5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3,633 posts
  • 330 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Mbecker
  • Topic is favorited by 237 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 747 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
Untitled-1.jpg
20160804_204038_(resized).jpg
20160804_204047_(resized).jpg
IMG_2281_(resized).JPG
IMG_2277_(resized).JPG
IMG_2272_(resized).jpg
IMG_2269_(resized).JPG
IMG_2271_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_1309_(resized).jpg
Sega-Speaker_(resized).jpg
Stern-Speakers_(resized).jpg
WhiteLEDS_(resized).jpg
Sopranos-Guards_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ellray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#377 5 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

There was that $500 POTC on the Portland Craigslist.... for sure a scam, but what kind of scam is it?

Lots of CL scans involve harvesting email addresses (I think). These will say "don't use CL contact, email me at [some address]@gmail.com". I've flagged lots of these with machines that are at 10% of their usual asking price.

1 month later
#450 5 years ago

I'm ready to trade out my Joker Poker SS. It has some issues, but plays well and is in decent condition.

The good:
- Beautiful backglass (though the blue film over the score displays has some flaws--easy to replace I think)
- playfield has been touched up and clearcoated with Varathane - Heavy Use Formula - Interior - Water Based, no 200081 (not auto-shop clearcoating, but I think it turned out well)
- all targets are correct and in good shape
- nice keyed locks for both top box and cabinet
- only one chipped plastic--the rest are excellent
- brand new bumper mylars (adhesive type)

The rest:
- cabinet could use touching up--lots of dings and the sides and back lip (that holds the bottom board) has worn away near the back and could use some repair.
- slight centerline warp to playfield
- tilt isn't working
- right lower flipper seems a bit weak (at least with the current setup of the machine--rear legs are 3" levelers on a 2x4!) in spite of having a new coil and complete rebuild (upper right flipper is fine)
- playfield touch-up has some areas that aren't perfect in terms of quality (slight mismatch of colors, eg).
- set to free play

Also comes with many extra targets (a few of them brand new) and plastics. And reprinted Manual.

What I'm looking for (with $$ added in case of trades, of course):
- Iron Man
- Whitewater
- XMen
- Spiderman
- Indianapolis 500
I am not looking for pristine condition, but I'd like the playfield and backglass/dmd to be as nice as possible.

I'm in the Spokane area.

Here are the photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157648196110291/

Let me know if you have trouble viewing the images. I can post them here if necessary.

Post edited by ellray: changed photo location

#458 5 years ago

Anyone know who this is selling a Spiderman in Tualatin? I'm looking for one, but that's a LONG drive from Spokane without being sure it's worthwhile:

portland.craigslist.org link

#466 5 years ago

Yeah, well I haven't heard back from him. He could be busy, or he could want to deal with someone more local (for which I can't blame him). Are there other wear spots to look for other than the Doc Oc magnet and ramp drops?

#469 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

its lonnnng gone

Well, I guess that's the other possibility...no worries. Thanks all--I appreciate the support down there!

#475 5 years ago
Quoted from ellray:

I'm ready to trade out my Joker Poker SS. It has some issues, but plays well and is in decent condition.

My Joker Poker is now spoken for. I'm still looking for one of my wishlist machines:
- Iron Man
- Whitewater
- XMen
- Spiderman
- Indianapolis 500

1 week later
#500 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I'll try to find some details on this game for you. Dustin is a good guy but not a pinball player and it would suck to drive out and be disappointed - something that's likeky.

Got the Spider-man from Dustin. Playfield nice and plays well. On the down side, the middle ramp broke just beyond the ramp protector . So I'm now looking for a middle ramp (and decal...sigh).

I'll probably try epoxy, but I don't see how the epoxy could hold if the ramp itself broke. It wasn't any direct hit, but I think just being struck time and time again that eventually weakened the plastic. Sucks to have something like that happen literally 20 games into a machine, but that's life. (No sign of glue on the break line for any cynics out there.)

#503 5 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Can you glue a separate piece of cut plexi to the bottom of the ramp to give some support and surface area to hold the glue?

That might work--it's tight, but if there's some wiggle room between the adjacent plastic a thin piece could fit there. And there's not too much plastic on the broken piece to attach to. We'll see. The good news is that for $200+ I can get another ramp and decal.

I think this ramp was changed later on and the protector metal part extended significantly.

