IMG_2271_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_1309_(resized).jpg
Sega-Speaker_(resized).jpg
Stern-Speakers_(resized).jpg
WhiteLEDS_(resized).jpg
Sopranos-Guards_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Humph.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#707 9 years ago

I would be interested, still available?

#708 9 years ago

I would be interested, still available?
(Corvallis area)

#711 9 years ago

Will do Z-head.
Always good to have fellow pinheads

#713 9 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

The Humph is easy pickins - he came in dead last in the rookie tournament @ the PNW pin show in Tacoma this year. beat by by a girl of all things.
Yeah, so I got eliminated by a little kid, at least I was not last......

Two girls actually, but at least the year before I was 24th or something close to that.
Needless to say Dasvis and I are pinbuds, but don't listen to him -- he's just jealous.

#715 9 years ago

Yes, a Merry X-mas to all from a new member as of today!
May your high scores be unbeatable.

#729 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

And TWDLE is sold. I actually had the most fun playing it I've ever had when we played two player yesterday

Thumbs up & thx to Markmon.
Bought the TWD LE yesterday afternoon and it was every bit as good as stated by Mark.

Helluva game room by the way. Sorry to put up a #3 high score on your AFM (could you tell me what is was, please? -- it was a personal best & I've only played it a few times). I'm sure my initials will be gone soon.

Looked at a POTC recently in Eugene and the seller (on CL -- I know, beware!) wasn't truthful on his description about its condition (nothing like a pile of black J-B weld to fix a right ramp issue and low res pics so you couldn't see it). Wasted trip.

Quoted from dasvis:

Humph said he had to sneak TWDLE into his pinroom at midnight, don't think he has told the wife yet.

Yeah, had to sneak the pin in late last night after the War Dep't (wife) went to bed.

#731 9 years ago
Quoted from Blairally:

That particular eugene seller would be Jamie from amusement unlimited. Eugenes shittiest operator selling their abused and neglected pins for top dollar to any sucker they can.

Yep, that's the one, although I met up with someone else (Jerry?). Wasn't clear when I talked with a person on the phone that it was an operator selling the machine until I got there. Then saw the $4500 POTC (actually POS) & its JB weld repair. Who knows what else has been 'field fixed'. Never again for Amusement Unlimited -- wasn't amused.

#733 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Doesn't sound like that was a machine Jerry was selling, did you go to a residence to look at it? Sounds like Jamie was selling his own machine.

Pretty sure it was a routed machine that came in from the field (1 of 3) as per Jerry. Looked at it in a warehouse on River Ave where a bunch of other pins were being fixed. Had a gigantic plexi shield that screwed onto the left return ramp to prevent airballs into the ship, something that would be on a field fixed routed machine.

I understand the coin op business aspect of fix 'em & get 'em out there fast so they generate income, but price must meet the quality/history of the pin. Seller needs to be up front in the ad that this is router and not waste everyone's time.

#736 9 years ago

Ok River road is Jerrys shop, the pic in the add looked like it was in a private home. I have bought a few pins from Jerry and all of them are routed as he is an operator but he as always treated me well.

Yeah, I agree, one of the things that led me to believe it was not routed was the pic .. looked like someone's home, but nothing against Jerry .. had a good time talking pin w/ him.

#738 9 years ago

Thx, so it is. Never saw one of these before on previous POTCs I've played, should've checked out ipdb.
Kinda takes away from the game IMHO.

#740 9 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Humph, you played that new pin yet?

Finally got three games in today. Only claim to fame was that I got the Riot champion.
Otherwise, just a 91 mil game (for now). Highest score I have on TWD LE was at Coin Jam in Salem a few weeks back (man that was fun with all the stacked multiballs).

WD.jpgWD.jpg
#746 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I'm thinking of adding an EM to the lineup.
Never had one before but I figure I should try one .
I have an Embryon or a High Speed for trade (+/- cash if needed) or a straight cash sale is fine too.
Thanks,
John

Just curious, what shape is the Embryon in & how much?
(and if you really want to go to the EM dark side, get a wedgehead)

1 week later
#771 9 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Finally made it over to Humph's place to try out that TWDLE - nice game!
Set high score at about 244,700,000 he was pissed.

No, not pissed, but will be re-attaching the pendulum weight on the tilt mechanism.
A whole lot of ridiculous (but fun) slidin' was going on last night 'til 3:30 a.m.
My wrists are still sore....and I feel like a Walker

7 months later
#1455 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Have to say played these and not only is Markmon a stellar host and guy, his games are top notch! I really want the bop but just ordered the kit!

100% in agreement with that. Bought my TWD LE from him Dec 2014 & played some of his pins there. They are all stellar as was the one I purchased. If I buy another pin I'm bringing my sleeping bag so I can play more of his collection!!

2 weeks later
#1498 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I just sold Medieval Madness, Shadow, bop2.0, Cirqus Voltaire, tales Arabian nights, Guns n Roses, Champion Pub.
I find myself enjoying the sterns way more. Only Williams left are Johnny Mnemonic, Attack from Mars, Cactus Canyon continued, Monster Bash, Star Trek next generation, White Water, and Revenge From Mars.
In my quest to cut back I even added Transformers pro and Avengers back in.

Nothin' like selling the children...

3 months later
#1742 8 years ago

I am looking for a MET Premium, please PM.

1 week later
#1771 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

I am looking for a MET Premium, please PM.

No longer looking.

#1773 8 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Oh why, do tell.

Methinks you already know....

3 weeks later
#1863 8 years ago

Don't relish the idea, but will probably have to sell my RBION at $3450 (unless I knock out a wall & add on, hmmmm). Super nice & in excellent condition, HUO (as far as I know), and no playability issues -- everything working properly.

Local pickup. Cash only, no trades please.

PM if interested or want more info.

2 weeks later
#1916 8 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Stopped at Humph's place last night & we broke in his new MET Premium. Played 'till 4am, drank more than a few whiskey's.
Sorry about setting the Grand champion score, but it will give you something to shoot for.
Humph, are you still selling your Ripley's?
Dasvis

Definitely something to shoot for, dammit - whiskey helped to a point, then not.
Ripley's on hold for now.

#1919 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Cleaning out some of my old parts that have no use.
I am not taking additional parts requests at this time.
All parts are FREE, but I have no interest in shipping.
Local pickup ONLY if located in the Vancouver, WA (greater Portland, OR region).
One(1) SET, USED UNDAMAGED Stern Late Model Hinges (Left and Right)
Stern part #535-7999-00 and #535-7999-01
Superb replacements if yours have problems or you want to repaint them.
Three(3), USED 21X43X3/16" standard pinball glasses
Scratches but no chips, usable for a replacement
One(1), USED 21X41.5X3/16" Bally EM pinball playfield glass (metal frame style)
Scratches on one end, no chips, needs cleaning on edges where the rubber seals were attached, usable for a replacement
One(1) SET, USED Early Bally side rails
51.4" long Bally stainless steel side rail set used on many games from 1974 to 1981. Each of these side rails has a total of 9 nail holes (8 on the side and one on the top at the back), and 2 square carriage bolt holes (1 at the front and 1 at the back).
Bally reference numbers P-931-76, P-921-77.
Midway reference numbers 036-00178-0100 & 036-00178-0200
Scratches and dents, no issues with curled lips, could be used for project.
Sitting in the heavy cardboard tube.
If no interest in the next couple of weeks, most of the parts will be recycled.
See you around the tech forums.

Hey TBK,

Welcome back & thx for the parts offer.
Have to check the condition of my Silverball Mania rails.

#1927 8 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Check the condition of the playfield while you are there.......

It's still half natural wood grain w/ specks of playfield coloring....as you know

3 weeks later
#1960 8 years ago

Great condition and quality title game.
Clear, solid, and detailed photos.
Would not mind owning another.
Tempted to drop you the cash.

Bought my RBION from bkaelin last year as I live close by.
Good transaction.

#1971 8 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Take a Deep Breath and relax. Pinside is not a Territorial site , rather a Community to share ideas, machines for sale , etc.
I have bought from and sold to many fine Pinsiders in your area.We all never seemed to have the problem you have .

Disagree -- If I want to look for/share ideas, thoughts, etc. about Metallica, I don't post (or look for ideas) in an AC/DC thread.

Same reasoning goes for the the Pacific NW thread, otherwise there's no sense in having named threads.

