8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jimjam
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

imagesCAF79QPZ.jpg
    sexy_military_girl.jpg
    imagesCASEDCQ7.jpg

#1 8 years ago

Roll Call,Pinball Soldier !!!,Whoever is going--- you MUST,
    1)Play Pinball
    2)Attend,Record,Photograph,Post on this website,everything related to Pinball,especially Jersey Jack's Presentation,Fri. 9-23-2011/12 Noon PST.DO NOT FAIL,or you will have to swallow the pills
    3)Drink Beer
    4)I'm a single guy,(like you)Observe and get any Pinbabes Info.
    5)And I so wish I could be there,I have relatives in the area,
    (but who really cares,they don't get it anyway)I would just say I was visiting them,and REALLY BE THERE FOR PPE.

imagesCASEDCQ7.jpg

#2 8 years ago

NimblePin reporting for booty, SIR!

sexy_military_girl.jpg

Non-traditional colored plaid pants and Adidas (Lavers or Nastase) will be my calling card.
    Play pinball, check!
    JJP, check!
    Drink beer, check, check, check!
    Pinbabes...
    Asks wife---- she says check!
    Show up v8! Keep your (pinball) diet straight!

See you all there!

#3 8 years ago

Hot Pic,Nimble--Girls-n-Guns.I have the calendar and the Artillery memorized.
    Damn, I wish I could drop everything and catch a redeye flight to California,but Reality Bites!!

imagesCAF79QPZ.jpg

#4 8 years ago

Woooo just got here. Will be there first thing tomorrow morning. I brought... hermm... medication of the herbal variety if any Pinsiders would like to partake.

#5 8 years ago

MMJ-Medical Mari-+ana Card,That's what we have going here in Colorado,Used to do it alot,not anymore,but a few of my friends have made miraculous recoveries using it daily

#6 8 years ago

I don't a lot either. It's vacation, and my friend insisted. I am after all "visiting him." There just happens to be a pinball EXPO going on. Heh heh

#7 7 years ago

I am going too I am planning on picking up some legs (pinball) and I prepurchased from BayAreaAmusuments some off-standard Gottlieb Playfield Glass (to be delivered free to PPE). My son and I will be there from about 10ish 'til 6is' on Saturday. I have some parts available, and can bring to PPE, if contacted prior to 8 am Saturday.

I have pinball flyers (approx 40 for $40 ), Gottlieb Lockbar (with locking mech) for $15, and older Gottleib Buck Rogers Coin Door $15. I also have Williams (Millionare) Side Rails for $15. They are all in good shape (some cleaning required).

Please note that the side rails will need to be removed - they are micro nailed. If you need the rails, contact me Friday before 2 pm. They will be semi-scraped up from the removal, but will be in good replacement shape.

Text me at 707.372.2845 for any of the parts

#8 7 years ago

I'll be there

#9 7 years ago

I got there around 1pm today (thursday) to set up the tournament room. I was busy with that for most of the day. I left about 10pm.

I played Tron LE for about an hour at Marco's booth. They have two Trons, one LE one Pro. For those of you who didn't go to CAX, they hook a crazy sound system to them, along with overhead screens so people can watch you play.

Right next to Marco's booth is the AFM with color DMD.

I threw 40 bucks into the raffles. I've come out ahead the last two years. We'll see if my luck holds.

I got 1.3B on TZ. Very easy playing TZ for some reason. Got lost in the zone on my first game.

#10 7 years ago

Due to other things coming up I am not able to go this year. You'll never know how PISSED OFF I am about that. If I got nothing else but PPE for my birthday every year for the rest of my life I would be a Very Happy Boy.
    About a dozen of us from the Seattle Pinball Tribe are there this year.

#11 7 years ago

Playing hooky from work to go. Only going to be there today. Can't wait to see the color dmd, and other cool stuff. Going to hit the presentations just to hear the new stuff. Not going to buy any new stuff, saving my money. (fingers crossed)

#12 7 years ago

I'm driving up this afternoon, managed to talk the girl into coming with me so it should be a fun weekend.

#13 7 years ago

Arrrrggggghhhh i wish i was going.