2 months later
#679 5 years ago
Quoted from smoke:

WOW, nice reply's guys, I tried to be nice and also explained the situation in a way you could understand, and you are still busting my balls, Karma is bitch.

to be clear the game is not in a unheated storage locker, never has.

about had my fill of your bs, grow the fuck up!.

Geez, I actually thought jrivelli's response to the thread was pretty tactful and explained the other reactions. But maybe you were too pissed off at that point to focus.

The asking price really shouldn't be relevant here--there will always be higher and lower prices asked.

It doesn't seem like rocket science, but maybe we need a basic guide to listing/selling, including advice on how to ethically filter through interested buyers to cut the deal. Or maybe this already exists on Pinside?

4 weeks later
#782 5 years ago

PENDING SALE...

OK, on the east side of things (Spokane area), I'm ready to trade out my WCS94 for a deeper pin. My machine is a bit of a player's pin--a few cosmetic flaws, but plays perfectly (OK, excluding the right free-kick cliffy that doesn't lie quite flush). It has a perfect translite, nice playfield (bits of wear around holes and ball drop areas), perfect DMD and OK cabinet. I've also installed LEDs selectively, mainly under the playfield.

The flaws include an obvious hot glue repair of the ramp behind the diverter and a nonstandard wedge supporting the left ramp. I never notice either of these during play--the glue repair is way up top and mostly hidden by the diverter, and the wedge just seems normal.

I've installed cliffys and the next owner might want to adjust the right hole cliffy to lie more flat in front of the hole--the glue didn't hold it down and there is just enough flex from the fasteners to keep it from lying flat; again, this is something that didn't cause me enough grief to warrant more attention. There is also a hex spacer supporting the right ramp near the bottom that has a broken screw stuck in the top, to the ramp just sits on the post. The ramp support is still solid without the screw.

Oh, and I should mention that the goalie recently had a corner of the pad break off, so he's sporting a transparent tape repair around the bottom where the epoxy failed.

I also have extra plastics for it, as well as a box of yellow incandescents (used for the coin toss) and a few random other parts (including a goalie scan of some sort).

Photos can be seen here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157648078779213/

WCS has been a great machine for fun sports-themed play and was brilliant during Christmas, when we had a houseful of kids and adults who all loved it. Unfortunately I'm limited to 3 machines right now, and I need something more compelling long-term than WCS, so it has to go.

I'm hoping to add some cash and trade up to something like: WW, TZ, MB, TOTAN, STTNG, SS, TSPP, Tron, Funhouse, I500, IM, AFM, NBAF.

3 weeks later
#856 5 years ago

I'm feeling way left out up here in Spokane...

2 weeks later
#950 4 years ago
Quoted from apscarpelli:

Hi folks, I'm looking for a Theatre of Magic in the Spokane,Tri-Cities, Boise, Portland, Seattle, or Missoula area. Please PM me if you have one for sale or know of one.
Thanks!

There appears to be a pricey one in Spokane ("about $7700"):

spokane.craigslist.org link

2 weeks later
#1022 4 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Can any of you EM veterans give me your opinion on this Gottlieb Outter Space?
I would love a "space" themed EM for my new and growing collection and was curious what the general impression of this was. There are only two reviews on Pinside so not much to go on there.
Thanks!

I would have gone after this if we'd had space for it at work. I'm maxed out at home with my 3 machines unfortunately. The price is right and it looks like a nice solid EM.

1 month later
#1112 4 years ago

OK, I've got one more slot for a pin. Tempt me with something between Spokane and Seattle inclusive. My wishlist consists of standard classics (minus LOTR, S-M and STTNG, which I own). But I'm open to a well-priced, interesting EM and many other SS machines. This does not have to be a pristine pin, but should have a decent playfield. I just missed out on a nicely-priced POTC this past weekend, which still stings a bit. There's a very local Mata Hari, but I'm not sure that has quite enough going on for me. I will still probably have a look at it though.

#1113 4 years ago

When I say "between Spokane and Seattle", I am also including points north and south that are in similar range. My Grails are Indy 500, Twilight Zone, Attack from Mars, Taxi, Funhouse, Atlantis EM.

2 months later
#1340 4 years ago
Quoted from Jweiler:

Curious if you know and trust that person. The whole "hurry up and give me money for a thing on Craigslist" seems a little sketch. No?

Agreed. Outside of Pinside it's a risky world out there.

I've contacted him (his name is James) and spoken to him on the phone. He seems legit. He says he arranged all this after catching the bug this past January and deciding he needed a way to afford 10 games or so.