#1974 8 years ago

Complete, original USED EBD plastic set.
(Screened plastics only)
Top right plastic chipped in lower corner mounting point, but not noticeable with mounting screw and proper small washer.
The remaining plastics, unbroken, and non-yellowed.
Again, only screened plastics, no clear.
No metal standoffs included, as they were reused.
$65 takes entire set.
Good for a restoration project.
Photos provided as necessary, as they currently are in a plastic bag on my parts shelf.
Pickup or shipping, buyer choice.

I'm very intetested.

#1975 8 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

I'm very intetested.

Complete, original USED EBD plastic set.
(Screened plastics only)
Top right plastic chipped in lower corner mounting point, but not noticeable with mounting screw and proper small washer.
The remaining plastics, unbroken, and non-yellowed.
Again, only screened plastics, no clear.
No metal standoffs included, as they were reused.
$65 takes entire set.
Good for a restoration project.
Photos provided as necessary, as they currently are in a plastic bag on my parts shelf.
Pickup or shipping, buyer choice.

Please send photos to my personal e-mail if you would TBK. Are plastic sets different for different EBD production years? If not, I'm all over this as I have a preorder in with CPR & also need plastics desperately for my EBD.
I forget what year mine is as it's been in hibernation for a few years

#1977 8 years ago
Quoted from Woodman_2000:

Where did you find these button guards? Would love to cover up the wear spots on my TSPP.

Pinball Life has them for $59.00. Just installed them on my MET - they look & fit perfectly.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1747

Fits all Stern machines from 1999 to present.
Product ID : 535-9596-00_535-9596-01

#1978 8 years ago

ok you got me over a barrel! I will trade this highly modded freshly unboxed TWD LE for your BBB
(I will even deliver it)
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

Sacrilege I say - breaking up the best pair of pins to come along in a great while ?!?!
The children (pins) will never forgive you ...

3 months later
#2411 7 years ago

Since there is so much controversy & opinion as to what constitutes the "Pacific Northwest", I'd let the OP decide what the intent and boundaries are and have a moderator enforce it.

Could always start a "Bay Area Buyer's/Seller's Thread" and the target area would be pretty clear to *most* everyone.

#2416 7 years ago
1 month later
#2532 7 years ago

Vancouver "One Day Glass" - $40 for standard tempered size, one day pickup, online ordering.

How about a source for PDI glass that's reasonable?

#2540 7 years ago

Recently there were backlogs on availability, which I have not checked to see if there have been changes.
Another factor is that the only way to get good reductions in price through suppliers is bulk shipments, to reduce shipping costs, instead of individual sheets.
This is speciality playfield glass.
No glass producer has the propriety rights to create it. This is not window polarized glass. It may be possible to recreate the anti glare properties, but I have never asked.
Most importantly, this glass is PRODUCED in Germany, not the USA.
This is important to understand.
There are no "local" suppliers here only what is imported, unless Pinball Decals, Inc has outsourced to other providers now to increase production for sales.

Thx TBK,

I didn't know PDI glass was made in Deutschland.

Sounds like one would have to do a group purchase to obtain a reasonable cost.

3 years later
#3510 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Man I hate this whole social justice warrior movement. The issue is between the women and Tommy, if she wants to pursue legal action she has every right to do that. This thing that everyone sitting at a keyboard needs to stand up for every women like they are a wilting flower is so disingenuous. Has she asked you to be her champion and go around trolling Tommy trying to ruin his business or are you just taking up this crusade on your own?

Erin never asked me to be her champion (I don't even know her), but my morals & ethics know better than to minimize or condone lewd/criminal behavior by Tommy that some who have eyewitnessed it before said has been going on for years.

As far as the business, Tommy did the damage himself and simply having his wife take his place doesn't cut it for me, especially since the apologetic Pinside postings and business changes were viewed as having been Tommy hiding behind his wife's avatar. The NW Pinball show organizers stepped up morally to counter Tommy's actions - I suppose they are responsible for ruining Nitro's business as well.

Nitro can post all they want on Pinside, but I'll look elsewhere to buy, plenty of other places to choose from - my wallet won't be supporting Nitro's behavior.

#3512 4 years ago

All KHL did was post a one sentence "buyer beware" comment w/ a link as to why - no "crusading" was done.
It could/should have been done right then & there.

#3514 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Oh man, I so don't agree. He totally screwed over our local show. Waking up to his bombshell a few hours before our doors opened while Evening Magazine was filming live inside, with piles of emails and messages about it, was a nightmare to deal with, especially for me doing the promotions for the show. We've worked hard to make our women's pinball tournament a huge national event and our show kid friendly, suddenly women and families felt unsafe with him there. He also did this in another show sponsor's bar, I woke up also to messages from them asking me what we were going to do about it. There was so much damage control we had to do because of him. And Tommy never apologized to me or the show at all, his apology to Erin was "sorry if you were offended," and that's not a real apology at all. Tommy's actions basically ruined my weekend and tainted the entire show this past June. And I got to field so many crazy hate messages from a couple of his friends when we booted him as a sponsor of the women's pinball tournament. What jerks. These things don't happen in a vacuum and only effect 2 people, in this case it effected one of the largest women's pinball tournaments in the world, cost our show $5,000, effected other sponsors, promotions/marketing, ticket sales and more.
If he made a sincere apology to the woman and the show it would have been a good first step. His actions after the fact, and Nitro threatening to sue other people and businesses if they talked about it was downright awful. Everyone makes mistakes, what really shows what type of a person you are is how you handle things after you make a mistake.

Can't thank you guys enough for making the NW Pinball & Arcade show the huge success it is & I've attended all of them except the first 2-3 years. Sorry you had to deal with the fallout (due to, of all people, a sponsor!) - didn't know it became such a burden.

Given his age & the eyewitness accounts of others, Tommy's behavior last June isn't just an isolated occurrence and almost always has a rich prior history that goes with it.

I guess some people are willing to forget about it after a mere 5 months have passed and buy his products, but for me shit like this sticks forever to the person that attracted it, even more so when you make a half-hearted & pathetic "it's not really me" apology in an attempt to laugh off what happened.

Perhaps those that don't understand the gravity of the situation are the ones that need to volunteer at women's shelters and learn about why they exist. I have learned through my wife who has volunteered.

#3517 4 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

darscot Nah, we can go ahead and keep it public. Did you happen to forget how his wife (supposed President of nitropinballusa) decided to further harass the community over this issue? I guess so but these people don't deserve my money, that's a fact. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nitro-pinball-apparently-still-harassing-women-via-social-media-

Missed that thread - until now. Don't have enough popcorn for that thread, however short it was !
Gotta get on Pinside more.

JHC, no wonder Tommy Momm's account was frozen.

Cements my decision to never, ever buy from Nitro & let others know.

#3518 4 years ago

I think Next Level pinball sales shop & museum in Hillsboro, OR would be a great sponsor for the NW Pinball show.

Don't know if Next Level or NW are interested in such a partnership, but I've met & talked with the Next Level owner & his father - good people, far as I can tell.

1 year later
#3843 3 years ago

Buy w/ confidence from Droptargets.
Picked up the LOTR as a repeat customer.

Quoted from Droptargets:

Have some pins for sale
Indy williams 7300 color display leds
Demo man 3000 LEDs rottendog cpu
Lord of the rings 6500 looks like huo
Twilight zone 7500 color display, LEDs
Tales from the crypt 3500 leds
Turtles le 8000 125 plays
Attack from mars bally 6200

10 months later
#4039 2 years ago

Yes, pin prices have gone up, but over the years I've collected it's commonly been a steady increase, not jumps of thousands of dollars in short time frames which don't last long.

The prices people have been witnessing at some auctions are a bit unprecedented unless one believes Bad Cats @ 12K is a new normal.

It is kind of like the current housing market, a bubble ready to burst that eventually will, and pricing comes down to earth.

Quoted from beauimpala:

I’ve been on pinside for more than most and couldn’t tell you how many threads I’ve seen over the years of people astonished at pinball prices going up. Prices have been going up for more than 15 years straight without there ever really being a price correction. Prices go up as the money or dollar bill that we use becomes less valuable. People will always pay for scarce things that are desirable. The market is speaking and people will pay up obviously. This should really come as no surprise as the governments devalue our money at an alarming rate. Year after year pin prices go up.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Humph.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pacific-northwest-buyerssellers-thread?tu=Humph and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.