Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 years ago by lb45
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 13 years ago

@drbond - yeah that was Danny's vid. I tried to shoot one of my own but I ran out of time. I was helping set up the tournament area on Wednesday but we lost some of our space due to needing more room for a vendor (the place is PACKED with vendors), so we had to do some frantic re-design of the tournament area.

Had an awesome but sort of dizzy time today. Mads Kristensen and I had to put on a "how to play pinball like the pros" seminar and we were both up till nearly 2am Friday morning with EBPL league finals (I got 3rd out of 16).

Yes there is a safecracker, and it was giving out the tokens. Some EBPL friends were trying to win as many as possible. There is also a Congo. Right next to Medieval Madness. I believe there's also a party zone, but I always confuse that game with Doctor Dude...

drbond, I'll mostly be in the tournament area, so you can find me there. If you have your NBA Fastbreak or Stern NBA translites, make sure to get them singed by 7' Todd Macculloch, former NBA player. He is playing in the tournaments.

#14 13 years ago

drbond, great hanging with you again. Fortunately, I wasn't running around as much like a nut at CAX. Yeah, Tim Hansen is definitely a top player and he was playing at the peak of his game. Hopefully we'll see some vids of the action.

#21 13 years ago

Yeah, and this year there were probably about double the DMDs as last year.

The PPM is basically more focused on the historical side. It used to bother me that there weren't more DMDs, but I've become a big enough fan of 70s EMs (long-flipper EMs) that I always have something worthwhile to play. The only games I haven't gotten into are 80s SS, but some of the Todd Tuckey videos have gotten me more curious.

The other thing to do is GO ON FRIDAY. Seriously, that is the absolute best day to go. Then you can get all the games in that you want in the best condition and relax with the seminars and vendors at a leisurely pace when the crowds get too out of hand. Although, I will say that even Friday was busier than last year.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pacific-pinball-expo-is-here?tu=jonnyo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.