My problem is I'm in Spokane, so I can't meet him in person (and I've expressed interest in being an early purchaser). If anyone knows him, or is meeting him, I'd be happy to have some reassurance.

1 week later
#1359 4 years ago

Thanks for the info Dan. Didn't realize that there'd by voltage conversion work to do (I guess I thought these would be sophisticated enough to have a switchable transformer), but hopefully that's not rocket science nor expensive. I think the justification for profiting from these pins is that he's done all the arranging, which seems fair to me. There were great photos of the cosmetic condition on these and comments about operational issues ("no sound", "will not start new game"), so I'm assuming that they will be at least close to their described conditions.

Are these the first 2 containers coming into Seattle/Portland? It would be cool if we could keep these rolling in for awhile. Maybe one loaded up with TZs and MMs... It would be nice if the Northwest could become slightly less a seller's market.

2 months later
#1483 4 years ago
Quoted from Fishbeadtwo:

Thanks for the criticism Freefallnick. If there are issues with our games its nice to hear about firsthand......

If you're serious about wanting to know about your games, you could request player feedback and provide 'Pin Report' forms that allow your players to submit issues they find (or just write down what they tell you). You don't need to fix everything, but it would allow you to get a handle on the number and types of problems players see. Then, with the list of everything you intend to fix, you can prioritize and work on problems in order of seriousness (with some consideration of time/effort to fix). Geez, I sound like a software engineer....

2 weeks later
#1587 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Yes I'd be interested in hearing about the one on pinside.. I got in on the one posted on Craigslist .. Came in late August and was able to pickup last month. Cab pretty worn but pf good and everything worked. Overall happy. 40 pins came I think? Looked like all were in condition described. I don't know if the buyer planned on selling in nw though but a few may show up on c list..

I'm still working through some issues with the AFM that was part of that shipment, and waiting on the backbox light harness from the seller that I failed to retrieve when picking it up. I'm hopeful that the biggest issue will be the SOL hole repair and Extra Ball insert repair/repaint/or redecal. And it didn't turn out to be a bargain, but I'm happy to have it. (It also has a badly-faded cabinet and lock-bar fittings and dented coin door.)

1 month later
#1703 4 years ago

*** SOLD *** and I'll be bringing a new family onto Pinside as well. Thanks guys for being so awesome!
------------------------

I'm ready to move on from my STTNG. Good player's game--excellent playfield but some cosmetic cabinet issues from earlier routing. It has soldered connections in place of the GI connector on the driver board as I've been told is common on Williams games from this era. Plays perfectly--no credit dot. Oh, and slight warping of the Borg ship from flasher heat.

Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157650791271588

Looking for $4500 or trade.

Wantlist: Not AFM, LOTR, or SM (as I have those), but other recent titles would be considered. Higher on my list would be NBA Fastbreak, Indy500, Metallica, TZ, SS, IJ, WW.

#1706 4 years ago

Someone inspecting the backbox is hardly a concern with the soldered connections being clearly pictured in one of my photos. I appreciate the advice, but I have no desire to take up re-pinning (or even pinning) at this point, even though I understand from your comments that it must bring the value of the machine down. My strategy is more "if it ain't broke...", since it's been playing fine since I bought it. My price is anything but set in stone, so therers always room for someone who wants to take the initiative to bring the pin up to code.

#1709 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

I passed on this game when I had first shot at it from the prior owner. (They had another buyer who really wanted this game.) I had just picked up a STTNG from Seattle when this game showed up on Craigslist. I picked the Seattle game up to completely restore and told the prior owner of this STTNG to have you contact me. The cabinet I stripped down was soooo much nicer than this one. Bummer, you could've had a very nice cabinet, and I would've restored the cabinet of your game. Too late now!

Thanks Mike...unfortunate for sure that Nick never told me to contact you. So is the other cabinet gone now? Should I put the future purchaser of this one in touch with you?

I appreciate all advice coming my way. I definitely want to maintain my pins as well as possible, but to replace the soldered (and working perfectly) wires with a new pin set and connector just seems like it would be asking for trouble.

#1719 4 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

It's really easy and the proper way to have it wired. Some people are so afraid of hacks and would pass based on that. GRab t he few $$ in parts and spend 30 min desoldering and pushing the wires into the proper clip. I bet you can do it no biggie

I promise to do this from now on...I've got a sale pending for Friday, and don't want to change anything at this point. I know that the Pinside Community is very supportive of people attempting to do things The Right Way, so almost any task is possible with enough persistence. That's my favorite aspect of Pinside, and I've already informed the purchaser of my STTNG that he'll need to be on here and familiar with the resources.

