IMG_2271_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_1309_(resized).jpg
Sega-Speaker_(resized).jpg
Stern-Speakers_(resized).jpg
WhiteLEDS_(resized).jpg
Sopranos-Guards_(resized).jpg
There are 4,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 95.
#4001 2 years ago
Quoted from Flyfalcons:

TSPP for, um, 12K?
seattle.craigslist.org link

I was curious if anyone here inquired about that one. NIB is cool but 12k WHEW.

#4002 2 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

I was curious if anyone here inquired about that one. NIB is cool but 12k WHEW.

Yeah and the batteries have probably leaked everywhere by now.

1 week later
#4003 2 years ago
Quoted from n1teowl:

Yeah and the batteries have probably leaked everywhere by now.

it's just a little battery acid, it's still good, it's still good!

#4004 2 years ago
Quoted from Chet_Hardbody:

it's just a little battery acid, it's still good, it's still good!

At that price, replacing the board isn't really that much more of an expense.

#4005 2 years ago

As others, I too am in the market for a Ghostbusters Premium or LE, if anyone has a lead

#4006 2 years ago

Anyone thinking of getting something from the Museum of Pinball auction in Banning California? Maybe it could work like a Italy buy, someone drives a U-Haul up from the area and we share the cost.

for info: https://www.facebook.com/MuseumOfPinball

to bid on a machine: https://bid.captainsauctionwarehouse.com/m/view-auctions/catalog/id/80

#4007 2 years ago

If the current Italy prices are any indication then I shudder to think of what the 'B' and 'C' level Williams/Bally machines will sell for right now, let alone the 'A' titles.

#4008 2 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Anyone thinking of getting something from the Museum of Pinball auction in Banning California? Maybe it could work like a Italy buy, someone drives a U-Haul up from the area and we share the cost.
to bid on a machine: https://bid.captainsauctionwarehouse.com/m/view-auctions/catalog/id/80

I don't think anything will be cheap on this sale plus the auction fees. The only thing going in our PNW favor is distance and shipping for other people would make some machines out of their desired price range. But, the volume of machines also makes some machines (lesser desired ones) likely appropriately priced. There will be no "deals" certainly no "steals" I have bought from the Captain's Auction before I did OK and was satisfied with what I paid. If your looking for something not rare I am sure it should be OK priced.

Just a guess but I am sure someone will make the drive.

#4009 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

If the current Italy prices are any indication then I shudder to think of what the 'B' and 'C' level Williams/Bally machines will sell for right now, let alone the 'A' titles.

Are you guys still doing buys, I need a project. Anyone got a project in the backlog that maybe they are willing to move. I don't think I can drive down yet but I think you guys can drive up so shouldn't be too much longer.

#4010 2 years ago
Quoted from mark532011:

Prices are likely to be high. Even if they aren't, the logistics costs of getting said machine up here not to mention all of the added auction fees will put the game cost over the top.

I have no plans on bidding at all. You guys have at it.

#4011 2 years ago

will be fun to watch but yeah, auction + 25% fee + shipping won't make for any good deal.

#4012 2 years ago

I am interested in picking up a Deadpool Prem if anybody in the PNW has one they are considering selling.

#4013 2 years ago

I like @mark532011's idea about sharing the cost of transporting machines from the auction. The 18% fee on top of the "hammer price" is steep, but maybe bidders will keep it in mind when deciding on their max bids.

If someone with experience bulk transporting machines will be bidding on them and driving them to the Seattle area, I'll pay my part of the transit cost (based on percentage of total size/weight being transported), a convenience fee for bidding on my behalf ($10 per machine not won, $50 per machine won), and a home garage delivery fee. So far I'm interested in their Banzai Run (it probably doesn't have the XR-7 lower playfield I'm hoping for, but from what I can see in the photos it looks like it's in great condition) and their Bubbles arcade game.

On a related note, Seattle-area people, if you have a fantastic condition Banzai Run or Frank Thomas' Big Hurt that you're willing to sell and deliver, please contact me through the Pinside "wanted" ads I've posted for them

#4014 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I am interested in picking up a Deadpool Prem if anybody in the PNW has one they are considering selling.

You're not the only one.

#4015 2 years ago

FYI
Penske is much cheaper than Uhaul for long truck trips.

#4016 2 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

You're not the only one.

You're not the only one.

#4017 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogojohnnyquack:

You're not the only one.

You guys definitely don't want DP, it's a total crap game. I am more than happy to take one for the team however haha.

#4018 2 years ago

I was going to drive down for the auction anyway, so had a quick peek at truck rental. It doesn't look cost effective: the big problem is the mileage, over 1,000 mi one way and also takes 2 days to make the drive. That means 7-day rental and 2,100+ miles, and then add fuel too at 12mpg. Penske is $1.29/mi, Budget is $0.89. Maybe doing a one-way rental would work better, but need 2 people to go down then at least. I suppose could do a one-way myself and rent a trailer too to tow the car back.

