IMG_2271_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_1309_(resized).jpg
Sega-Speaker_(resized).jpg
Stern-Speakers_(resized).jpg
WhiteLEDS_(resized).jpg
Sopranos-Guards_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spblat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3531 4 years ago

Anybody have a player quality Getaway or Funhouse you’re done with? Doesn’t have to be a perfect specimen

#3543 4 years ago

Yep, that's approximately what I was hoping to do--find a FH that hasn't been shopped or LED'd and do the work myself. I fear I may have waited too long ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#3545 4 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

You could have picked one up from the container imports that have been advertised. That's probably the most popular machine to get, must have been a dozen or more imported. It's also not unusual for one of those to be resold if importer didn't plan to restore it. In fact, I bought one like that just this past summer for $2200 from someone who probably didn't realize the kind of problems imports have. It fixed up real nice, playfield wasn't even worn, just dirty.

"Container imports." I've seen a couple of references to buying this way and I feel like I have no idea how to get in on this. How do I get smarter about that?

#3554 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I can let you know if I see one pop up the next time we are doing a shipping container. I got mine that way about a year ago, it was about $2500 shipped... but if you go this route you definitely will need a new playfield, Funhouses didn't really hold up like most 90s Williams playfields for some reason.

Thank you!

3 weeks later
1 month later
#3599 4 years ago

A taxi just popped up in Vancouver WA on Craigslist. Too far? portland.craigslist.org link

1 month later
#3620 4 years ago

How cool is that? Anything like this ever happen closer to Portland?

1 month later
#3635 4 years ago

If you've been hoarding TP, here's your chance to capitalize! (not mine)

portland.craigslist.org link

Up for trade is a HUO original 1997 medieval madness. My father unboxed it in his family room and then was moved to my man cave 10 years ago. It was fully shopped in 2018. No interest in selling looking for trade only. Open to offers of any manufacturer butt would perfer cottonelle. I would be willing to take larger quantities of house brands 12-18 month supply for a family of 5

4 months later
#3761 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

Still looking for something! Also open to other games that are in good condition/in my price range. Feel free to PM me.

Something will turn up, I promise. Keep an eye on this thread and monitor craigslist. You can also put those machines in your pinside wishlist, and make yourself a bookmark that shows you all your wishlisted machines for sale within a given radius of you. Then click that bookmark every five minutes like I do.

#3767 3 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

Hahaha, thanks! I've been obsessively refreshing the marketplace. I've kinda been avoiding craigslist since I don't know much about evaluating condition and I trust the people here a bit more to have their shit together and have taken better care of their pins.

Yep. A lot of folks seem to post both places. The last pin I bought (ToM) I came prepared with a checklist. Guy I bought it from said he never witnessed such a thorough inspection

Cabinet left - rear gouge
Cabinet right - good
Cabinet front/coin door - minor nick
Backbox left - good
Backbox right - not new. Scrapes
Backbox/translite front - scratch
Backbox back -
Side rails - good
Glass - good
Shooter lane - B
Ramps: spring steel, screws, wear/damage - B
PF Trapdoor - B-
PF Trunk scoop - A
PF Outhole - A
PF Shooter eject - B
PF Insert Level/Decals - A
Overall PF - A
Plastics - A
Spinner decals - A
Trunk cosmetics - B
SB #82 stuck ball issue - no
Target decals - none
Apron - A
Audio - fine
Lamp test - some missing
Flasher test - A
Solonoid test - A
Trunk Test - A
Trapdoor Test - A
Moving toy(s): trunk, trapdoor, magnets - good
DMD - A
Backglass/translite - B
Sound ROM (L-2?) - yep
Game ROM (1.3) - yep
Boards - rotten dog DMD
Cabinet interior - arc rail reset during PF lift, yowch
Coin box - yep
Manual - no
Coin mechs - yes
Corrosion - good
Mods/LED/Cliffy - none
Play test - fine
Plug - missing ground terminal

#3768 3 years ago

By the way does anybody in Portland need WPC DMDs? I have five. I’d part with four. They all work, ranging between bad burn-in and pristine. Also I’m looking for a WPC coin door.

2 weeks later
#3771 3 years ago

That's one of the last games on my "must-have" list but it's out of my budget for that title. Good luck with the sale. I'm an instant-buy for the right price, can pick up.

#3773 3 years ago

Heavy sigh. If someone doesn't take it off your hands before I make my move, that beauty shall be mine. You already know you'll have no trouble selling it

2 weeks later
#3787 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Ad is gone now, did anyone end up getting it?

I sent a text about that no-boot White Water 4 days after the ad was posted and got no answer.

2 weeks later
#3795 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

It's BAAAAAACK
Whitewater, 1993

Sale pending. Wasn't me that got it

EDIT: Gone

4 weeks later
#3812 3 years ago
Quoted from dtrimberger:

Apologies for posting on this forum but I can't find a Pac NW "pinball owners" thread.
Quick question for the group. Has anyone near Portland found a autobody shop to clear coat a pinball for them at a reasonable price? I live 2 blocks from one near mt tabor but thought I'd check with this group first since most of you have been in the hobby a lot longer than me.

I'd be more inclined to rely on someone with specific expertise clearing playfields. There's a *lot* of prep that has to happen up front or else it's a bunch of wasted effort and possibly a ruined game. Who are our resident clearcoating experts?

1 month later
#3882 3 years ago

I've got a nice player condition Pinbot. I've put new rubbers in it, gave the playfield a full teardown, clean/wax, flippers rebuilt, bulbs replaced as needed (no LED yet), switches adjusted, cliffys installed. Diagnosed and fixed some board issues; the last owner had some kind of short that blew through two transistors and a NOR gate. Everything is playing perfectly now. When I get serious I'll make a video walkthrough and post a listing.

Would like to trade for Whirlwind or Space Station. I have cash available if there's a value gap, or cash is fine. If you're interested we can have a Zoom or Facetime session and I'll show you everything. I'm in Portland. Thanks!

1 year later
#4163 1 year ago

I’ve got a really nice Revenge From Mars to sell in Nehalem Oregon, couple hours west of Portland. It’s posted on FB and CL. Asking 5800 or a trade involving Junk Yard, Mandalorian, No Good Gofers, Monster Bash, Medieval Madness, Who Dunnit, WCS, Tron, Deadpool, Iron Maiden or maybe something else you’re ready to part with

1 week later
8 months later
7 months later
#4587 5 months ago

WTB players condition Junk Yard. Anybody ready to part with one?

#4589 5 months ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Someone in Portland on Reddit r/pinball posted about having a Junk Yard collecting dust and considering a trade.

thanks, messaged him earlier. He seems like he’d rather deliver his game to Utah on a trade than sell it and bring cash ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spblat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pacific-northwest-buyerssellers-thread?tu=spblat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.