#1722 4 years ago

Sale went through, so I'm in the market for another pin. Current wishlist:

IJ
I500
NBAF
TZ
Metallica
CV
TSPP
CFTBL
FH.

I'd prefer a player's machine for slightly less $$--nice playfield and at least decent translite, but flawed plastics and cabinet cosmetics are fine. Eastern Washington would be preferable, but I'm willing to travel for the right opportunity. PM me if you've got something.

3 weeks later
#1758 4 years ago
Quoted from dabomb1:

I'm looking for a Blackout, Black Knight, Eight Ball Deluxe. I prefer ones that need work on. I love working on them.

There's a Blackout on PNW Pinball Classifieds:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=988225211269060&set=pcb.1076741829026764&type=3&theater

1 month later
#1900 4 years ago
Quoted from Manhattan:

I don't get it... Are you saying I'm too high or that your selling basically the same machine for the same price? Maybe I'm too high, I didn't think so but I should have put OBO on the price so not to offend.

I think he's saying, "These typically go for south of $2500! If they've appreciated in value, maybe I should put mine on the market as well!" The market will decide whether they have or not (appreciated). And there may have been a hint of skepticism in there.

3 months later
#2154 3 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Looking for an Williams IJ and am hoping someone might have a lead on one or one for sale.
I do not care about cabinet fade but I would like it to be in good working condition.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and I hope you have a great day!

1 month later
#2325 3 years ago

I guess I win for posting this...

award_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#2483 3 years ago

Has anyone checked out Dustin's CFTBL that's on CL right now in Portland? I'm pretty happy with the SM I got from him, but I'm in Spokane and can't get down there to look in person before I buy.

#2487 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Tell him to post or e-mail you some more/better pics. Ha... lame folded up shot... probably doesn't care, going to sell anyway...

He's sent me better pics already--it looks nice with just a bit of wear at the ball drops in the inlanes. He didn't photo everything in great detail, and obviously a first-hand look would be better.

#2503 3 years ago

Road Show for sale in Spokane - $3100. Probably easiest to check out my CL ads (Pinside discount applies):
Xenon that was advertised here sold.
Oh, and I did pick up Dustin's CFTBL from Portland--a couple broken switches, non-working hologram, stripped leg bolt plate, missing translite lock (annoying during moving for sure). I would probably have disclosed this stuff to someone driving 6 hours to buy my pin . The playfield is relatively nice, though.

Added over 3 years ago: Pending sale...

#2515 3 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

Sounds par for the course, is that the one that was for 4500? That's some BS.

I always just hope to be able to get what I pay for pins when I sell (and figure the cost of ownership/playing is the $$ and time I put into improving/fixing them). BTW, the holo sheet is actually in nice shape--still green.

4 months later
#2680 3 years ago

Creature from the Black Lagoon, Spokane area - excellent player's example (see marketplace ad for details) - $4700 / trade. Looking for:
- Cirqus Voltaire
- Indiana Jones (Williams - The Pinball Adventure)
- Ghostbusters
- Indy 500
- Metallica
- Wizard of Oz
- Monster Bash
- Medieval Madness
- Twilight Zone
- Tales of the Arabian Nights

Archived after 34 days
Sold elsewhere
Machine - For Trade
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Plays perfectly--no credit dot. Decent playfield, solid ramps, new rubbers and pinballs, clean lamps and inserts, nice clean backbox, translite and bottom box, still-green hologra...”
2016-12-27
Liberty Lake, WA
Trade

#2683 3 years ago

Looking to buy something off my wishlist:
- Cirqus Voltaire
- Indiana Jones (Williams - The Pinball Adventure)
- Indy 500
- Wizard of Oz
- Monster Bash
- Medieval Madness
- Twilight Zone
- Tales of the Arabian Nights
- The Machine: Bride of Pinbot

I'm willing to travel a bit for the right machine/price. If nothing is available, I'll likely be pulling the trigger on a new Ghostbusters Pro. I'm in the Spokane (Eastern WA) area.

#2685 3 years ago

The combination of drive/price/machine allows me to let that one go, but thanks for the heads-up!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 24.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.00
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 23.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Iron Monger Decal Out of stock
Flashinstinct

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ellray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside