IMG_2271_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_1309_(resized).jpg
Sega-Speaker_(resized).jpg
Stern-Speakers_(resized).jpg
WhiteLEDS_(resized).jpg
Sopranos-Guards_(resized).jpg
There are 4,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 95.
#3501 4 years ago

Man I hate this whole social justice warrior movement. The issue is between the women and Tommy, if she wants to pursue legal action she has every right to do that. This thing that everyone sitting at a keyboard needs to stand up for every women like they are a wilting flower is so disingenuous. Has she asked you to be her champion and go around trolling Tommy trying to ruin his business or are you just taking up this crusade on your own?

#3502 4 years ago

2 EM's of unknown status, probably projects: Grand Prix and Klondike (the one picture shows that they look decent - see 3/4 quarters of the way down the set of pics)
When: October 19th and 20th

Link: http://pdxestateservices.com/packed-time-capsule-estate-sale/

#3503 4 years ago

I haven’t been playing my collection much, so looking to trade.

I have the following to trade all in nice shape, working 100%: MM original, TAF, RS, and HS2.

Looking for: Tron, WOZ, BM66, or other newer Sterns.

PM me if you are interested.

Added over 5 years ago:

Machine - For Trade
Medieval Madness Archived
Partially restored (almost original) - “I have a very nice original Medieval Madness pinball machine for sale or trade. This machine plays amazing, it truly is the gold standard. It has just been shopped with all new rub...”
2019-10-24
Zillah, WA
Trade
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 229 times

#3504 4 years ago

Yeah... Dude outed himself as enough of a piece of shit that I would never consider a purchase from him, with his conduct during that night out on the town. I don't care how many mea culpas you make or what you convince your wife to say to try to salvage the business, that shit doesn't fly and you're persona non grata from there out.

#3505 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Man I hate this whole social justice warrior movement. The issue is between the women and Tommy, if she wants to pursue legal action she has every right to do that. This thing that everyone sitting at a keyboard needs to stand up for every women like they are a wilting flower is so disingenuous. Has she asked you to be her champion and go around trolling Tommy trying to ruin his business or are you just taking up this crusade on your own?

Good to know you've got the back of the women in our region's scene bro. Your attitude normalizes this shit, and you are part of the problem.

#3506 4 years ago
Quoted from stumptown:

Good to know you've got the back of the women in our region's scene bro. Your attitude normalizes this shit, and you are part of the problem.

Dude I have the back of any women that asks for my help. I also respect a women may be perfectly capable of dealing with an issue the way she chooses. I do not just assume women need men to endless take care of them.

Why is it that other people that sell pins in the PNW feel that Tommy’s wife who is now running the business should be punished by the community.

#3507 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Dude I have the back of any women that asks for my help. I also respect a women may be perfectly capable of dealing with an issue the way she chooses. I do not just assume women need men to endless take care of them.
Why is it that other people that sell pins in the PNW feel that Tommy’s wife who is now running the business should be punished by the community.

If this was a one off issue that would be great, but it's not. It's endemic to a degree that means it's not just a prevalent thing for women to experience but that they're often punished if they come forward about it. Too damn many men think it's okay to grab a handful or take further liberties, and too many more are willing to give it a pass or actively protect men who do it. My partner has been victimized. Many of my friends in the scene have been victimized. I know people who've had their careers derailed on account of coming forward about an assault. This isn't some abstract culture war thing for me so I take it seriously.

It's not about some patronizing protective impulse. It's true that I want my friends to be safe in our shared spaces. But I also do not want to share the scene with sexual predators, or people who defend them. Regardless of the impact of those actions and attitudes on other people I care about, it's just fucking disgusting fundamentally. If you wanna go to bat for that conduct (or minimize its prevalence, crack jokes about people who take it seriously, etc.), that's your prerogative, but own it for what it is, and don't be surprised if you find a cold shoulder from others for your efforts.

To your question... Tommy's wife is, to my knowledge, still Tommy's wife. That is a symbolic and legal union of them, and their finances. It's still a business which benefits Tommy, even if he is no longer the figurehead.