I know someone with a truck & trailer, will see if he wants to go down. Anyone else have a good vehicle / trailer? I've done that drive several times, and also drive the big trucks for the NWPAS.

#4019 2 years ago

Last time I did Penske one way it was by day not by mile…granted it was a few years ago but it was way cheaper than uhaul by the mule

#4020 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Last time I did Penske one way it was by day not by mile…granted it was a few years ago but it was way cheaper than uhaul by the mule

Uhauls charging by the MULE?! Damn, that will add up. . 1way with the truck def. makes more sense.. probably practically cheaper to fly down then drive back?

1 week later
#4021 2 years ago

FYI - if anyone is thinking of buying from the Banning Pacific Pinball Museum auction and shipping the machine(s), I contacted Beltman Integrated Logistics (one of the ones on the websites recommended list) about shipping pins up to Bellingham area. I would think Seattle might be a little cheaper.

Machine will be corner boarded, blanket wrapped shrink wrapped at time of pick up. We do not palletize unless the customer would like it palletized with a fee of $65. Packing is included in the price.
Price for 1 - $575.80
Price for 2 - $658.96 - definitely cheaper to go multiple!

They only need 24-48 hours notice, so if successful in bidding you can contact them and get it done within the time window.

they said: *Quote is based on tractor trailer accessibility and no stairs

#4022 2 years ago

damn, $575 from SoCal looks like Beltman price went up again...

#4023 2 years ago

if multiple people were going to bid, the per-person price would be pretty low. Is anyone planning to bid?

#4024 2 years ago
Quoted from hisokajp:

damn, $575 from SoCal looks like Beltman price went up again...

It's crazy, when we ship games to the US from Italy they run $200-$250 a game (although that's for a full container). I think if I bought a game in this auction, I'd road trip it and spend a week in California. I spent 2 weeks there at Joshua Tree, Sequoia, and other national parks in Spring and it was fantastic, stretch a pinball pickup into a rad trip!

#4025 2 years ago

Interesting data…
Containers shipped from China now cost $18,000 a container.
In March 2021 (this year) was $6000.

Idk Europe price data but I’m sure that cost is up too.

#4026 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Interesting data…
Containers shipped from China now cost $18,000 a container.
In March 2021 (this year) was $6000.
Idk Europe price data but I’m sure that cost is up too.

For sure, I don't see us doing a pinball shipping container in the near future because of the rise in shipping costs. Our last one we got together about a year ago, and costs were climbing every day and ended up being like an extra $100-$150 per pin. It's only climbed from there! It sounds like it may take years before shipping catches back up and the price drops.

1 week later
#4027 2 years ago

Wow, the Bubbles arcade cabinet at the auction sold for way more than I expected...if any of you have one (either the wooden full-size or cabaret version) in great condition that you're willing to sell and deliver to the Seattle area, please message me

#4028 2 years ago

I'd say that was true for the whole first day of the auction. Everything seemed to go for more than I've seen locally. I'm still watching like a hawk, but it looks like too many whales are bidding there.

#4029 2 years ago

Spirit only went for 6300, I was surprised by that.

Quoted from MightyBean:

I'd say that was true for the whole first day of the auction. Everything seemed to go for more than I've seen locally. I'm still watching like a hawk, but it looks like too many whales are bidding there.

#4030 2 years ago

Bargain of the day was the 10k rocky, plus fees

#4031 2 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

Spirit only went for 6300, I was surprised by that.

clearly not "too" crazy compared to the Rocky lol

#4032 2 years ago

Really started paying attention to the pricing at the auction last night when they got to the 90s machines. It’s complete insanity. I wonder how many of the bidders will fail to pay when they realize they’ve double the going value for the machines they won.

On another note, I was hoping to catch someone driving up the coast to add a machine to their uhaul but I’m thinking most of the folks on here aren’t part of the group overpaying for the machines in Banning. If anyone knows of any trips coming up the coast from SoCal, please let me know. The shipping companies want $550 and that’s a little too steep for me.

#4033 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Bargain of the day was the 10k rocky, plus fees

You mean BTTF for $13.5k?

#4034 2 years ago

how do we message the next auction crowd to check pinside for games? we could sell all our used games and get new games, (or a vacation home)

#4035 2 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

how do we message the next auction crowd to check pinside for games? we could sell all our used games and get new games, (or a vacation home)

Or both!

#4036 2 years ago

You mean games at the Banning sale like...

Bad Cats at $12,000+
Hercules at $22,000+

That's Crazy $$$

#4037 2 years ago

You'd need to hire a skilled publicist/PR rep, which is obviously what Captain's Auctions did (money well spent as it even garnered a NY Times mention!). My assumption is that they dropped a pretty decent fee on up front promotion, unless one can create real FOMO and blow the games out in a livestream like they did it's not even worth attempting to replicate it.

