IMG_2271_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_1309_(resized).jpg
Sega-Speaker_(resized).jpg
Stern-Speakers_(resized).jpg
WhiteLEDS_(resized).jpg
Sopranos-Guards_(resized).jpg
There are 4,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 95.
#2001 8 years ago

Slugfest sold

#2002 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Does any know whom is selling the F-14 Tomcat in Puyallup, WA?
Several people approached me regarding technical evaluations, but there is no response from the owner of the ad, and price just dropped today, so clearly there is monitoring.
Many of the surrounding collectors are unsure who the owner is as well.
I am trying to help potential buyers.
portland.craigslist.org link

I sent him an email a couple weeks ago with what he thought to be an insulting offer. He really thinks that there is no better example of the game than the one he has. He seems really really defensive, and if I were to guess, I think that a lot of people have been telling him his price is too high. He has reposted that ad in both the Portland and Seattle craigslist probably 5 times. He just recently dropped the price from $2500 to $2250.

#2003 8 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

He just recently dropped the price from $2500 to $2250

If he drops it another $500 he might get some interest.

#2004 8 years ago

Don't buy F-14 for anywhere near that price

Good music, not-lasting-play at home. Just my opinion though!

#2005 8 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Got a nice original TAF I'm thinking of trading if anyone is interested.

I've heard from more than half a dozen people that Pdxmonkey is one of the best people in pinball.

#2006 8 years ago
Quoted from iron00monkey:

I've heard from more than half a dozen people that Pdxmonkey is one of the best people in pinball.

PDX is a very solid pinhead!

#2007 8 years ago

Add that to the count!

I was going to buy a pin from him, and I totaled my truck. He was very understanding about it.

#2008 8 years ago

I'd like to personally invite the following pinsiders back to this thread....

pin-pimp, maglar, ripple, noiseprisoner, paynemic, Boise_D

Let me know if I'm forgetting any ID people.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

#2009 8 years ago

Buy with confidence from PDXmonkey. 5 star seller and a great guy. Have bought many games from him.

#2010 8 years ago

Cant go wrong with PDXmonkey!

#2011 8 years ago

Thanks guys!

#2012 8 years ago

Heh guys - Slightly off topic for this thread, so quick intro.
I'm from Edmonds, WA and have been following this Pacific NW buy/sell thread since I found this site 6 months or so ago. Finally joined last week. I decided I wanted to get my first pin for home as I have been a on/off player since I was a kid. I think I almost (positive huh)have my wife on board too. I must admit I'm a bit gun shy as I have 0 knowledge of pin maintenance. For this reason if I pull the trigger I have decided to buy new.

Which leads me to my question for the PNW guys. Where do you guys around here buy a new machine? I've searched around a bit but haven't found a "shop" around here that sells pinball. Do you pretty much have to buy online or direct from Stern?

Leaning towards Star Trek or possibly the new Ghostbusters in Pro version.

#2013 8 years ago
Quoted from Scotch-Rocks:

Heh guys - Slightly off topic for this thread, so quick intro.
I'm from Edmonds, WA and have been following this Pacific NW buy/sell thread since I found this site 6 months or so ago. Finally joined last week. I decided I wanted to get my first pin for home as I have been a on/off player since I was a kid. I think I almost (positive huh)have my wife on board too. I must admit I'm a bit gun shy as I have 0 knowledge of pin maintenance. For this reason if I pull the trigger I have decided to buy new.
Which leads me to my question for the PNW guys. Where do you guys around here buy a new machine? I've searched around a bit but haven't found a "shop" around here that sells pinball. Do you pretty much have to buy online or direct from Stern?
Leaning towards Star Trek or possibly the new Ghostbusters in Pro version.

I think Nitro Amusements does sales in Washington as well as in. Super nice guys, but you'd have to email for a price in your area: http://nitroamusements.com/

#2014 8 years ago

I've never bought NIB but am considering GB and have been asking -- seems like you can order from most distributors and have it delivered to your door. Best option would be to buy from a state with no sales tax... Oregon.. Colorado as well? You'll have to call around though and see what kind of prices you get quoted.

Pin maintenance is one of the best parts of the hobby though as well.. even if you bought something 5 - 10 years old, you shouldn't have too much trouble and you'd save some money. Then again.. Star Trek is fantastic and GB *looks* like it will be a hit. I'm still holding out a little.. I want to see what the premium looks like in action.. wish I could see it.

#2015 8 years ago

I've bought a few NIB's and JJ from Game Exchange in Colorado is my go to guy. Good prices, usually free shipping and great support if needed. I'm eyeing on GB too, and will buy it from JJ for sure

I'd say though that new pins need maintenance too, cleaning at minimum and some part changes too. I wouldn't shy away from buying a well maintained machine from a local pinhead, you'll get support for any issue from pin side and locals will help too.