#3508 4 years ago
Quoted from stumptown:

If this was a one off issue that would be great, but it's not. It's endemic to a degree that means it's not just a prevalent thing for women to experience but that they're often punished if they come forward about it. Too damn many men think it's okay to grab a handful or take further liberties, and too many more are willing to give it a pass or actively protect men who do it. My partner has been victimized. Many of my friends in the scene have been victimized. I know people who've had their careers derailed on account of coming forward about an assault. This isn't some abstract culture war thing for me so I take it seriously.
It's not about some patronizing protective impulse. It's true that I want my friends to be safe in our shared spaces. But I also do not want to share the scene with sexual predators, or people who defend them. Regardless of the impact of those actions and attitudes on other people I care about, it's just fucking disgusting fundamentally. If you wanna go to bat for that conduct (or minimize its prevalence, crack jokes about people who take it seriously, etc.), that's your prerogative, but own it for what it is, and don't be surprised if you find a cold shoulder from others for your efforts.
To your question... Tommy's wife is, to my knowledge, still Tommy's wife. That is a symbolic and legal union of them, and their finances. It's still a business which benefits Tommy, even if he is no longer the figurehead.

well spoken.

#3509 4 years ago
Quoted from stumptown:

None of what your saying has anything to do with what I said. I 100% feel Tommy was completely in the wrong and no women should ever feel that way. He owned it he apologized and she has every right to feel and do what she wants. She can accept it and move on she can be angry or she can do whatever works for her that’s her business and all the power to her.

At this point, months later that post just feels like kicking the family when they are down and it could have financial motivation.

Don’t put words in my mouth or say I’m going to bat or support that behaviour. This thing that everyone is either with me or against me is bullshit. People need to just chill out a little. If that night some one kicked the shit out of Tommy I would step in when he had enough. That doesn’t mean I’m against women. Just like now I think we have had enough from the people that have fuck all to do with this.

If you don’t think Nitro should be posting here complain to an administrator.

#3510 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Erin never asked me to be her champion (I don't even know her), but my morals & ethics know better than to minimize or condone lewd/criminal behavior by Tommy that some who have eyewitnessed it before said has been going on for years.

As far as the business, Tommy did the damage himself and simply having his wife take his place doesn't cut it for me, especially since the apologetic Pinside postings and business changes were viewed as having been Tommy hiding behind his wife's avatar. The NW Pinball show organizers stepped up morally to counter Tommy's actions - I suppose they are responsible for ruining Nitro's business as well.

Nitro can post all they want on Pinside, but I'll look elsewhere to buy, plenty of other places to choose from - my wallet won't be supporting Nitro's behavior.

#3511 4 years ago
Quoted from Humph:

Erin never asked me to be her champion (I don't even know her), but my morals & ethics know better than to minimize or condone lewd/criminal behavior by Tommy that some who have eyewitnessed it before said has been going on for years.
As far as the business, Tommy did the damage himself and simply having his wife take his place doesn't cut it for me, especially since the apologetic Pinside postings and business changes were viewed as having been Tommy hiding behind his wife's avatar. The NW Pinball show organizers stepped up morally to counter Tommy's actions - I suppose they are responsible for ruining Nitro's business as well.
Nitro can post all they want on Pinside, but I'll look elsewhere to buy, plenty of other places to choose from - my wallet won't be supporting Nitro's behavior.

It’s real simple there was a thread on this and pinside felt enough was enough and it was time to move on. I’m not condoning anything and no one knows me or my morals. All I said is this endless cheap shit from behind the keyboard because they posted a pin for sale in a thread for buying is pointless. If you guys want to create a new thread have at it, go protest Nitro, go volunteer at a women’s shelter, do whatever you feel you need to do. Just spare me the internet crusade months later.

#3512 4 years ago

All KHL did was post a one sentence "buyer beware" comment w/ a link as to why - no "crusading" was done.
It could/should have been done right then & there.

#3513 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Oh man, I so don't agree. He totally screwed over our local show. Waking up to his bombshell a few hours before our doors opened while Evening Magazine was filming live inside, with piles of emails and messages about it, was a nightmare to deal with, especially for me doing the promotions for the show. We've worked hard to make our women's pinball tournament a huge national event and our show kid friendly, suddenly women and families felt unsafe with him there. He also did this in another show sponsor's bar, I woke up also to messages from them asking me what we were going to do about it. There was so much damage control we had to do because of him. And Tommy never apologized to me or the show at all, his apology to Erin was "sorry if you were offended," and that's not a real apology at all. Tommy's actions basically ruined my weekend and tainted the entire show this past June. And I got to field so many crazy hate messages from a couple of his friends when we booted him as a sponsor of the women's pinball tournament. What jerks. These things don't happen in a vacuum and only effect 2 people, in this case it effected one of the largest women's pinball tournaments in the world, cost our show $5,000, effected other sponsors, promotions/marketing, ticket sales and more.

If he made a sincere apology to the woman and the show it would have been a good first step. His actions after the fact, and Nitro threatening to sue other people and businesses if they talked about it was downright awful. Everyone makes mistakes, what really shows what type of a person you are is how you handle things after you make a mistake.

Added over 4 years ago:

I should add, this is only my personal opinion and not that of the show. Since it happened at a bar, the general public never knew about it and the show went on smoothly thanks to the 100s of volunteers that put it on. I'm probably am more bitter about it than anyone else because I had to deal with so much of the fallout.

#3514 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Oh man, I so don't agree. He totally screwed over our local show. Waking up to his bombshell a few hours before our doors opened while Evening Magazine was filming live inside, with piles of emails and messages about it, was a nightmare to deal with, especially for me doing the promotions for the show. We've worked hard to make our women's pinball tournament a huge national event and our show kid friendly, suddenly women and families felt unsafe with him there. He also did this in another show sponsor's bar, I woke up also to messages from them asking me what we were going to do about it. There was so much damage control we had to do because of him. And Tommy never apologized to me or the show at all, his apology to Erin was "sorry if you were offended," and that's not a real apology at all. Tommy's actions basically ruined my weekend and tainted the entire show this past June. And I got to field so many crazy hate messages from a couple of his friends when we booted him as a sponsor of the women's pinball tournament. What jerks. These things don't happen in a vacuum and only effect 2 people, in this case it effected one of the largest women's pinball tournaments in the world, cost our show $5,000, effected other sponsors, promotions/marketing, ticket sales and more.
If he made a sincere apology to the woman and the show it would have been a good first step. His actions after the fact, and Nitro threatening to sue other people and businesses if they talked about it was downright awful. Everyone makes mistakes, what really shows what type of a person you are is how you handle things after you make a mistake.

Can't thank you guys enough for making the NW Pinball & Arcade show the huge success it is & I've attended all of them except the first 2-3 years. Sorry you had to deal with the fallout (due to, of all people, a sponsor!) - didn't know it became such a burden.

Given his age & the eyewitness accounts of others, Tommy's behavior last June isn't just an isolated occurrence and almost always has a rich prior history that goes with it.

I guess some people are willing to forget about it after a mere 5 months have passed and buy his products, but for me shit like this sticks forever to the person that attracted it, even more so when you make a half-hearted & pathetic "it's not really me" apology in an attempt to laugh off what happened.

Perhaps those that don't understand the gravity of the situation are the ones that need to volunteer at women's shelters and learn about why they exist. I have learned through my wife who has volunteered.

#3515 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I made no comments at all towards the incident. Clearly you were involved and by all means have your say. My only point was I personally do not believe there is anything positive or helpful by this trend of an endless online mob piling on every issue. Before this incident I had never heard a bad word about the man and in all honesty he seemed to putting a lot of effort into the community and the women’s tournaments. I also feel almost everyone deserves a second chance. I was not there and I don’t pretend to know all the details. My only intention was to avoid this thread turning into exactly what it has. I felt the business should be able to post a pin for sale without all of this. I have had my say so I’m not going to respond in this thread further and hopefully it will get back on track. If people have more to say just shoot me a pm.

#3516 4 years ago

Darscot Nah, we can go ahead and keep it public. Did you happen to forget how his wife (supposed President of @nitropinballusa) decided to further harass the community over this issue? I guess so but these people don't deserve my money, that's a fact. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nitro-pinball-apparently-still-harassing-women-via-social-media-

#3517 4 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

darscot Nah, we can go ahead and keep it public. Did you happen to forget how his wife (supposed President of nitropinballusa) decided to further harass the community over this issue? I guess so but these people don't deserve my money, that's a fact. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nitro-pinball-apparently-still-harassing-women-via-social-media-

Missed that thread - until now. Don't have enough popcorn for that thread, however short it was !
Gotta get on Pinside more.

JHC, no wonder Tommy Momm's account was frozen.

Cements my decision to never, ever buy from Nitro & let others know.

#3518 4 years ago

I think Next Level pinball sales shop & museum in Hillsboro, OR would be a great sponsor for the NW Pinball show.

Don't know if Next Level or NW are interested in such a partnership, but I've met & talked with the Next Level owner & his father - good people, far as I can tell.

#3519 4 years ago

Seconded! Next Level are good folks who've given much back to the community.

Quoted from Humph:

I think Next Level pinball sales shop & museum in Hillsboro, OR would be a great sponsor for the NW Pinball show.
Don't know if Next Level or NW are interested in such a partnership, but I've met & talked with the Next Level owner & his father - good people, far as I can tell.

#3520 4 years ago

Dang all this action and no games for sale?c’mon what ya selling?
AC/DC pro for sale also have a No Fear and Lethal Weapon 3 for trade.

#3521 4 years ago

I have a NIB Beatles Platinum located in Washington State for sale.

#3522 4 years ago

I have the nicest embryon on the planet up for sale. Shoot me an offer. Game has cleared PF and is beyond collector quality. Absolutely gorgeous.
Cheers fellow pinballers! Also a super nice cosmic gunfight.

#3523 4 years ago

Looking for a Gottlieb 2001 (or AAB Dimension). I don't mind a little bit of road rash on the cabinet but would prefer a fully functional game with a decent playfield but will consider all. Shoot me a PM and let me know what you have.

#3524 4 years ago

OK - I found a Ghostbusters Premium it is in LAX - would love if someone had one local they were willing to part with....anyone? Crickets chirping in the background...

But if not.....anyone got any info on some way to ship from LA to Seattle area. I can ask the guy to take it to Fastenal I guess and arrange the shipping. I know STI / Beltman will be $400-500 and I have used them in the past just wondering if anyone else had any ideas.

I do not mind point to point like where I get it from a warehouse or something.

Just thought I would ask if anyone else has anyone they use for a LAX to SEA run?

#3525 4 years ago

I have a fully restored Abra Ca Dabra in the market. If anyone is interested, make me an offer.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/86725

Added over 4 years ago:

Game has been sold.

#3526 4 years ago

Tyamry
That abra ca dabra is beautiful!

Cabinet looks dirty on one side for fresh repaint.
But I have never seen a nicer example of this game!

Glws

#3527 4 years ago

Cabinet isn't dirty at all. You must be mistaken the webbing for dirt?

#3528 4 years ago

I am sure it is stunning! Wish I had extra funds for it!

#3529 4 years ago

I have a WWE Royal Rumble I’m considering trading. Wondering if there is interest out there on a trade before I do a straight sale?
Thanks,

#3530 4 years ago

Im looking for a working count-down..would consider trading my very clean condition quick draw as a trade..

Added over 4 years ago:

Also interested in a memory lane

#3531 4 years ago

Anybody have a player quality Getaway or Funhouse you’re done with? Doesn’t have to be a perfect specimen

#3532 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

Anybody have a player quality Getaway or Funhouse you’re done with? Doesn’t have to be a perfect specimen

ttown has a Getaway that he was considering selling

#3533 4 years ago

Posted an EM Atlantis for Seattle, new BGResto backglass and plays like a champ. $1,800

seattle.craigslist.org link

#3534 4 years ago
Quoted from spblat:

Good luck trying to find a FH for sale in the PNW! Seriously you're likely going to have to buy one and have it shipped. That game almost never comes up for sale around here.

#3535 4 years ago

I had that experience looking for a Funhouse. I ended up buying a worn playfield FH on a shipping container from Italy and will be spending a year probably putting in a new playfield and parts and getting it nice again.

#3536 4 years ago

Selling my Medieval Madness remake LE and currently looking for a MINT Judge Dredd somewhere in the NW. Willing to drive or ship for a really nice one.

#3537 4 years ago

Okay got to ask. Posted last night a Bally 1981 Fathom on Craigslist at 8:55pm for $1600. Was this real? If so, who was the lucky buyer? Please share your find!

#3538 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Okay got to ask. Posted last night a Bally 1981 Fathom on Craigslist at 8:55pm for $1600. Was this real? If so, who was the lucky buyer? Please share your find!

Interested to hear as well...my email at 8:59 never got a reply, and it was cross posted to Offer Up but I didnt get any response there either.

#3540 4 years ago

Just need a bill of sale. Since the game was originally made in US, bringing it back to US is no problem.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

#3541 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Just need a bill of sale. Since the game was originally made in US, bringing it back to US is no problem.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Can confirm, I did it earlier on this year. No problem issues all at the border. They asked me if I was bringing anything back and I told them "a pinball machine." They just waved me through, didn't even ask to see a bill of sale (although I had one).

#3542 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I had that experience looking for a Funhouse. I ended up buying a worn playfield FH on a shipping container from Italy and will be spending a year probably putting in a new playfield and parts and getting it nice again.

6 years ago I found one 20 minutes from my house. The cabinet was nice but the playfield was hammered. IIRC I paid $2000. Fast forward to earlier this year I bought a NOS OEM pf cleared by Kruzman, replaced every topside component (minus Rudy's head) and rebuilt everything on the bottom. Installed GIOCD AND LEDOCD boards and did full LED. Spent $4k on the partial restore. It looks beyond incredible and plays fast as hell. I fell short of a full restore because of money. The cabinet is a strong 7. If I redid the cabinet I'd definently lose money. The day I do decide to sell it, not sure if it'll be worth what I have into it now but I won't let it go for a dime less than what I put into it. These machines are hard enough to find let alone finding one where all the inserts arent lifted a mile high and kick out damage isnt down to the wood. Hell, even if they have factory mylar it's bubbled to beat hell from insert lifting and when you remove the mylar to fix the insert lifting the insert artwork comes up and it looks like crap.
I'm glad I stopped when I did or I'd end up getting beat up like the joker who's trying to sell his right now for $7200

#3543 4 years ago

Yep, that's approximately what I was hoping to do--find a FH that hasn't been shopped or LED'd and do the work myself. I fear I may have waited too long ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#3544 4 years ago

You could have picked one up from the container imports that have been advertised. That's probably the most popular machine to get, must have been a dozen or more imported. It's also not unusual for one of those to be resold if importer didn't plan to restore it. In fact, I bought one like that this summer for $2200 from someone who probably didn't realize the kind of problems imports have. It fixed up real nice, playfield wasn't even worn, just dirty.

#3545 4 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

You could have picked one up from the container imports that have been advertised. That's probably the most popular machine to get, must have been a dozen or more imported. It's also not unusual for one of those to be resold if importer didn't plan to restore it. In fact, I bought one like that just this past summer for $2200 from someone who probably didn't realize the kind of problems imports have. It fixed up real nice, playfield wasn't even worn, just dirty.

"Container imports." I've seen a couple of references to buying this way and I feel like I have no idea how to get in on this. How do I get smarter about that?

#3546 4 years ago

Just jump in when advertised...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pacific-northwest-buyerssellers-thread/page/64#post-4611680

The latest import container is actually arriving in about a week.

#3547 4 years ago

I'm looking for a JJP POTC - HUO LE (or CE but it's not really worth the extra money to me personally). I'm looking for a local machine I can pick up in person.

#3548 4 years ago

I can let you know if I see one pop up the next time we are doing a shipping container. I got mine that way about a year ago, it was about $2500 shipped... but if you go this route you definitely will need a new playfield, Funhouses didn't really hold up like most 90s Williams playfields for some reason.

#3549 4 years ago

Hey just a shout out to Charlie (aka Tuna_Delight), bought my new JJP POTC LE from him. Charlie I finally got to open my box in New Hampshire, game is perfect out of the box, playfield and all. Great guy to buy from, thanks again!

Michael

#3550 4 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Hey just a shout out to Charlie (aka Tuna_Delight), bought my new JJP POTC LE from him. Charlie I finally got to open my box in New Hampshire, game is perfect out of the box, playfield and all. Great guy to buy from, thanks again!
Michael

Congrats - JJP POTC is a truly great game!

I'm not aware of another Tuna Delight out there besides me, but FWIW, I'm not Charlie.

There are 4,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pacific-northwest-buyerssellers-thread/page/71?hl=staythirsty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.