(Topic ID: 116928)

Pacific Pinball Open (2 tournaments!) Feb 21

By jonnyo

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

base3.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Where: Pacific Pinball Museum. When: 2/21/15

Hey folks, I’ve decided to get off my lazy ass and do a tournament. Actually, there’ll be two. If you’ve played in the PPO in the past you know the basic format: play each game once and either get a top score or finish high enough overall to advance to the finals. As always, this ‘main’ tournament is FREE with regular museum admission and this is a very beginner-friendly event. Register and play your qualifier games starting at about 4 PM, but you can show up as late as 6 or 7 and still get in.

This year I’m adding a new format as well: Round Robin. This tournament will cost $30 on top of regular admission but all money will be paid out. It will be limited to 40 players. This Round Robin has a twist I think you’ll really like! Be sure to read the rules on the tournament page (http://pinballbayarea.com/pinball-tournament/) to see if this is for you. Also, note the different, much earlier start time (around 11:30 AM) for the Round Robin event.

If you want to play in the Round Robin, email me at [email protected]. I will send you my paypal address where you can send the $30 to reserve a spot. If you don’t have/want paypal your best bet is to pay through someone who does. Worst case I’ll take your name down, but paid spots will be filled before name reservations.

Both of these tournaments will award WPPR points but under the new IFPA rules will not be combined as a “main” and “side tournament” as was done previously.

I can always use volunteers, so if you can pitch in and help for an hour or two I’m eternally grateful (email me), and the next time Mads Kristensen is in town he’ll give you a free piggy back ride (no weight limit!).

base3.pngbase3.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pacific-pinball-open-2-tournaments-feb-21?tu=jonnyo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.