Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Rush1169
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_2827.jpg
    IMG_2825.jpg
    IMG_2813.jpg
    IMG_2826.JPG
    IMG_2823.JPG
    IMG_2824.JPG
    IMG_2822.JPG
    IMG_2820.JPG
    IMG_2821.JPG
    IMG_2819.JPG
    IMG_2818.JPG
    IMG_2816.JPG
    IMG_2817.JPG
    IMG_2814.JPG
    #1 9 years ago

First time shipping machine out. Thanks for all the photos and packaging lists I found on pinside. Pallet and stuff was $85 from amazon and I managed to do it all by myself. Next time, I'll take the back legs off first. I hope it makes it safe and its new owner enjoys it as much as I did. I had to move one machine as I have (had) nine and only room in the house for six. Can't wait to get my toy car back ('99 M Coupe) from my friends house and put it back in the garage. I miss taking it for spins in the canyons around my house.IMG_2814.JPGIMG_2814.JPGIMG_2812.JPGIMG_2812.JPG

IMG_2815.JPGIMG_2815.JPG IMG_2816.JPGIMG_2816.JPG IMG_2817.JPGIMG_2817.JPG IMG_2818.JPGIMG_2818.JPG IMG_2819.JPGIMG_2819.JPG IMG_2820.JPGIMG_2820.JPG IMG_2821.JPGIMG_2821.JPG IMG_2822.JPGIMG_2822.JPG IMG_2823.JPGIMG_2823.JPG IMG_2824.JPGIMG_2824.JPG IMG_2826.JPGIMG_2826.JPG IMG_2813.jpgIMG_2813.jpg IMG_2825.jpgIMG_2825.jpg IMG_2827.jpgIMG_2827.jpg
    #2 9 years ago

You should soldier the game, leaving it hanging over the ends of the pallet is just asking for damage.
    Other than that it looks good.

#3 9 years ago

Where you shipping it to?

#4 9 years ago

Maybe take the drink holder of the side of it in case it gets caught on something.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mato:

Maybe take the drink holder of the side of it in case it gets caught on something.

Drink holder came off with the legs. It is staying with me! Need it for one of the machines in the house.

Quoted from Mato:Where you shipping it to?

AZ to NY

#6 9 years ago

I would never ship a pin like that. Coin door goes up to provide maximum protection. Ends of the pin hanging off the pallet makes it more vulnerable to damage.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

I would never ship a pin like that. Coin door goes up to provide maximum protection. Ends of the pin hanging off the pallet makes it more vulnerable to damage.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll stand it vertical on its back.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from lyonsden:

Thanks for the feedback. I'll stand it vertical on its back.

Use 4 straps, two in each direction to make sure the game is secure and stable.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Use 4 straps, two in each direction to make sure the game is secure and stable.

Will do!

#11 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgMore centered.

#12 9 years ago

That's better! I run my straps through pipe insulation anywhere they contact the pin as well, just for a little extra padding!

#13 9 years ago

I think you would be better off with cardboard and blankets as your barrier for impact instead of bubbles.. if that thing gets into a place where something is bumping into it repeatedly or somthing with a corner is going to break right past the bubbles. just a thought, but on a pallet its probably less likely to have something right up against it.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from johnwartjr:

That's better! I run my straps through pipe insulation anywhere they contact the pin as well, just for a little extra padding!

Another great idea. I did make sure that the strap contact points are on cardboard, and there is extra padding under the buckles.

#15 9 years ago

Thanks again Eric can'twait to get my rbion ..

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from jrush2112:

Thanks again Eric can'twait to get my rbion ..

With the feedback of these folks, it will get to you safe and sound. I'm already missing it...

#17 9 years ago

What I like to do is lay scrap wood sheets against the machine on each side and then strap those sheets around the equator - that's my fork-lift force field device - cheap and easy. Not a crate, just something to stop the forks from hitting the machine (very common way of damage).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/packing-a-machine-for-shipping and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.