You'll learn and nothing is more satisfying than successfully troubleshooting and fixing something

#2016 8 years ago

Went from worried about maintaining a pinball machine to fully restoring games. There's so much knowledge and help in the Washington area and online I'd say jump in and learn as you go. If you're nervous just go for a newer title like GB pro to get your feet wet. Been happy with ordering through specialty coin down in Oregon.

#2017 8 years ago

Congo 4000 Obo.. this is a really nice one , no PF damage , protectors installed ... lots of LEDS ..Volcano Mod , has a couple chipped plastics ..cab is nice .. no errors

such a great game , amazing rule set with lots of options to score well

tj

IMG_5003_(resized).JPGIMG_5003_(resized).JPG

IMG_5001_(resized).JPGIMG_5001_(resized).JPG

IMG_5002_(resized).JPGIMG_5002_(resized).JPG

IMG_4990_(resized).JPGIMG_4990_(resized).JPG

IMG_4975_(resized).JPGIMG_4975_(resized).JPG

IMG_4980_(resized).JPGIMG_4980_(resized).JPG

IMG_4979_(resized).JPGIMG_4979_(resized).JPG

IMG_4977_(resized).JPGIMG_4977_(resized).JPG

#2018 8 years ago
Quoted from Ed209:

Went from worried about maintaining a pinball machine to fully restoring games. There's so much knowledge and help in the Washington area and online I'd say jump in and learn as you go.

This is also my story. Bought my first machine just after the NWPAAS in June 2013. Went from n00b (broken NC EOS switch stumping me) to playfield teardowns and rebuilds. This would not have been possible without all the great local resources available!

#2019 8 years ago

I'm from Edmonds, WA

Tons of good pinball and pinheads in your area. Even if you buy NIB you will need to learn a few things to keep a game running at top condition.

Where do you guys around here buy a new machine?

I would second Tommy up at Nitro. He delivers and sets the machine up at a very reasonable price. His after sales support is excellent as well.

#2020 8 years ago
#2021 8 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

I think Nitro Amusements does sales in Washington as well as in. Super nice guys, but you'd have to email for a price in your area: http://nitroamusements.com/

#60 1 hour ago
OP

See post above:

Looks like you could get a nice discount if you don't mind 3 days of play on it.

#2022 8 years ago

I'm here! Just lurking. I don't have anything to sell, but always in the market to buy! I think we should start some sort of pinball rotation club. Put a pin into the pool then rotate every 3 months or so...

I have a nice Gorgar I picked up from another cool pinsider I might consider trading...

#2023 8 years ago
Quoted from Woodman_2000:

#60 1 hour ago
OP
See post above:
Looks like you could get a nice discount if you don't mind 3 days of play on it.

well ... shows my knowledge. OP? #60?

#2024 8 years ago

Thanks for the replies to my original post. I know I have a lot to learn, but nice to know there is help nearby! I'll check out a few of the suggestions. May also keep my eyes out here for a pin in nice shape. Just want to start with something fairly reliable so I can ease in to the maintenance.

#2025 8 years ago

Most of us start with little to no knowledge... Or graduated from arcades to pins.

Get yourself some tools - soldering iron, multimeter, and the usual (screwdrivers, wrenches, plyers,etc).

First time something breaks, do some research and ask for help here. It's intimidating the first time, but each repair builds upon the last. Some machines just drove me nuts with all the issues, but that's how I have learned. Note: I'm no expert, but now I'm not afraid to dig in and figure it out.

Oh, and good luck! And make sure you mod the heck out of your pin, that's the fun part - that and playing it of course

#2026 8 years ago

im here, got a couple of system 11s pron bring to tacoma. my brother and I are trying to get a booth at the show. they have been slow getting back to us. JAWA sales, new and used pin parts and boards plus arcade boards and parts
I dig that Congo, sold mine last year and miss it a little

#2027 8 years ago

Just want to start with something fairly reliable so I can ease in to the maintenance.

Early SS, late 70s and low 80s.

Easy to work on, non complex assemblies, boards have been redesigned if you are not familiar with how to rebuild old ones.

Replace all connectors first, if boards are in good repair, it solves myriads of problems. It will start teaching tool skills as well.

#2028 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I'm here! Just lurking. I don't have anything to sell, but always in the market to buy! I think we should start some sort of pinball rotation club. Put a pin into the pool then rotate every 3 months or so...
I have a nice Gorgar I picked up from another cool pinsider I might consider trading...

I just miss the Idaho action. Nothing's going on...

#2029 8 years ago

I agree with knight solid state games are a much better starter pin then Dmd's and newer. I started with arcades and at times I am still lost. Your comfort level will rise as you do more things. Do not let Lifting the hood intimidate you.

#2030 8 years ago

Anybody got Getaway , shadow, fishtales, doctor who for sale?

#2031 8 years ago

I will be looking to trade a very nice Shadow in the near future. PM me with any interest and what u have.

#2032 8 years ago

Me. I dont post all that often.

#2033 8 years ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

im here, got a couple of system 11s pron bring to tacoma. my brother and I are trying to get a booth at the show. they have been slow getting back to us. JAWA sales, new and used pin parts and boards plus arcade boards and parts
I dig that Congo, sold mine last year and miss it a little

Email Holly at [email protected] for vending at the show. They did a re-org of the floor space for this year, dropping the Magic and non vid/pin stuff, moving everything to the top floor including the speakers, so there has been a big shuffle figuring out vendor spaces available. I think it's all set now and they know what's available, Holly is the person with the details.

#2034 8 years ago

we did, waiting for a reply. im sure it will come soon

#2035 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Email Holly at [email protected] for vending at the show. They did a re-org of the floor space for this year, dropping the Magic and non vid/pin stuff, moving everything to the top floor including the speakers, so there has been a big shuffle figuring out vendor spaces available. I think it's all set now and they know what's available, Holly is the person with the details.

Can't wait for this year's show. I am hoping to bring 2-3 nicely restored EMs for the first time.

#2036 8 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Can't wait for this year's show. I am hoping to bring 2-3 nicely restored EMs for the first time.

Sweet. I'm bringing my Bride of Pinbot 2.0, I think it will be in the Nitro Amusements booth with The Big Lebowski and Heighway Game's Full Throttle (and Aliens if it's out). I'm working on my other games frantically to get 5 or 6 pins in good shape to be there.

#2037 8 years ago

Is p3 going to be at the Seattle show? I might go, if so...

#2038 8 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Is p3 going to be at the Seattle show? I might go, if so...

Unfortunately, not.

#2039 8 years ago

Cool, looking forward to playing these. Are you bringing the new AAB?

#2040 8 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Cool, looking forward to playing these. Are you bringing the new AAB?

I suppose I could, but I think usually Tim Meighan brings his Lucky Hand.

#2041 8 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

I will be looking to trade a very nice Shadow in the near future. PM me with any interest and what u have.

Arrgh!!!
I was going to offer up my super nice Iron Man but you already have one.

If anyone else has a Shadow and would like to trade it for a nice IM with a recently swapped playfield installed please let me know.

#2042 8 years ago

Still have Moon Flight up for trade, interested in either a pin or puck bowler.

IMG_0432_(resized).jpgIMG_0432_(resized).jpg

#2043 8 years ago

well ... shows my knowledge. OP? #60?

Sorry, original post looks to have been removed. Marco Specialties will be bringing the lineup of new Sterns and is pre-selling them at discount prices. This was also pulled from 2016 NWPAS post so they must have sold out already.

#2044 8 years ago
Quoted from Woodman_2000:

Sorry, original post looks to have been removed. Marco Specialties will be bringing the lineup of new Sterns and is pre-selling them at discount prices. This was also pulled from 2016 NWPAS post so they must have sold out already.

Well... that's too bad

#2045 8 years ago
Quoted from Crater:

I sent him an email a couple weeks ago with what he thought to be an insulting offer. He really thinks that there is no better example of the game than the one he has. He seems really really defensive, and if I were to guess, I think that a lot of people have been telling him his price is too high. He has reposted that ad in both the Portland and Seattle craigslist probably 5 times. He just recently dropped the price from $2500 to $2250.

I found out the owner and contact information from several close collectors, thank you everyone.

Yes, he has received many very fair and acceptable offers, and refuses, so the machine may squat, at least until goes under $2k. I spooked him with the technical request evaluation as I own a prototype sample from the factory and can review game condition, particularly inserts and boards. I know particular title very well, including early production.

"Mods such as mirror blades and LEDs due not make games worth a$$ more", sorry.

I wish the seller the best.

#2046 8 years ago

I'm here. Let's play!

#2047 8 years ago

Which ones? I love EMs

#2048 8 years ago

If any Seattle locals are going to Emerald City Comicon this weekend, we are doing a free classic arcade in the Aspen room of the Sheraton with half a dozen pins.

IMG_9858_(resized).JPGIMG_9858_(resized).JPG

IMG_9863_(resized).JPGIMG_9863_(resized).JPG

IMG_9859_(resized).JPGIMG_9859_(resized).JPG

#2049 8 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

Which ones? I love EMs

Well I was thinking a very nice Quick Draw and a nice Target Alpha. I also have an Atlantis, a Lucky Hand and a Bank-A-Ball, but those three I probably can't bring until next year.

#2050 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

If any Seattle locals are going to Emerald City Comicon this weekend, we are doing a free classic arcade in the Aspen room of the Sheraton with half a dozen pins

Bummer that it wasn't in the convention center this year.

There are 4,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 95.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pacific-northwest-buyerssellers-thread/page/41 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.