Quoted from oropuro:

#4038 2 years ago

I’ve been on pinside for more than most and couldn’t tell you how many threads I’ve seen over the years of people astonished at pinball prices going up. Prices have been going up for more than 15 years straight without there ever really being a price correction. Prices go up as the money or dollar bill that we use becomes less valuable. People will always pay for scarce things that are desirable. The market is speaking and people will pay up obviously. This should really come as no surprise as the governments devalue our money at an alarming rate. Year after year pin prices go up.

#4039 2 years ago

Yes, pin prices have gone up, but over the years I've collected it's commonly been a steady increase, not jumps of thousands of dollars in short time frames which don't last long.

The prices people have been witnessing at some auctions are a bit unprecedented unless one believes Bad Cats @ 12K is a new normal.

It is kind of like the current housing market, a bubble ready to burst that eventually will, and pricing comes down to earth.

Quoted from beauimpala:

I’ve been on pinside for more than most and couldn’t tell you how many threads I’ve seen over the years of people astonished at pinball prices going up. Prices have been going up for more than 15 years straight without there ever really being a price correction. Prices go up as the money or dollar bill that we use becomes less valuable. People will always pay for scarce things that are desirable. The market is speaking and people will pay up obviously. This should really come as no surprise as the governments devalue our money at an alarming rate. Year after year pin prices go up.

#4040 2 years ago

Anyone got a lah in decent shape in Seattle/Tacoma area? Was hoping to catch Judas Priest oct 2nd in Everett but looks like border will remain closed for the foreseeable future….

#4041 2 years ago

Seattle's Second Use store has a Chicago Coin "Astronaut" with 42,000 plays or so, for $950. Saturday is supposed to be a 20% off sale.

https://www.seconduse.com/inventory/items/882055-S/chicago-coin-astronaut-pinball-machine/

It's nice in some ways and needs help in others, but it's a far piece from the $4k EM's at the auction!

#4042 2 years ago
Quoted from clodpole:

Seattle's Second Use store has a Chicago Coin "Astronaut" with 42,000 plays or so, for $950. Saturday is supposed to be a 20% off sale.
https://www.seconduse.com/inventory/items/882055-S/chicago-coin-astronaut-pinball-machine/
It's nice in some ways and needs help in others, but it's a far piece from the $4k EM's at the auction!

Are EM's even worth that much? Seems a little high for an EM, unless mint or super collectible. I love the art on EM's but I live in the real world and don't a museum to place them in.

#4043 2 years ago
Quoted from clodpole:

The art is cool, but as a former EM fanatic, I can honestly say that there's a reason Chicago Coin pinball machines are considered by many to be gameplay dogs compared to Gottlieb, Williams, and Bally EM's.

Sadly, like most pinball machines found for sale in antique and resale shops, this one is overpriced. Even at 20% off. Just my subjective opinion of course.

#4044 2 years ago

You describe the yin and the yang of EMs - they have really neat art and are not always fun to play. For me, a "pointy people" lover, this Astronaut is something I'd love to have if I had lots of space. But, like wamonkey, I don't.

Still, you have to laugh - we've all been griping about the Banning auction's extremely high sale prices. Here's a decent game sitting in our laps at 1/5 the price, and we're still griping....

#4045 2 years ago

Not griping all. Anyone applying Banning auction prices - which are a fluke - as a metric for realistic common market values is making a mistake.

The simple truth is that you can buy so much more of an EM game for $850 (or 20% less) than this one if you just do your homework and take the time to look.

Even in today's market.

#4046 2 years ago

Selling my preorder deposit spots for these two games if anyone is interested. Both are CE.

Halloween #654
Ultraman #186

$2K each.
Located just north of Spokane.

#4047 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

Selling my preorder deposit spots for these two games if anyone is interested. Both are CE.
Halloween #654
Ultraman #186
$2K each.
Located just north of Spokane.

Just curious - why? Is the wait versus the more immediate Stern Godzilla make a difference.

#4048 2 years ago

Didn’t get in on Godzilla.

I was served papers for a divorce last night. My wife never liked this hobby or..... any other hobby for that matter.

#4049 2 years ago

I’m going to try to hold on to a few games in my collection but will probably sell most. I’ll be listing them in the next few weeks.

#4050 2 years ago

Bummer man, definitely save a few you love. The Banning auction was covered on Kiro 7 news the other day and they talked about playing pinball for a bit. I think a lot of buyers specifically are buying so they can say they have a game that was in the Museum of Pinball, not realizing there are a bunch of Museums of Pinball and these aren't museum quality games. I'd bet alot of the sales went to non-collectors at those prices.

There are 4,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pacific-northwest-buyerssellers-thread/page/81?hl=wamonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.