Suffice to say i have to wait for the texas festival

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from LaughingOtter:

About a dozen of us from the Seattle Pinball Tribe are there this year.

I saw James Edes yesterday. He played in the tourney I ran at PAGG. He was helping us fix up some games.

#15 7 years ago

Just got back from a long day of playing pinball. Wrists hurt from playing so much. I got a high score on CC, and also had a rather good day of playing in general. I actually was undefeated all day. Met NimblePin, was a great guy, as to be expected. I got a one day pass, but I should of done more. All in all a great day.

#16 7 years ago

Nice to meet you too Ianwho!
    My playing was "craptastic", the whole day. The only ray of sunshine I had was playing the TRON LE and getting SOS on my second ball. The two people I was playing with, had never seen the mode before. Other than that, even 'effing DE Simpsons was handing me my ass!
    Hopefully tomorrow, I can redeem myself...
    Don't be shy fellow Pinsiders! I don't bite... Much.
    Well, maybe Cliffy's daughter and her friends! (KIDDING Cliffy!!!!)

Edit: TRON protector is installed! 9/26

#17 7 years ago

sounds like a formidable event! good luck to you all

#18 7 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

BTW Cliffy, how's my TRON protector coming along?

its hit or miss he tell me. sometimes the ball rests/stops on the protectors due to slow ball speed and location of drop shot

#19 7 years ago

Yeah, the Mylar transition is working I guess, just not to his standards of perfection...

#20 7 years ago

Today was great. Good crowd but not too crowded. Mostly pinheads, but quite a number of casuals as well. Friday is really the best day for this show. Short waits for games, mellow, lots of good seminars. Tomorrow will probably be busy.

Tourney is going good so far. Good turn out for pin tac toe.

#21 7 years ago

Yeah, James isn't one to let a machine in need of a fix stay that way for long. He managed to get our old Hollywood game back up and running again. We're really lucky to have him around in Seattle.

I noticed last year that Friday was the best day for pinheads to play. Today you're gonna get the bratty kids. Last year a couple of them almost broke the mirror section of a very old combo pinball/gun machine by screwing around with the key even though the start button was very clearly labeled. I had to abandon my game two games over to keep the mirror panel from falling on the ground and smashing.

At least pinball shows aren't like most beerfests where by Sunday all the good stuff has been drunk (if it wasn't killed Friday night) and only the crap remains.

#22 7 years ago

Wish I was there, making it a goal to go to more pinfests next year.

#23 7 years ago

Next year The Cartoons will be there. With lots of goodies! Now taking orders for what kind of beer I should brew to take there (2 5-gallon corny kegs). Of course, that beer will be consumed in a speakeasy-style setting (knowing which room the beer and stuff is in).

#24 7 years ago

Okay, last day. Time to go run the tournament finals for Modern and Classics divisions.

If anyone is curious at home, they can view the live standings here:

http://ppe2011.pairsite.com/live/

#25 7 years ago

Does anyone know who won the Tron LE raffle?
    Drawing was supposed to be today @ 6:00 PM.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from boogies:

Does anyone know who won the Tron LE raffle?
    Drawing was supposed to be today @ 6:00 PM.

Hey Glen- it was my buddy Ricci! He just called me as he was unloading at his house in Livermore. Lucky dog!
    Ricci is the co-owner of California Amusement Group based in San leandro. They are the biggest operators in the bay area, actually having accounts in the north bay, SJ valley and the south bay as well.

It couldn't have gone to a nicer guy too. I'm thrilled for him!

#27 7 years ago
    Quoted from Cliffy:

Ricci is the co-owner of California Amusement Group based in San leandro.

Thanks Cliffy - that's cool. I know that it had to be exciting for him to hear that news. Maybe it'll end up in the wild, and many people will be able to enjoy it.

