) (resized).JPGcreated (3) (resized).JPG

created (6) (resized).JPGcreated (6) (resized).JPG

1 month later
#107 7 years ago

another pacman variation done.

pacman white ghosts (1) (resized).JPGpacman white ghosts (1) (resized).JPG

1 month later
#108 7 years ago

this is what she made me for my birthday. This is going on the other side of the wall as a scene.

IMG_8047 (resized).JPGIMG_8047 (resized).JPG

zelda good color (resized).jpgzelda good color (resized).jpg

#109 7 years ago

Really nice work! I am going to have to look at my game room walls to see if there is room for something.

#110 7 years ago

I tried to take pictures of the wall, but a stairwell is impossible to take a pic that close and have it look good.

#111 7 years ago

I approve.

#112 7 years ago

How do you hang those on the wall?

#114 7 years ago

Hey Cap I'm gonna ask for permission first cause I don't want to derail your thread lol. Perler beading is another one of my hobbies too. Mind if I post some of my creations?

#115 7 years ago

sure. my kid likes to see stuff people make. Some of the huge stuff is really elaborate. I always try to talk her into doing a life size Link, but she isn't having it.

#116 7 years ago

Nice here's a few of mine this first one I just finished a few weeks ago it's world 1 of Super Mario 3 on a 4x3 canvas.IMG_8700 (resized).JPGIMG_8700 (resized).JPG

And here was our submission for the "Sterns Ultimate Pinball contest" that got us in the top 20.IMG_8585 (resized).JPGIMG_8585 (resized).JPG

This last one is a different version of Kyle Mckoy's "You're not the boss of me" with games that I played
IMG_7222 (resized).JPGIMG_7222 (resized).JPG

#117 7 years ago

These are very cool. Your daughter is very talented (and patient)!

#118 7 years ago

i love the supermario 3 map. That looks awesome. that has to be like 5 feet.

#119 7 years ago

if anyone has any tricks to not warping the boards when ironing, i'd love some tips. She likes it if I iron everything so the center hole is melted flat. But creates a lot of heat on the panels and warps them after a couple of uses. I tried heat gunning them back, which worked, sort of. Some I ruined beause it made the pointy grid part, melt flat.

They should have pearler bead metal panels.

#120 7 years ago

There's a few ways to do this.

Do a light iron so all the beads are just fused together but not fully closed yet. Then take it off the peg board and finish ironing it on a flat surface.

You can get masking tape. Tape the entire side that's showing, poke holes in each bead for venting, take it off the peg board and then iron the opposite side. A lot of Perler artists like this one if you wanna leave the art side as clean open bead look, but it's a lot more work and I feel it doesn't give that square pixel look that the 8-bit character's look like. Granted you could always just iron the top side after you take the tape off to achieve that look.

Make a SUPER board. Get a flat piece of plywood and superglue/epoxy the pegboards to the plywood. The pegboards won't warp, they'll stay flat but now you have to store the board somewhere when you're done. Easier to store the little boards that can come apart.

All 3 ways also get rid of "board lines" when you're making bigger projects and won't warp your peg boards.

#121 7 years ago

the light ironing and removing is a good idea technique. Since i'm in charge of ironing, I may do that. But she has been starting to practice ironing herself now, but hasn't quite got it, where she's comfortable doing customers projects. Seems stuff for me is the test subjects. May try the epoxy method on some as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pacman-arcade-wall-hangings/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.