IMG_2271_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_1309_(resized).jpg
Sega-Speaker_(resized).jpg
Stern-Speakers_(resized).jpg
WhiteLEDS_(resized).jpg
Sopranos-Guards_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BC_Gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#217 9 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Anyone looking at selling WH2O or AC/DC?

Me for acdc. But I am in canada and have travel, exchange and then pay import taxes. That being said I am all over the right deal

2 weeks later
#237 9 years ago

My Centaur is for sale (I am in Victoria BC) asking $2500. I also still have the extra CPR rescreened playfield, mirrored plastics and backglass that could be worked into the deal if desired. $3500 for the whole shebang.

Here is a link to some hopefully decent pics:

http://1drv.ms/1pE224y

Also, I am now looking for a pinbot topper and plastics set in decent shape (or at the least hopefully pinbot slings).

Would also be interested in trade towards an ACDC or possibly other games (it can't hurt to throw an offer my way), but with having to pay tax on the full value as I go across the border I can see that being a challenge

2 weeks later
#271 9 years ago
Quoted from UvulaBob:

I know this is a buyer and seller thread, but does anyone have info on where I can rent a machine from on a long-term basis? I've looked a few places up and have gotten less than awesome service at each of them.

I am surprised this would be a service that exists, especially at an economical rate. Most of us owners are really just renting our games when you look at things on a long enough horizon.

#289 9 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

Im renting out my Met and my LOTR to a guy in the same buildingas me for his wedding--- 12 hrs $500 bones

That makes sense to me, but how much would you charger per month for potentially say 6 months?

Not $500 per 12 hours, but something a consumer is willing to pay is probably not worth my time to come in for emergency repairs like "the ball is stuck on the balrog" or "a light went out".

I would also need insurance, possibly beyond the normal liability insurance for injury? Can you imagine a smoked coil burning all day while a person left their game on "just because". Mmmm... electronic smoke smell all over the house

Plus you could cause damage schlepping the game in and out of the house, and they can damage their house (primarily flooring) or the game moving it themselves. And obviously the game could get "lost" and the client could move etc...

Add that all up and the amount I would have to charge per month for a game like LoTR would make NOT just purchasing it yourself seem crazy after 3-4 months.

I can at least see arcade cabs being more reasonable due to being cheaper and having less stuff to break / smoke out.

Basically for all the same reasons that pinball lost to arcades in the early 80's.

1 month later
#329 9 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Still looking for a Flash Gordon to retheme. Prefer it mostly if not 100% working. Cosmetics not a big concern.
I am also considering selling or trading my WCS and or TFTC. If you have a flash gordon I would do part cash and part trade.
PM if interested.

FWIW I still am working on my first project FG; I anticipate a month or so to see if it is working though...

2 months later
#473 9 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

Good price, that won't last

Yeah, at that price the "game" is pretty much free. Displays and boards are worth ~ what, $400 on a bad day?

1 week later
#502 9 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Can you glue a separate piece of cut plexi to the bottom of the ramp to give some support and surface area to hold the glue?

OR maybe a crapton of Bondic? I'm crazy enough to try that, though using a clear stiff backer to help out is a very logical choice.

#506 9 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Games for trade or sale....
Avengers LE Blue (nice mods) $4550
Fish Tales (no topper...sorry) $2200
Video pin ( nice Widebody, 3 screen game) $2800
Also have some arcades: 4 player Madden 2nd season $1100
Gauntlet Legends 4 player(also has dark legacy board) $1100
Big Buck Hunter Pro (with buck hunter world upgraded) $1900
Silver strike 2009 (bowling arcade) $675
All open to trades,

Nice price on the AVLE... even from this Canadian's perspective that is tempting! I just bought a SM, so am out of the game for a bit but damn!

#511 9 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

You could sell me the SM, liberating funds for the AVLE

After only owning it ~3-4 weeks definitely not ready to move on...

#522 9 years ago
Quoted from AbacusMan:

Man, your like a shifty lawyer. Skewing the facts, deleting posts, or entire threads. It just seams that your never in the wrong.
Maybe this is a big misunderstanding, or maybe it's not. I get the just that your only in the for making deals if you have the upper hand in the transaction.
If some one is reading this and you have done a trade with Oro and you feel like he wasn't rude or shady, thumbs down this posts. If you think my view on him has some truth, thumbs up this post.
With what I have seen, my view won't change, others can change my view. I can be wrong, this can just be a big misunderstanding. I also think that as a seller, you might lack in many tools or skills. I know as a buyer, I too lack many tools and a few skills
As in for the whole yard sale thing...I can't let that go, like ever. It's just to funny. Really...Who sells a pinball at a yard sale?

FWIW I have seen pinballs at two yard sales, neither "sold" though as far as I know. Not sure if it adds much, I HOPE what has been documented is just a misunderstanding, but if shadyness is happening then that is unfortunate.

The pinball world is too small to hold many grudges, but I understand why they happen (even in a small community there can be some bad apples, the best you can do is to be the best person you can be when doing transactions and avoid the few jerks out there).

3 weeks later
#569 9 years ago
Quoted from UvulaBob:

I've got a cabinet from some kind of old EM game that I was going to make a Virtual Pin out of, but ain't nobody got time for that. Free to the first person to PM me and then take it away. The other junk on it is mine, though. PM me for an address.

IMG_1919.JPG 175 KB

Nice cabinet. If it was not for the ferry ride, I would pick that up at the very least for the back cabinet metal piece

6 months later
#1159 8 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

You guys going to the nw pinball show in tacoma in 3 weeks? Is it fun?

If you enjoy pinball and live in the western part of the continent, a strong argument could be made it is the pinball event of the year (that being said I have never made it to the Pacific Pinball Museum / California Extreme etc...

If you enjoy mostly perfect playing games for days on end with fellow enthusiasts without having to wait in heinous lines... it is fun

#1177 8 years ago

I remember it not seeming that long ago "shadow was a $1000 game folks".

I have been tempted to start a thread for people to discuss the games you could not previously give away, but now seem to be selling for double or triple where they were prior to pins getting hot again. FT, JD, ?

3 years later
#3162 5 years ago

Cross posting my "located in Victoria, BC" Black Knight from the Canada thread:
Putting my Black Knight up for sale; game is located in Victoria.

It has a CPR playfield installed, and I put the extra effort into replacing all four flipper mechs with fresh WPC mechanisms, as the Williams System 7 versions did not have replaceable coil stops.

This Black Knight shoots really well, and is in fantastic shape.

The biggest physical flaw I am aware of is the bottom rear of the cabinet is a bit chipped from moving around. Everything else in the game is really nice IMO, especially considering this game is getting close to being 40 years old.

The reason I am selling? Having had the game for 10 years, I think it is time for some new blood in the gameroom. I may have become too good at it over the years, though I can still have it kick my butt often enough to put a smile on my face.

Many many pics included in the onedrive folder below:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aou7HguTl0JigawivMFzTqMkJEyjYQ

Asking $4500 Canadian (~$3400 US). Open to reasonable offers!

1 week later
#3169 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Did you ever turn on switch 37? Feels like a new game...
-mof

Yes, I did try that and other settings, and it definitely improved the game for me, but at this point it is just time to bring some new blood into the gameroom. A bit of a shame, but it will also be nice thinking about what to put in its place (when it eventually sells).

Definitely thank you for the tip, I did have that setting off for many years, and while good for newer players it did make it too easy for me.

1 year later
#3479 4 years ago
Quoted from plgg3:

Looking to reduce some of my coin op collection , I have too much. Have been collecting and repairing EM for years. Everything from puck bowlers to vending machines.

List it and price it; I am sure some or all of it will move eventually!

Or do an open house / garage sale thing, or just try to move it all in bulk to a resellser?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BC_Gambit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pacific-northwest-buyerssellers-thread?tu=BC_Gambit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.