#28 7 years ago

Hey Cliffy!
    Thanks again for the TRON and rollover protectors!
    Just installed them tonight!
    I don't really see what all of the fuss is about. It works perfectly IMO... (Like a glove! )
    Even on the slowest plunge it didn't hang. I tried to gingerly hand roll it from different areas to be sure, no issues. The mylar is just right.
    Maybe, I got a lucky one???
    Anyway,
    Thanks for being awesome! Between you, George and Jack I had an awesome PPE!
    I love the Pinball/Pinside community!
    Keep up the good work! (and tell your daughters I said "Hi"... )

#29 7 years ago

We attended from Australia

Now we basically have no Expo's here in relation to pinball / arcade so my friend Tony and I were ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY by PPE.

To me , nearly EVERYTHING about PPE was fantastic, it was extremely well organised in all regards, the massive selection of games to play was beyond our expectations, the staff were excellent and ALWAYS around to report a fault to which I have to say were attended to quickly considering the crowds and amount of machines. The condition of the games was also excellent, we only experienced a weak flipper on Gorgar and also the left mini flipper on Paragon by Saturday night - other than that most machines seemed to play nicely.

It was also VERY cool to meet many US pinheads who we had either dealt with or had RGP contact with over the years, the absolute highlight of course being Cliffy - an industry LEGEND ! ( Hi mate , I am sure you will recall Tony and myself ). I played games that we rarely if ever see here in Oz like Jolly Park, Star Race, Laser Cue, Gottlieb Circus etc - AMAZING.

The guys in the Tournament room did an endless job and appeared totally committed to the task, I am sorry I forget your name but the pony tail dude was in there every time I went past , be it at 10 am or midnight - VERY committed - congrats.

I congratulate all the organisers, staff and volunteers and those who take thier own games along for us to enjoy. I have extensively reported our trip and photos on both Australian forums Aussie Pinball and Aussie Arcade in an effort to get more Aussie pinheads over to the show in the years ahead.

The location is just great too, the Embassy Suites were very nice rooms and clean and the breakfasts and happy hours were an added bonus ( I assumed free internet would have been available as we had received it in all other US hotels prior to arriving at San Rafael, that was my only VERY MINOR complaint ).

I congratulate Michael and his staff on their Herculian efforts in putting this show on and will be back in 2013.

Wotto

#30 7 years ago

Heh heh Jolly Park was recently purchased by Brad Grant from Spain! That well may be the first one on public display in the States in a very long time.

A new league started up in the Bay Area and it's hosted at Brad's house. He also just got a Tron LE. I've yet to make it out there yet to see his collection - been too busy.

On a PPE side note, I met up with Martin Ayub, the man who runs pinballnews.com, and my friend Molly at Shotwells in SF tonight. We played some AFM and Junkyard, and then Dan Miller and his wife walked in. Dan just put his Medieval Madness on loan at the Pacific Pinball Museum following the show. Then we met a couple other players who randomly came in to play who also had been at the show. Fun time.

Martin got 18B on AFM. I got 43M on JY.

#31 7 years ago

hey Wotto, sounds like You and Tony had a great trip, that was your 1st post since 2003. you should post some happy snaps.

#32 7 years ago
    Quoted from Wotto:

We attended from Australia

Now we basically have no Expo's here in relation to pinball / arcade so my friend Tony and I were ABSOLUTELY BLOWN AWAY by PPE.

Hey, Wotto! You and Tony were the highlight of the show for me. Never met such a gracious pair of chaps and your enthusiasm was infectious. Absolute pleasure meeting and joking around with you guys. I definitely look forward to meeting up with you guys again some day!

1 week later
    #33 7 years ago
    Quoted from jimjam:

hey Wotto, sounds like You and Tony had a great trip, that was your 1st post since 2003. you should post some happy snaps.

Hey JimJam

Sorry to take so long - but I have an entire Travel / Trip Journal available with pics here -
    http://www.mytripjournal.com/pacificpinballexpo2011

You don't have to read the whole thing ( unless you want to ) - just skip to the Pinball related pages. We also went to PHOF and played the games in The Riviera in Vegas.

Look closely - you may even see Cliffy !

3 weeks later
    #34 7 years ago

Wotto I checked out all the photos, great trip thanks for sharing, hows the Hercules pin what a monster

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 169.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 87.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Monk
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 279.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 25.00
    $ 45.00
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 24.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside